What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE"takhana, post: 5646579, member: 248585"]
Why do kids need to screech at the top of their lungs when they're playing? All I can hear is the neighbours kids 6 houses down screeching at the top of their lungs for the last half hour. Not shouting, not laughing, honestly 'I'm being murdered' style screeching.
[/QUOTE]
Yes! THIS. It's just a normal thing now isn't it? I lived near a park and this is exactly what I thought.

Reactions: 5
Went to a beach near me this weekend, and although I did use sunscreen, I still got burnt. My own fault, I didn’t apply enough, but it is what it is now. The amount of people who are saying to me “you should’ve used sunscreen” is driving me up the wall. 1. I did, and 2. Thank you for that captain Einstein, so insightful after I’ve already gotten burnt 🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
Another one from me, the hot weather must make me irritable 🤣

Something really annoying me today is a friend who works half the hours I do for double the money, complaining that she is overworked and underpaid. She is inviting herself to my house for some “much needed rest” and a takeaway. A takeaway I do not want nor have the money to buy and she wants to arrive at a time when I will still be out at work.
I’ve told her no and now she’s in a huff saying I don’t understand her job. My partner used to work with her, doing the same job (but with more hours at a more senior level) and he agrees with me that she’s being a pain!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
The guy I’m shagging. It’s only casual and nothing more, but we seem to never be free at the same time any more. Haven’t seen him for weeks as he’s never free til I’m fast asleep and when I have a bit of time he’s still at work. Frustrating!

Reactions: 6
Uni results are due today. I've refreshed at least 8376583 times. Just release them ffs!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Impatiently waiting for test results

The fact that it's hot which means there's someone playing loud music.

Reactions: 1
This sunburn which is itchy and painful.

The fact that I have to choose between my performance review and my first COVID vaccine appointment. Both have been scheduled at the exact same time! I've been hesitant about getting the vaccine and suffer from side effects in this heat (in addition to the anxiety over the unknown long-term effects). I've been looking for a sign as to whether I should postpone and go ahead, then I received the performance review invite from my manager on the last day of the cycle. I guess I have my sign now lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Feeling super lumpy and frumpy lately, summer always makes me feel extra worse about myself.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Neighbours kids screeching their heads off in the garden and I can’t close the window cos it’s too hot. Trying to have a teams meeting but have to keep myself on mute cos it’s so bloody noisy!

Also not where I wanted to be weight-wise when things opened up. So trivial but I feel like I worked very hard during lockdown 1 to get into shape and then over the winter I just sort of gave up and thought “what’s the point”. Since March my weight has just crept up. So while I’m excited to get out and do stuff, I wish I had managed to keep that half a stone off so I could go out without worrying “will this show too much skin” 😂 my thighs rub so much in this heat which is not a problem I’ve ever really had!

• Heart
Picked up a nice floaty top to wear after spending the day in thick uniform (they changed our uniform policy and so we're no longer allowed to wear polos and shorts). Felt a bit wet, which was weird so stuck it right up my nose... Cat piss. Cat has pissed in the whole clean washing basket. THREE bleeping LOADS.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
The heat 🔥😓

I'm after seeing a snapchat of a girl I know all done up in makeup looking pretty.
It just baffles me how are some girls/women dolling themselves up and they don't look like the heat is affecting them at all. They just look cool and calm.

I'm a sticky mess. It does not matter how much I cool myself down or wash myself in 5 mins I'm a mess.

Cause I'm so sticky and feel so gross I'm paranoid that I smell. I keep checking but I smell fine. Just feel awful.

I ended up falling asleep on top of my bed.

Surely these girls I see all done up are suffering the same as us sweating to death and feel gross.
I couldn't cope with a full face of make up.

I can't do anything at the moment. Just lying down trying to breathe is enough.

Reactions: 2
The heat 🔥😓

I'm after seeing a snapchat of a girl I know all done up in makeup looking pretty.
It just baffles me how are the girls and women dolling themselves up and they don't look like the heat is affecting them at all. They just look cool and calm.

I'm a sticky mess. It just not matter how much I cool myself down or wash myself in 5 mins I'm a mess.

Cause I'm so sticky and feel so gross I'm paranoid that I smell. I keep checking but I smell fine. Just feel awful.

I ended up falling asleep on top of my bed.

Surely these girls I see all done up are suffering the same as us sweating to death and feel gross.
I couldn't cope with a full face of make up.

I can't do anything at the moment. Just lying down trying to breathe is enough.
Guess it's the same as when I'm surprised when people can go outside in just a tshirt in the winter 😂 or sit in a freezing air conditioning office and be fine. People have different perception of temperature, if I get cold it takes me hours to warm up, it's probably the same for people who struggle with heat- hard for them to cool down, while I feel slight breeze and I'm covered in goosebumps 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.