What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s too bleeping hot. I have 3 fans on! still so uncomfortable. today was the hottest day in my country since records began (n.Ireland) And it’s making me anxious, worrying about global warming and all sorts of everything. Just wish it would go back to normal

Reactions: 10
Can't sleep.

Story of my life for the past 3 months.

I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My husband gets ready for work while I'm in the shower. Every day he makes just his side of the bed, why?! How hard is it to throw my side over too?! Especially if you're making your side anyway 🙄

Think I'll just do my washing, and cook tea for myself 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I’m so relived it’s not just me. I don’t know how to change it. Im not naturally outgoing but at the same time I crave friendship or at least communication with other adults, despite being painfully shy, otherwise I end up feeling like this. Like I don’t belong, no one likes me etc. So stupid.
Me too, your not alone, sending a virtual hug. I always feel absolutely drained at the end of these sorts of events and hyper awarw of myself, its exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My headache is still here and now my back really hurts. I need to go for a run now before it gets too hot but I just don't feel up to it. Feel like a useless toad 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I am attempting to toilet train MiniGlenCoco and I just feel rubbish about it. My parents have been pressuring me to do it for about 12 months now and reckon that I will have loads of issues because I've left it too long 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I am attempting to toilet train MiniGlenCoco and I just feel rubbish about it. My parents have been pressuring me to do it for about 12 months now and reckon that I will have loads of issues because I've left it too long 🙄
Kids actually let you know when they are ready. If you don't feel they are, then leave it, it only takes a couple of days when they are ready.

My husband gets ready for work while I'm in the shower. Every day he makes just his side of the bed, why?! How hard is it to throw my side over too?! Especially if you're making your side anyway 🙄

Think I'll just do my washing, and cook tea for myself 🤣
You really should! What a strange thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That we need stuff and I have to go out in this oppressive heat again. duck off heatwave!

Reactions: 3
Like a lot of people, I have gained a significant amount of weight. Ok, no biggie, I don’t like gaining weight but I don’t dislike the way I look either and don’t view myself negatively because of the weight gain. Spent £500-ish updating my entire wardrobe (including underwear) about 2 months ago. Cue to now, I’ve gained even more weight and don’t even fit into my new updated wardrobe. And I’m pissed off. I’m pissed off that it’s 30 degrees today and I either wear clothes that cut into my stomach and are too tight, or I wear my boyfriends joggers which, whilst comfortable, are too hot. Im pissed that my bras make me feel like I can’t breathe now. I’m pissed off that I spent £500 on a new wardrobe that made me feel good, only to not fit into it 2 months later. I’m not made of money, I can’t afford to spend another £500 on a new wardrobe. Complained about it on insta, only to get a ton of comments about internalised fatphobia, and it’s like NO! I don’t care that I gained weight, I don’t view myself as less of a person or feel like I don’t matter. I don’t think losing weight will make me any happier (well it will, but only because I will fit back into the clothes I just bought lol, not because I think losing weight gives me more self worth). I care that I spent a lot of money on clothes only to not fit into them and people are acting like I hate myself for it. I don’t think what I’m feeling is internalised fatphobia

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was going to apply for a rather interesting ESG role. Went through the regular education/experience questions, then I saw the "diversity" questionnaire requesting the below information:
  • Race affiliation
  • Highest level of education achieved by parents by the time you turned 18
  • Were you availing of Free School Meals at any point during your school years?
  • What type of school did you attend (State-run selective school, state run non-selective, independent fee-paying school etc..)?
  • Would you describe yourself as coming from a lower socio-economic background compared to people in general?
I was astonished. What on earth is this? I don't believe these questions are genuinely asked in the name of so-called "diversity". These are quite discriminatory/intrusive questions that no one should be required to answer within the scope of a job application. It infringes several legal principles. Whilst I've seen "race" and "sexual orientation" being listed in questions for another companies, the above listed are the cherry on top. What does my parents' level of education or free school meals have anything to do with my professional capacities and credentials at this stage? Besides, the "compared to people in general" - what does this even mean? Smaller niche companies are sometimes out of this world with their application process.

Definitely cancelled the whole process once I saw these highly discriminatory questions in the same of "diversity". Yeah, right. Supposedly, the data will never be linked back to the individual application or be seen by the hiring manager. Well, surely enough, if they are part of the application questionnaire and you can't submit your application before answering these questions, then yes, by default the answers will be linked to your application. Who on earth are they fooling, I wonder.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.