What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t undertand nothing about sport? I trained in martial arts from a young age until my teens, my father was my teacher. I lost him in my teens in a traumatic accident and I stopped training. It took me the best part of a decade to get back to training and I have constant mental blocks when I train because of the trauma. What Simone went through is completely different but it is traumatic and that will have an effect on her and what she does.
I have no idea as to why you’ve felt the need to tell me that information, I would never dream of listing all of the traumatic experiences I have been through to a complete stranger on the internet and you know why that is? Because almost every single human being has bad/traumatic/horrific experiences, they’re part of life and I will never apologise for being mentally tough.

Reactions: 3
Sadly we live in a world where metal toughness is not celebrated nearly enough. Many, many people will have been through incredibly traumatic experiences, not everyone chooses to let it define the rest of their lives. I truly worry for future generations who are being raised to think that blaming everything on mental health issues is acceptable.
Sadly we also live in a world with people like you who have absolutely no ounce of empathy. Just because YOU feel mentally tough and able to "not let things define you" it doesn't mean other's are the same.

Reactions: 6
I have no idea as to why you’ve felt the need to tell me that information, I would never dream of listing all of the traumatic experiences I have been through to a complete stranger on the internet and you know why that is? Because almost every single human being has bad/traumatic/horrific experiences, they’re part of life and I will never apologise for being mentally tough.
You can have empathy.

Reactions: 4
Sadly we also live in a world with people like you who have absolutely no ounce of empathy. Just because YOU feel mentally tough and able to "not let things define you" it doesn't mean other's are the same.
I have all the empathy in the world for people who truly are struggling, I just refuse to believe that, that was the reason Biles quit. Sadly we live in a world where people lose their minds over differing opinions.

You can have empathy.
I do, for people I care about and need it.

Reactions: 1
I have all the empathy in the world for people who truly are struggling, I just refuse to believe that, that was the reason Biles quit. Sadly we live in a world where people lose their minds over differing opinions.

I do, for people I care about and need it.
How could you possibly know if she is truly struggling? Do you have a super power where you can read her mind and emotions. 🧐

(So sorry for massively derailing this thread, I’ll stop now).

Reactions: 3
How very mentally tough of you Norah. Would you like simones medal for that? 😌

Reactions: 11
She's also a human being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who has trained her entire life and made many sacrifices to compete and to win. Trust me when I say she will have many moments in the future when she will quietly, to herself regret this decision.

Reactions: 2
Is there not a Simone Biles thread where people can argue it out (if they wish to)😬?

Reactions: 10
I was annoyed and came here to rant BUT the shocking opinions of some have amused me no end.
10/10 a cracking read. Well done all.

Link to the Simone thread plz?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sadly we live in a world where metal toughness is not celebrated nearly enough. Many, many people will have been through incredibly traumatic experiences, not everyone chooses to let it define the rest of their lives. I truly worry for future generations who are being raised to think that blaming everything on mental health issues is acceptable.
"Back in my day we suffered heroically in silence" cookie for you then, personally I'd rather prefer the "woke era" where Uncle Jim doesn't finally hang himself 2 hours after cracking his family up at the barbecue because he's been shamed into not speaking about his troubles. Couldn't care less why Simone Biles chose to quit but seems like you're disproportionately upset over her decision to step down with mental health being the excuse, because for some reason admitting you are having mental health issues is some kind of defeat and weakness? Your mentality stinks and it has nothing to do with sports or with Biles tbh. Have a good one, hope the next time you need help, someone who thinks like you tells you to buck up instead.

Apologies for derailing the thread. Annoyed with myself that I get annoyed enough to argue with people online over their opinions on mental health lmao.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The builders are in and one of them has really bad wind that stays hanging in the air. It's awful even with the windows open.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Cos I've got to take my dog to the vets , I thought I'd better update my address cos we've moved . I go to do it and the chip number I thought was my dogs is registered to a cat at someone else's address. So I'm going to have to get my dog scanned cos I can't find the original paperwork.

The builders are in and one of them has really bad wind that stays hanging in the air. It's awful even with the windows open.
It's probably my husband haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.