What’s annoying you right now? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing new here if you've been reading my posts but not being able to fall asleep at a reasonable time for over 2 months is really getting to me now. I've tried so many different things to help and they're not working for me. My bedroom doesn't feel like a safe place anymore and I avoid it during the day by working downstairs but I can't avoid it at night. I just feel so restless and sad right now. 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Nothing new here if you've been reading my posts but not being able to fall asleep at a reasonable time for over 2 months is really getting to me now. I've tried so many different things to help and they're not working for me. My bedroom doesn't feel like a safe place anymore and I avoid it during the day by working downstairs but I can't avoid it at night. I just feel so restless and sad right now. 😥
Maybe try the sofa for a night?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Maybe try the sofa for a night?
My useless back (I have a spinal condition) would hate me for it for the rest of the week. Thank you for the suggestion lovely. ❤

I saw your deleted message and my response is I do too! 🙂

Reactions: 1
My useless back (I have a spinal condition) would hate me for it for the rest of the week. Thank you for the suggestion lovely. ❤

I saw your deleted message and my response is I do too! 🙂
Ooh not good. What about changing your room round a bit? Sometimes I find that helps

Ooh not good. What about changing your room round a bit? Sometimes I find that helps
Great idea, thank you, I could do this on Friday or Sunday when I'm not working and my room could do with a tidy. I've tried to hide gifts that my ex bought for me but my room just feels tainted (perhaps I'm just being dramatic) to me.

• Heart
Great idea, thank you, I could do this on Friday or Sunday when I'm not working and my room could do with a tidy. I've tried to hide gifts that my ex bought for me but my room just feels tainted (perhaps I'm just being dramatic) to me.
Hide them in a room that's not your bedroom or get rid depending what they are

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hide them in a room that's not your bedroom or get rid depending what they are
You are full of good ideas! I was thinking of buying a big box and putting everything in it because I'm not prepared to throw them away just yet and then hiding it in my parent's room! I can't really imagine myself using the gifts so perhaps I should donate them because a lot of them are pretty expensive and maybe someone else will get some enjoyment from them?

You are full of good ideas! I was thinking of buying a big box and putting everything in it because I'm not prepared to throw them away just yet and then hiding it in my parent's room! I can't really imagine myself using the gifts so perhaps I should donate them because a lot of them are pretty expensive and maybe someone else will get some enjoyment from them?
Yes donating is a good idea and it will make you feel better so win win

• Heart
Thi has been brewing on my mind all day but I booked a hair and makeup trial for my wedding which is in 6 weeks and the MIL invited herself along and also to get it done on the day which throws the timing but that’s not my main gripe. She cried (with joy!) when she saw herself...aren’t you meant to cry when you see THE BRIDE???

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I started an argument tonight. My fault. I've been out and had some beer but the thing I started the argument about has been brewing for a long time.

It's hard to summarise but neither of us are happy. We are together because we have a lot of children and can't possibly finance it separately.

We mostly do ok but he has these elements I don't like. It's so hard to explain. He twists things to make me seem unreasonable. We have separated before and he turns situations around on me.

He is diagnosed with Cyclothemia so there is a reason for his behaviour.

Day to day life is ok really. I'm just sick of the up and downs. If I were to give an example to help explain... he was in a bad place few years ago and smashed the house up with a baseball bat. During this I was on the phone to family members, so they heard it all. Other family members then came to help me clean up.
He now totally denies it happened. This was a while ago but recently he said he doesn't believe it happened?! But other people literally heard it/him.

He literally denied anything is his 'fault'.
I'm tired. I feel I give constantly. Always saying if something is my fault but this is daft.

I've been over it and over it. I'm not an unreasonable person. In fact I'm the opposite but maybe I am being unfair.
I can't live like this for much longer. I don't love him and I really don't think he loves me either.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
@Hope96, I've seen your posts and am worried about you. I hope you don't mind me making a couple of recommendations? These come from a feeling of truly wanting to help, but please feel free to ignore me if I'm annoying.

Have you tried drinking cherry juice with dinner? That can help with sleep - as can melatonin supplements, which you should be able to buy over the counter (without prescription). Otherwise, perhaps consider seeing a doctor and getting a limited-time prescription for sleeping pills ... the only hesitation I have in recommending this option is that most of them are incredibly addictive and hard to break free from (some will even leave you with a hangover-type feeling in the morning).

Also, based on what you've said about your ex's things being in your room, I think that might play a huge part in the way you're feeling. I think donating the gifts would be an excellent idea ... if you were to put them in a box within your house, you'd *probably* still think about them. I'm very hippy, woo-woo-ish, but I think you need to shift the energy in your room ... buy some white sage incense and wand it around the room as if you're conducting an orchestra. Wash your curtains / blinds (or replace them), shampoo your curtains and rugs (or replace them), give the walls a fresh coat of paint (if you're able to), change up your duvet cover / bedspread. Pinterest has great ideas for dreamy bedrooms. By doing these things, you will introduce new energy into the room which will help greatly, I'm sure.

Reactions: 4
How annoying it is that I'm my own worse enemy when it comes to sleep!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Can’t remember my internet banking password. Which is maybe a sign from the universe not to check my bank account for my own good.

seriously though, I log in nearly everyday but this morning it’s completely gone from my head - what is this?!

Reactions: 3
Everything’s annoying me today and what blew my fuse was dropping my phone into my soup and it splashing back at me.

I am fuming

• Sad
Reactions: 4
bleeping GP’s.

They sucked before a pandemic and now they are worse.

Hate their new online system, trying to get appointment for my mum, called approx 50 times (no lie) to be told all appts are booked up and to use the e-consult to get a call back , spent 15 minutes filling that in, detailing as much as possible and then get to end to be told I need to contact gp or 111.

Call GP AGAIN to explain and they said that yeh if you say the issue is extreme on the scale then they will automatically say contact 111so do it again and maybe choose different options.

I have explained my mum is very unwell and each time she keeps getting fobbed off because ‘its her age’ or normal.

The bloody system is flawed!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Just been to pick up a McDonald’s to takeaway and a set of grandparents walk in with their grandchildren. They’re probably in their late 50’s so not exactly old.

They use the app to sign into track and trace and the lady on the door realises that their app is saying they should be at home isolating.

They claimed they “didn’t know that’s what it meant”. Like really?! They were originally in the drive through but the queue was long.

They clearly thought they wouldn’t have to track and trace in a fast food restaurant. We all know people are being selfish but really? So blatantly? 🥴🤮

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.