Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I lent my dyson air wrap to a friend for a few days so she could try before committing to spending that much money. I’ve text her asking if I can come collect it today or tomorrow and she said “Well I’ve given it to my mum to try for a few days as she’s interested too”. Cheeky cow! Wont be lending her anything again

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
A friend of mine who is a size 14 top and bottom has been asked by her sister (bride to be) if she would consider 'losing a few pounds' for the wedding because the other bridesmaids are a size 10 (as is the bride) and the photos will look better if everyone is in synch weight wise 🤬

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

GamerLlama87

I went for food with a friend lastnight and she kept saying "generally" instead of "genuinely" and it's still annoying me the next morning 😤😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I told my other half I’ve been feeling really miserable recently, like I never feel truly happy. Instead of consoling me or trying to understand why, he said “well just cheer up then”. Great, thanks. Problem solved

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
When friends make vague plans. They think they’re being casual and carefree but it just makes me anxious. I like solid plans, I want to know what we’re doing and where we’re doing it. I don’t want to have to keep asking for more information - just provide me with the basic details up front!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LucilleP

I’ve just muted a group chat on WhatsApp. I have been feeling left out of our friendship group for a while and I’ve now had enough. A few of us have had babies this year and whilst the other girls each had a baby shower arranged by the group, I had nothing. Not even an excuse or apology. When I send a nice or funny photo of my babies into the group, I’m lucky if half of them even acknowledge or say anything about them but when the other girls send in their pics, they all comment and go on about how beautiful they are. I feel like I’m watering dead plants at times trying to make an effort.

• Sad
  • Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
My son has "friends" at school, He has been friends with them since Year R, they are now year 4. They all play nicely with him individually, However when they are all together playing, at school, or at the park, they all pick on him. Because he's the slowest runner of the lot they will say he's got rabies and run away from him, which they all find hilarious, he trys to catch up, then becomes upset and angry, because he can't catch them, then he comes and tells us, they then call him a snitch, saying you don't snitch on your best friends etc etc. Last week my son had his drink, he put it on the floor, one of them stamped on it, then another threw it over the fence. The other mums did that oh that's not nice thing, say sorry etc, followed by a pathetic sorry from the kid and then them still not playing with him. It happens every single time. I've told him to try and make new friends, but he thinks they are his friends. It's so difficult. I'm "mum friends" with all their mums, we sometimes meet up and go out for dinner and drinks but i would never meet up with any of them individually. He has been invited out this eve with 3 of them for a birthday, so I've text the mum group and said please can you have a chat with your kids and tell them to be kind to him etc. Im going to be there anyway, but it would be nice to not have to constantly watch them to make sure they are being nice to him. They've seen it and not replied. I don't think I've said anything out of place, as it happens all the time and they are aware they are horrible to him and do try and make their kids play. I'm such an introvert though and even sending the text has got my heart racing 🙄 ahhhhh I wish I had said we can't come. I wish they were kind to him
The mums were amazing, the kids all played nicely. Happy mum, happy child 🤩

• Heart

jarv

VIP Member
My MH. I'm just having a bad day with it, feel so upset and low but couldn't tell you why. Everything has been hard today. Depression is just such a difficult thing to navigate. At least with anxiety I could sort of understand why I felt anxious. Depression doesn't make any sense at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
My husband. He is negative all the time. I literally don't know when we last had fun as a family. We do stuff, days out, holidays etc but he's just always grumpy.
As a family we've alway adapted to his mental health needs (there is several years of info I can't condense to a brief sentence) but I'm really tired of it.
I grew up with a mum who had serious mental health problems and whilst I consider myself really fortunate in many ways it was still hard and did affect me.
I feel like I've lost all of my 'fun' and spontaneity because I'm always dealing with his moods. I'm not enjoying my life. Does anyone though? Am I expecting too much?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Had to get a new washing machine a couple of months ago and today I noticed it is leaking water when in use so that’s fucking fantastic.

I fucking hate being an adult. 90% of it is one shit show after another and the other 10% is that small amount of time where you get to actually enjoy life. How is that even worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Dirtyhorseshoes

VIP Member
I don't know if its me that's the problem but people breathing down my neck in a queue. I think I've probably become too used to the two metre gap thingy. I'm just not ready to say goodbye to social distancing 😩

• Heart
  • Sick

Hopping12

A few things:

- Not today but last night but still annoying me now. Daughter had a tantrum because she wanted an ice cream from the ice cream man, I said no because she had one yesterday, proper kicked off created stormed off upstairs. Had the front door open as we had the hose running through the house for the jet wash in the back garden. I was in the kitchen washing up. Next thing neighbour calling my daughter over the gate with the biggest ice cream you’ve ever seen in their hand and gave it to her :mad: sound ungrateful, she has asd and we’re really trying to install some sort of boundaries but shit like that isn’t helping.

- broke down crying to my friend as life is hard with my little girl, caring for her 24/7 she’s nearly 6 , autistic and has Sensory issues with various things... clothes/shoes and hair washes are the biggest. Everyday takes all the morning just for her to let me get her ready. I know she can’t help this but it’s still hard. My friend turned round and said “it’s just a label and she’s being a madam” basically made me feel as if my daughters autism and sensory issues are due to my parenting.

and then lastly nervous about today despite having a a fit for work meeting with my boss in October agreeing for me to drop a Wednesday because I have something wrong with my back. They sprung on me last Friday (day before I went on holiday) that another fit for work meeting is on Monday (today) as they want me back on Wednesdays. I was born with my back problem it’s not going away and In front of my union rep at the last meeting they made the change seem permanent. However ive now learnt it’s not.
My health has changed dramatically since October, physically my back is the same but my mental health has taken a slide and I’m on medication for depression and also anxiety meds, the pressure of working, being mum, running a house and having a child that needs around the clock care is catching up with me. My Wednesday off at the moment is more of a necessity than a want.

• Sad
  • Heart

MrsFishandChips

Someone broke into my car last night and stole some really important and sentimental stuff. Yes, I know, should of had it in the car but can I just say hindsight is a beautiful thing and you never think it’ll be you. I’ve spent my morning crying, worst part is I woke up at half 6 this morning and I bet it was when it was happening. My ring doorbell didn’t pick it up but the police have been informed and apparently a few have happened locally last night. I hate people!

• Sad

MrsWolf

VIP Member
Also everywhere you go or everything you read is people and babies! It’s like something you want is constantly being shoved in your face.
I second this!

Just had a conversation with a “friend” who knows my struggles TTC and she has turned round after moaning about her baby constantly and said.. “don’t bother having a baby it’s such hard work just enjoy your free life”
Ok mate. 👍🏼

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

tattle420

VIP Member
My friend (and Maid of Honor) being more obsessed with my wedding in December than my fiance and I combined. She's genuinely having her own countdown and acting like it's her wedding that's taking place. Fully regret making her the MOH bc it's made her head so big.

She thinks she's single handedly planning the wedding when she's done fuck all because I refuse to involve her in it. Genuinely see myself screaming at her and telling her to fuck off in a matter of time :rolleyes: Don't even wanna be friends with her anymore, that's how much her presence pisses me off

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17