What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Steve Wright on Radio2, talking/singing over the end of a song.
I mean, he couldn't even leave The Undertones alone.
Absolute dick of a man 😠
And the ridiculous Jeremy Vine wailing karaoke interludes- I cringe so hard! Love R2 whilst working from home but some bits piss me off!

Reactions: 4
That tomorrow marks a full year since my last in person uni class. Looking at it, that's really a whole year wasted, no social life and substandard teaching that nobody (professors or students) are motivated to partake in.

Can't lie that I really want another crack of the whip at this year.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Totally empathise with this!! Was like they had a running track installed instead of any furniture! Was about to give our notice then they moved out- was so happy ,my husband offered to give them a hand to speed it up!!
Sometimes I feel like a curmudgeon moaning but if you've experienced it you know how it is. Glad yours have moved out! I'm in an adults only block so the kids only visit, but a few hours per week of their running and shrieking is enough to have me pulling my hair out. 😂

Reactions: 1
Sometimes I feel like a curmudgeon moaning but if you've experienced it you know how it is. Glad yours have moved out! I'm in an adults only block so the kids only visit, but a few hours per week of their running and shrieking is enough to have me pulling my hair out. 😂
Ours was every bloody day from 7am until 8pm; thankfully they moved out a month before lockdown 1 and us starting working from home- I would have had a nervous breakdown if they were still there during that!! Husband is so calm and polite and had a gentle word about it to the dad and it spectacularly backfired as it got worse ! Anyway, some other poor souls are suffering now but I don't give a tit as I did my time of utter misery!!

Reactions: 2
I've just had a scam phone call. This one was HMRC and told me I was involved in a tax fraud. If I did not press 1 a warrant would issued for my arrest straight away.

Now, I laughed at it and put it in the blocked numbers but I can imagine some people being very scared at hearing that and going into a panic. :mad::mad::mad:
My elderly widowed aunt had one of these a couple years ago, just after being discharged from hospital following major surgery. It terrified her and took hours to convince her it was a scam. Hers was an actual caller and they said they were going to send someone round to collect the money she allegedly owed and if she didn't pay up she would be arrested. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 4
My elderly widowed aunt had one of these a couple years ago, just after being discharged from hospital following major surgery. It terrified her and took hours to convince her it was a scam. Hers was an actual caller and they said they were going to send someone round to collect the money she allegedly owed and if she didn't pay up she would be arrested. 😡
We had a bloke come into our reception as he thought he needed a solicitor, he had had one of those calls and had told them everything and thought the police were coming for him 🙈 plus my work colleagues mother had one
Thing was even though we explained to this bloke who was at most in his late 50’s he was still unsure it was a scam I think it should be on the local news more
Just bleeping enrages me
we constantly get the Amazon one, I’ve had the fake HMRC one twice recently and I also had that email demanding money or they would email all my contacts with details of the ‘sex sites’ I had been visiting ( just emailed back saying bleeping go for it) they wanted £3,500.00 what did worry me about that though was they quoted an old log in password I had used in the past so people be careful who you give your email to I have a separate gmail for all purchases now and I never give my email out randomly

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The cat has done something again to make my chair (?) smell like pee. I don't think it's spray nor do I think it's him peeing on it since the smell isn't strong

Agh~ he's really walking around smelling the chair trying to figure out why it smells

YOU MADE IT SMELL.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Our upstairs neighbour. Their front door is by our bathroom window. She goes out for a fag probably twice an hour, stands right next to our window, fair enough, smoke, do what you gotta do girl, but she coughs none stop. Pure coughing her guts up, like borking while she does it 🤢 can literally hear her cough all day. It's so grim. Can't wee without borking/coughing noises. Can't shower without it. Feel like posting a pack of Soothers through the door

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Our upstairs neighbour. Their front door is by our bathroom window. She goes out for a fag probably twice an hour, stands right next to our window, fair enough, smoke, do what you gotta do girl, but she coughs none stop. Pure coughing her guts up, like borking while she does it 🤢 can literally hear her cough all day. It's so grim. Can't wee without borking/coughing noises. Can't shower without it. Feel like posting a pack of Soothers through the door
Sounds like her lungs are fucked . How that’s not incentive to give up I don’t know what is

Reactions: 5
my upstairs nieghbours dropping rubbish and fag ends onto my balcony... how difficult is it to have an ashtray on the table on your balcony?!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Receiving a load of grief because one of my stepchildren chose to make me a card for Mother’s Day 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm annoyed at myself because my boyfriend has told me to relax and do nothing all day but I've still spent the day cleaning up, cos I know for a fact he won't do any of that and I'll just have tit loads more to do tomorrow 😂🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Waking up to my period even though it was not due until Wednesday. So now I have a sore head from my wine indulgence and a sore belly. Send prayers x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Took a Valium last night . Trying not to take them unless I really need to as I’m suffering with really bad sleeplessness. 1.5 hours later , nothing.... l went to sleep anyway and slept like a baby until 5.30am... now I’m still High and it’s been over 12 hours later since taking it . Ifeeel like I could sleep all day today . They shouldn’t last THIS long ... I’m floating alll over the gaff .. I need to do my assignments, I’ve only got a week left and I’m not even half way through

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My boss keeps going on about how he doesn't know whether to have the jab or not and then proceeding to roll his eyes at me when I tell him that I will be having it. He keeps pressuring me for "why" I will be having it and whether my family feel the same as me? Why is that any of your business!

• Angry
Reactions: 3
The drain system for our house has collapsed and our next door neighbour has sewerage in her cellar. Happy Monday! 🙃

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I have strict uni deadlines to meet for my assignments which are non-negotiable unless there is extreme circumstances. I meet my deadlines even if it means no sleep, working through my lunch breaks etc. If I were to miss the assignment deadline and not contact my tutor with good reason for an extension I'd be told "sorry, you've missed the deadline, 0 marks".

A tutor has 15 working days to mark my assignment (a rule set by the uni). Not once this year has she returned my assignment in that time. Why are tutors allowed to miss a deadline with no explanation? I understand on occasion things crop up, but I've had 4 assignments this year and all of them have been returned to me later than the 15 working days deadline. I wouldn't mind so much if they emailed to say "struggling to get these marked, will be with you ASAP". But nothing! I feel like I can't move on to my next assignment properly until I've read feedback from my last so it's holding me up! So frustrating.
Update - still waiting! I emailed her for a rough estimate of when she might be able to return. I was really polite and said I don't want to be adding any pressure but would just like to be able to utilise my feedback in good time. My next assignment is quickly approaching so I do need my result. She replied "working on it". That's it. Not helpful at all!

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.