What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s her mental health, you know nothing about it! Nobody can comment on someone else’s mental health. It’s attitudes like yours that cause so much damage to the world.
No it’s people like you who pander to this woke generation that are the problem. As an athlete who has competed at the highest level mused I know that quitting is never acceptable.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Simone Biles has bathed in the glory of her enormous talent for many years, and rightfully so, she then went to Tokyo and gave an under par performance and subsequently quit. She then played the much overused mental health card. Being an Olympian is all about pressure there should be pressure, you’re at the top of your game.
Just because she is a world famous gymnast does not mean she is immune to things affecting her mental health. 🤷🏻‍♀️ No one knows what she has gone through or is going through in her personal life to come to the decision that she has.

Reactions: 10
No it’s people like you who pander to this woke generation that are the problem. As an athlete who has competed at the highest level mused I know that quitting is never acceptable.
Having mental health issues has nothing to do with being woke. Would you rather she competed and badly injured herself because she couldn't concentrate?

Reactions: 7
Just on a call to someone, the person next to me was whispering “ask him this” “ask him that” “ask him how much”…like, do you want to take over the call

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Having mental health issues has nothing to do with being woke. Would you rather she competed and badly injured herself because she couldn't concentrate?
She wasn’t about to injure herself, she performed badly, as an athlete that happens, even to the best. She quit because she didn’t like her score and therefore let her team down.

Reactions: 1
Simone Biles has bathed in the glory of her enormous talent for many years, and rightfully so, she then went to Tokyo and gave an under par performance and subsequently quit. She then played the much overused mental health card. Being an Olympian is all about pressure there should be pressure, you’re at the top of your game.
No, she had a twisties in the air. Is like her brain and muscle aren’t connecting: Just imagine you are crossing the road, and your muscle just froze while your brain registered that as danger, you just can’t do anything. Is dangerous! Twistie is psychological though.

Reactions: 4
She wasn’t about to injure herself, she performed badly, as an athlete that happens, even to the best. She quit because she didn’t like her score and therefore let her team down.
Maybe she performed badly because of her MH

Put my phone away so I can focus on my work and here I am on Tattle on my laptop. Annoyed at myself and my lack of willpower.

What makes you such an expert? They have lives away from sport and we have no idea whats going on there.

I actually had to leave a sports club because of the pressure and then there was the fact that I was made to feel guilty for not wanting to compete every weekend.

Reactions: 2
What makes you such an expert? They have lives away from sport and we have no idea whats going on there.

I actually had to leave a sports club because of the pressure and then there was the fact that I was made to feel guilty for not wanting to compete every weekend.
As I said I’m a retired athlete who has competed at the highest level in a team sport, I know all about how important it is to put the team before yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
As I said I’m a retired athlete who has competed at the highest level in a team sport, I know all about how important it is to put the team before yourself.
She went through something traumatic in her life and that trauma never goes away. Mentally she may not have been okay, therefore affecting her and her practise. That is OKAY.

Edit: to not derail the thread, things that are annoying me. My hair. My make-up. What I am wearing. Not to self - do not look in a mirror today. 😂

• Heart
Crikey, I hope you never require any help for mental health issues from someone with the same mindset as you 🥴🥴

Reactions: 13
Re Simone Biles, can we all agree that the most sickmaking thing is how journalists and corporate PR are all lining up to tongue her balloon knot over this.

She's 24 years old, I think, which in women's gymnastics is kind of over the hill (they instituted a minimum age for this very reason and certain countries still fake passports to get "pixies" to compete). I'm thinking this may be a just as planned to get her loads of advertising and branding works and then pivot into being a celebrity activist.

Reminiscent of Colin Kaepernick and how his kneeling didn't mean he gave up anything but became the face of Nike that year and made vast sums in so doing.

The whole business smells of PR.

Reactions: 3
Tell that to her teammates or the athletes that she originally got selected over.
The only thing I’d tell them all is to do one. Her mental health is more important than all of them put together. You only have one of you, looking after number one is important.

Reactions: 6
Do you understand what happened to her? To continue on in the competition when she had lost her spatial awareness could quite literally have been suicide for Simone. Saw a tweet yesterday to the effect that it's ridiculous that so many people literally expect her to out and break her neck for them just to keep them happy. Not clear from your next post if you are an athlete or not, but you should know that in this case, nobody but Simone is in a position to make the decision regarding whether she should keep going.

• Haha
Crikey, I hope you never require any help for mental health issues from someone with the same mindset as you 🥴🥴
Sadly we live in a world where metal toughness is not celebrated nearly enough. Many, many people will have been through incredibly traumatic experiences, not everyone chooses to let it define the rest of their lives. I truly worry for future generations who are being raised to think that blaming everything on mental health issues is acceptable.

Do you understand what happened to her? To continue on in the competition when she had lost her spatial awareness could quite literally have been suicide for Simone. Saw a tweet yesterday to the effect that it's ridiculous that so many people literally expect her to out and break her neck for them just to keep them happy. Not clear from your next post if you are an athlete or not, but you should know that in this case, nobody but Simone is in a position to make the decision regarding whether she should keep going.
The fact that you’re believing this newest version of her story is laughable.

The only thing I’d tell them all is do one. Her mental health is more important than all of them put together. You only have one of you, looking after number one is important.
You clearly understand nothing about sport.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
You clearly understand nothing about sport.
I don’t undertand nothing about sport? I trained in martial arts from a young age until my teens, my father was my teacher. I lost him in my teens in a traumatic accident and I stopped training. It took me the best part of a decade to get back to training and I have constant mental blocks when I train because of the trauma. What Simone went through is completely different but it is traumatic and that will have an effect on her and what she does.

Reactions: 5
I tell you what's annoying me there's some absolute whoppers in this thread 😂😂😂

Loads of athletes have talked about their struggles with MH etc. It's unfortunate timing for Simone, but she isn't the first nor the last to experience MH difficulties.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.