What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Selfishly I’m having a day for me , where I’m with my 3 favourite people ….me , myself and I … I don’t mind the tag alongers…but what I don’t want is ‘ can we go here first , can we stop there on the way , can we have…..’ duck OFF. I want to get there, so far we are making 3 extra stops before we bastarding get there . And the trip is already over an hour .. … do your tit THEN think about tagging along . I’ve told them I’m leaving at 10am , ready or not I’m off ….they know I will too I’ve done it before… can’t abide faffers that want to mow the lawn and do tit when I’ve got my shoes on

Oh and btw I’m off to where my avatar was taken … ye olde Brighton baby yeah!!!
I wish I was that forceful, a few years ago I was going to my aunt's 90th birthday party, it was an evening do. A few days before the function her husband's nicece calls and asks if we would give her a life, I recluctantly agree ( she is a former lady mayoress and is boring as hell). I tell her we are going straight there no stopping on the way, she agrees.

On the day we set off, thirty minutes in she wants a loo break. I am fuming, as I don't want her pissing in the car I stop.

She does her business then she wants a coffee and a snack. I don't have any choice so I put up with it, all the while she is boring us with her mayoress stories.
My wife and I didnt have anything as we are going to a function.

She stuffs her face and sticks me with the bill. I was going to pretend not to notice, but my wife says be nice as she is old.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My husband is a hoarder, not literally but. He kept the iPhone box and laptop box because quote “I might sell it one day”….

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Everything today. I've been in a crappy mood for quite a while now, it's not exactly a depressive episode, just miserable moody mardy nonsense hanging over me. I just feel like making a massive batch of some gin cocktail, blast Benny Goodman from open windows and say duck it to everything but can't catch a break from people, even with fairly bare minimum responsibilities. I'm annoyed with myself too because nobody around me finds emotional labour as taxing as I do.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I feel so nauseous and fatigued...need to walk to the GP surgery during my lunch to pick up a form and I am not looking forward to it with the heat. 🥵

They've already messed up the form 3 times so I might just lose it if they have done it wrong for 4th time.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My husband is a hoarder, not literally but. He kept the iPhone box and laptop box because quote “I might sell it one day”….
I won't like or encourage your post, because I am a hoarder too.

Problem is at my age, over 54, it has just struck me, what am going to do with it all. We have no kids so noone to use all my key chains etc. So have begrudgingly started to come to my senses and have started using the stuff.

Reactions: 2
I don't know what is going on today, but there is some strange activity going on.

I woke up from a really bad dream this morning. Then, I thought I'd go for a stroll in town to clear my mind as the weather is glorious. Within half an hour of me leaving the house, I got a suspicious call saying my PPS number has been compromised and I needed to press a button to initiate legal action. This is strangely happening one week after I registered for a COVID vaccine appointment on the HSE website. I had never received a scam call before. It therefore makes me think the cyberattack is still not resolved and personal information is still leaking.

Fine. I continue my stroll around town and make my way back home. As I got out of the elevator, I notice the safe that is normally glued onto the side of my door (to keep a spare key in case of contingency as I live alone) was lying on the floor on the complete opposite side of the door. I live in a gated apartment complex and it makes me wonder as to what happened. Perhaps the tack I used melted because of the heat and the safe fell on its own, but why would it fall on the opposite side of the door (literally 2 metres away)? It's quite heavy to begin with. I always remember the code I leave it on and it seems the code was not changed, but I wonder if someone tried to shake it to find a key (there was none), realized it was empty and threw it on the floor (not very smart to leave it as evidence on the floor if you're trying to break into someone's home). There are 4 apartments on the same floor, mainly professionals. This really put a dent in my day as I've never felt unsafe in this complex since I moved in 7 months ago. Now I'm wondering if someone secretly hates me or has been stalking me and if I should install a small camera on my door.

Finally, to top it all off, someone forced me to cover for them during their annual leave. All I'm getting from their stakeholders today is question after question on things this individual has done incorrectly and whatever answer I give (which is generally pretty accurate as I double check) receives the following response: "I don't understand why it was done this way. Can you explain?". No, I can't because I don't know and I certainly don't care. I've already explained and I have my own work to do.

I have no one to talk to or text, so I was already on the verge of tears at the shops thinking about this. Now, it's worse. This rarely happens, but today is the cherry on top.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My housemates constantly slam the door. Sometimes I just want to shout after them "I'm not sure if the door is definitely closed" but I can't be bothered with the passive aggression 😅 .

I won't like or encourage your post, because I am a hoarder too.

Problem is at my age, over 54, it has just struck me, what am going to do with it all. We have no kids so noone to use all my key chains etc. So have begrudgingly started to come to my senses and have started using the stuff.
I'm 63 and sorting out all my things simply because I have kids and don't want them to have to do it.

Think we should all just sort out our stuff. stuff can get pretty overwhelming

Still waiting for my purchase to complete after my offer was accepted in April. I've not hounded the estate agent at all. I sent her a very polite email this afternoon asking if she would mind contacting the sellers' solicitors for an update as my solicitor hasn't had a response (I know they genuinely haven't had a response - I work for the firm I am using!). She's come back to me with a bit of a snotty response telling me that "she wants it completed as much as I do" and I need to "hold tight and let the solicitor do their job" - it's been months. I work in conveyancing - I know how to do the job, thanks! I responded again with a "sorry to come across like a nag - not my intention. Just anxious to get in and it's been a while since we heard" and she's told me "no need to chase - I will contact you when I have info".

Why you being rude though hun? This is the first time I've chased in 3 months! Sooner we complete, sooner she gets her commission so I'd have thought the agent would be in just as much of a hurry as us!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Oh god, mine does that. They all go into the loft and then he stresses every time he goes in there because “there’s so much tit”. Yes hun, it’s full of cardboard boxes!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
the government wants to charge me tax for my business last year.
my business was closed last year. 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people at the till call you "young lady"? I'm 31, so I don't think the endearing "young lady" is appropriate. I'm rather petite and had my mask on, but I always get the "young lady", or worse, I once got "kiddo". I'm not offended when someone says "young lady" as I'm not old either, but it's a bit weird as I always think this term is better suited for children, teenagers and perhaps women in their early twenties. Not grown women in their 30s.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people at the till call you "young lady"? I'm 31, so I don't think the endearing "young lady" is appropriate. I'm rather petite and had my mask on, but I always get the "young lady", or worse, I once got "kiddo". I'm not offended when someone says "young lady" as I'm not old either, but it's a bit weird as I always think this term is better suited for children, teenagers and perhaps women in their early twenties. Not grown women in their 30s.
To be fair, I’m 32 and if anyone ever refers to be as a “lady” - for example, “let this lady come past”, I look behind to see if there’s a real lady stood behind me 😂

I’d be thrilled at young lady 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm 34 and have had that young lady thing when wearing a mask. I honestly don't mind. I'm not too precious about it because one day it's going to stop and then I'll wish it were still happening.

I think it's great, long may it continue 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.