What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people at the till call you "young lady"? I'm 31, so I don't think the endearing "young lady" is appropriate. I'm rather petite and had my mask on, but I always get the "young lady", or worse, I once got "kiddo". I'm not offended when someone says "young lady" as I'm not old either, but it's a bit weird as I always think this term is better suited for children, teenagers and perhaps women in their early twenties. Not grown women in their 30s.
It's a bit patronising , can see why it irritates you
And these days the ' young ladies' might not even identify as female .

Reactions: 2
It's a bit patronising , can see why it irritates you
And these days the ' young ladies' might not even identify as female .
Patronizing is the word I was looking for. It's flattering, but patronizing.

Well, I was wearing a dress and feminine jewelry and identify as female, so at least, she got that bit right.

Reactions: 6
I have a friend who keeps making sly digs at me. The latest one was “I thought I saw you today… (then she described me horribly”).

I had already told her it wasn’t me!

It was a dig.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I really don’t want to go back to uni this September. My first year was spent at home and I’ve never been to the university besides for an open day. I’m riddled with anxiety as I’ll be commuting and I know how exhausting it’ll be. I don’t like being alone too much so the thought of making a 2 hour journey everyday is difficult. Sounds bad but I’m praying that restrictions change so I can stay at home. Nothing sounds worse than going to uni in person at this point. To make it even worse, I find a lot of people on my course to be very snooty and unhelpful. I love supporting people and working as a team but all I’ve encountered from my peers in the past year is the cold shoulder. Some have even been nasty to me for asking a simple question. Dread the thought of seeing them in person and not being able to shout “f*** off” loudly.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Another night of me complaining but I’m in so much pain. I have horrible period pains and an IBS flare up. I am in so much pain that I turned pale on the toilet earlier and nearly fainted. I feel so nauseous, lightheaded and I am cramping up a storm. I don’t know whether my uterus is being torn out my Fanny or if my bowels are doing the tango. 😴 I need sleep jesus

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Parents on the school run who think that just because it’s the last day of term they can park like absolute cunts. I drive my kids to school most days but always park down the road and never on a bloody corner or over the pavement or anything like that. It pisses me off even more because the people who do it (it’s usually the same cars) clearly are rich and don’t care about fines so why would they bother following the rules of the road? duck people’s safety, right? They would be the first to cry and complain if little Horacio or Hortensia got hit by a car as a result of this kind of parking. bleeping selfish. Hope if I ever become rich I don’t act like that. So entitled.

Ended up in a stupid amount of debit with my energy provider because I just kept forgetting to put in the meter readings. Had smart meters installed thinking that would make life easier (one of the meters is in a hard to reach spot) but my current provider doesn’t use them so we have to do it the old fashioned way instead of looking at the little gadget and I just kept forgetting even with them sending reminders. Soon as I’m caught up i’m looking for another provider who uses smart meters.

Reactions: 4
I've started with a headache, scratchy throat and runny nose today. Really hope it's not bloody covid!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The DWP. What an infuriating bunch of cunts. They've annoyed me and they can suck a hole.

Don't mean to offend if you work for them x
(actually I do mean to offend duck u)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Being told I’m rude as I didn’t correct someone who got the names of some tv characters mixed up when they were talking about them, this same person also had a go when I interrupted them mid conversation at a different time 🙄😬

I am literally a hot mess at the moment 😂🔥

Just sticky and gross.
I feel a bit nauseous too cause of the heat. Just want to be sick.

Today and yesterday were not as bad as the first two days that was like being in hell.

Still really hot though. Sweating 😓😅🔥

I do like to see people enjoying it 😎
This is probably the summer now for Ireland and the UK.

• Sad
This is the first day I actually want to be out in the sun for a bit, because I’ve been inside working and know I’ve got only an hours left of sun in the garden.

Just lathered up in sun cream and now the sun has gone behind a big cloud 🙃

I still want my house to cool down though please 🙏🏻

ETA - I thought this was the weather moaning thread 😂 still stands though I guess!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
People hacking our streaming devices! Our Hulu, Netflix and Spotify accounts get hacked every couple of months - it just happened to our Hulu account yet again :mad:

Then we need to change passwords constantly and forget what we changed them to!

• Sad
That fact that every time i try to sit down one of my kids needs something, or there's a fight, or 1 looked at another 1 'in the wrong way'

Hot and bothered kids are the worst 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People hacking our streaming devices! Our Hulu, Netflix and Spotify accounts get hacked every couple of months - it just happened to our Hulu account yet again :mad:
Is there a way you can find our their IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ? what sort of countries are they in? Im sorry this has happened to you. People who hack for bad reasons are the worst.

I know that sometimes these people sell your information to the next criminal so just curious if its the same people or not. Have Hulu said anything? I regularly check if any of my passwords have been compromised. Google has the option In chrome if your details are saved there 😕

Just got home from a lovely evening at the park. The parents at my
Kids school all decided to meet at the end of the school day, It was to celebrate the end of the year since my kids school didn’t do anything this year. Was lovely kids had a blast and we even got to drink a bit of alcohol.

Anyway I am home now and I’m just feeling so sad and depressed, little bit drunk I must admit. I just feel like im
Never quite there with anyone. I’m always on the outside of things. Even though we all went home at the same time I just feel really sorry and crappy like I wasn’t welcome. Was a lovely evening but of course instead o focusing on that I’m always focused on the perceived negatives. I’m literally never happy with anything. I just can’t go on like this.

Why can’t I go out any enjoy myself without all this extra baggage?? It’s ruining my life.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just got home from a lovely evening at the park. The parents at my
Kids school all decided to meet at the end of the school day, It was to celebrate the end of the year since my kids school didn’t do anything this year. Was lovely kids had a blast and we even got to drink a bit of alcohol.

Anyway I am home now and I’m just feeling so sad and depressed, little bit drunk I must admit. I just feel like im
Never quite there with anyone. I’m always on the outside of things. Even though we all went home at the same time I just feel really sorry and crappy like I wasn’t welcome. Was a lovely evening but of course instead o focusing on that I’m always focused on the perceived negatives. I’m literally never happy with anything. I just can’t go on like this.

Why can’t I go out any enjoy myself without all this extra baggage?? It’s ruining my life.
I can relate to always feeling on the outside of things

• Heart
  • Sad
I can relate to always feeling on the outside of things
I’m so relived it’s not just me. I don’t know how to change it. Im not naturally outgoing but at the same time I crave friendship or at least communication with other adults, despite being painfully shy, otherwise I end up feeling like this. Like I don’t belong, no one likes me etc. So stupid.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.