What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
periods! 🙄 i've been in pain for 5 days now and my period arrives this morning when i wanted to go for a swim in the evening 😩
I used to have terrible pain to the point where I couldn't get out of bed. I then cut dairy and fizzy drinks from my diet. Poof, no pain ever since. It's been years and I notice every single time I allow myself a food indiscretion which includes dairy, if consumed within 1 week before my period, I get really painful cramps. Most months, I don't consume dairy at all, but I always have that odd month (generally December), when I eat a bit of dairy and I can sense a sharp difference. I don't know if you consume a lot of dairy, but you should give it a try (at least one week before your period).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
It's so warm. I hate that it's going to get even warmer tomorrow and Sunday.

I know right? I never really know what to say in these situations because it's not the customer service rep's fault but now I'm a bit stuck 😅 . Never ordering a home delivery from Asda again.
Iceland was really bad during lockdown and their customer service was tit. We use morrisons but thats because 2 of my housemates work there so we get discount.

Reactions: 1
I keep having dizzy spells and headaches the last few days. Think it’s probably just the heat, but it’s really getting to me.

• Sad
I used to have terrible pain to the point where I couldn't get out of bed. I then cut dairy and fizzy drinks from my diet. Poof, no pain ever since. It's been years and I notice every single time I allow myself a food indiscretion which includes dairy, if consumed within 1 week before my period, I get really painful cramps. Most months, I don't consume dairy at all, but I always have that odd month during the year (generally December), when I eat a bit of dairy and I can sense a sharp difference. I don't know if you consume a lot of dairy, but you should give it a try (at least one week before your period).
I found eating lots of processed foods and a lack of exercise had an effect on how bad my period pains were. Before lockdown I was gymming 5-6 times a week and eating Greek yoghurt / spinach / chicken and whole grains and I didn't have any period pain at all. During lockdown when I wasn't exercising as regularly and was partial to the odd ready meal / takeaway my cramps were a lot worse.

• Heart
I keep having dizzy spells and headaches the last few days. Think it’s probably just the heat, but it’s really getting to me.
I've had the same! I normally get headaches a few times a year, but nothing concerning. However, for the last month or so, it's been headache after headache. The headache and dizziness generally start towards the end of the day and won't disappear until I go to bed. I wake up fine, then comes late afternoon, it starts again. Rinse and repeat. It's probably heat related as I personally go out at lunch time when it's the hottest (I know, not recommended).

Iceland was really bad during lockdown and their customer service was tit. We use morrisons but thats because 2 of my housemates work there so we get discount.
Did you have the same issue with deliveries? I just find it so unhelpful, especially in lockdown / isolation when you have no other choice but to rely on them for your food shop. Then the person on the other end of the phone is just "maybe it might come tomorrow". Like what am I going to do until then, eat dust? 😅

Did you have the same issue with deliveries? I just find it so unhelpful, especially in lockdown / isolation when you have no other choice but to rely on them for your food shop. Then the person on the other end of the phone is just "maybe it might come tomorrow". Like what am I going to do until then, eat dust? 😅
Yes iceland were like that. I was classed as vulnerable so couldn't go anywhere and it's alright saying someone else could do my shopping but it's not the same

• Sad
Yes iceland were like that. I was classed as vulnerable so couldn't go anywhere and it's alright saying someone else could do my shopping but it's not the same
And also what happens if you don't have anyone else to do your shopping for you?

This article in the DM, what a load of bullshit, mind you it's all about Gen Z.

I was stuck behind someone in a queue the other day. He got his phone out to pay for his shopping but had no juice left. He then took his rucksack off his back and started rifling through and took out a portable charger. It had not juice left He then began digging around the rucksack again and took his wallet out. He pulled a card from it and tapped the reader. It didn't work. He tapped it again. It didn't work so he slotted the card in the machine and tapped his pin number in which worked .
If he'd had a tenner on him we would have both been halfway home in that time it took with all that faffing about. So much for a cashless society and smart technology 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I could cry. I spent more money elsewhere on another online shop and now the ASDA tracking says the order was "delivered" even when it wasn't so it's going to be even more hassle getting a refund.

• Sad
I could cry. I spent more money elsewhere on another online shop and now the ASDA tracking says the order was "delivered" even when it wasn't so it's going to be even more hassle getting a refund.
Eurgh. I would hassle them tomorrow. Your call from today should be logged so they can look it up. I bombarded iceland on social media

Eurgh. I would hassle them tomorrow. Your call from today should be logged so they can look it up. I bombarded iceland on social media
I am bombarding them now on social media even though they're closed 😅.

It's just the sheer cheek of it! It was meant to be delivered between 6-8 and I call them at 8:45 and the lady says "yeah the driver tried to deliver but no one was in". I ask them to cancel because of all the hassle and now the tracking says delivered? What a waste of a 45 minute phone call that was.

I am bombarding them now on social media even though they're closed 😅.

It's just the sheer cheek of it! It was meant to be delivered between 6-8 and I call them at 8:45 and the lady says "yeah the driver tried to deliver but no one was in". I ask them to cancel because of all the hassle and now the tracking says delivered? What a waste of a 45 minute phone call that was.
And he didn't phone because? For reasons unknown to me, hardly anyone can find my flat. They call me to ask where in the street it is.

Insomnia. Onky been awake since 3am. :(

And he didn't phone because? For reasons unknown to me, hardly anyone can find my flat. They call me to ask where in the street it is.

Insomnia. Onky been awake since 3am. :(
Because he wanted to use the opportunity for a cigarette break 😅. I saw him there but didn't realise he was my delivery driver until after because tracking said mine was delayed.

I hope you manage to get some sleep soon.

Today I'm wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a white t shirt. The shorts are a decent length and wouldn't be considered sexy or anything.
My sister in law dropped off some stuff around half an ago and said 'god, you still wearing shorts at your age'
I turned 34 this year 😔

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Today I'm wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a white t shirt. The shorts are a decent length and wouldn't be considered sexy or anything.
My sister in law dropped off some stuff around half an ago and said 'god, you still wearing shorts at your age'
I turned 34 this year 😔
Clothes have no age limit

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.