What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve developed extreme tiredness, thirst and nausea whenever I eat in the past few months and doctors won’t properly investigate. They keep saying it’s diabetes, which if they’d bother to check my record, they’d see I’ve already got it. Then they say my glucose levels are too high, which again, if I could have a face to face appointment, I could prove they aren’t because I am very well controlled but they just accuse me of lying. Finally, it could be pregnancy. Well I’d have given birth by now that’s how long it’s been since I last had sex.
I’ve resorted to googling my symptoms and found that it could be coeliac disease but no doctor will investigate and I keep getting lectured at for using google. I’m sorry but if you took me seriously, I wouldn’t have to google!!!
Im in a battle with my Drs at the moment too,
Everything seems such a bother at the moment and they blame Everything on covid when in actual fact its incompetence on their part.
I suggest you put a complaint in via the practice manager and then think about changing surgeries.
Im sorry you are experiencing this right now.

Reactions: 12
Uni is killing me off with the pressure and deadlines. I think sometimes tutors forget how difficult it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I have insomnia, had it all my life. Obviously it made school fun, going to school with no sleep.

Anyway, nowadays I don't think I am noisy, but the night silence amplifies noise, and the person making the noise doesn't often realise how noisy they are.
Nah it’s shouting, loud laughing, really loud TV and music - they probably don’t realise how thin the walls are but it’s not just normal “moving around the house” noise. That I can deal with, and I’m sure my neighbour hears me go to the loo at 4am, but I wouldn’t shout across the house or start blasting music at that time o_O

Reactions: 5
Nah it’s shouting, loud laughing, really loud TV and music - they probably don’t realise how thin the walls are but it’s not just normal “moving around the house” noise. That I can deal with, and I’m sure my neighbour hears me go to the loo at 4am, but I wouldn’t shout across the house or start blasting music at that time o_O
So, unfortunately you have inconsiderate knobheads for neighbours.

• Haha
I’m a terrible person. It really annoys me when my wife FaceTimes her parents with her EarPods in first thing in the morning at the kitchen table when all I want is a bit of peace and quiet with my coffee

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Trying to get a PAC code from 3 . .
Its like pulling teeth and it shouldn't be.
Im no longer in contract with them, Im sim only.
Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with them over 4 different calls, passed from pillar to post and I've got nowhere.
They have now added extra security to my account and made it impossible to get anywhere!!
I feel sooooo angry and have to face it all over again today.
🤬
Have you tried this? "text 'PAC' and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075" (apologies if you already have)

Reactions: 2
That bloody stupid ad where the new mother is struggling with breast feeding so she messages her mother who tells her to try the rugby ball approach

Everything about that ad enrages me
The baby being about six months old but we are supposed to think it’s almost new born
The baby’s got a hat on
the fact granny says “ get the baby” 🤔 er isn’t it your grandchild
The demonstration with the pillow 😬

Did I mention I was a pedantic moaning bastard 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It's 2:59 AM where I am and I cannot get back to sleep. I have a big work project on this weekend that I suspect is playing on my mind. If I don't get some sleep soon I won't be at my best to do it.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I've just had a scam phone call. This one was HMRC and told me I was involved in a tax fraud. If I did not press 1 a warrant would issued for my arrest straight away.

Now, I laughed at it and put it in the blocked numbers but I can imagine some people being very scared at hearing that and going into a panic. :mad::mad::mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I've just had a scam phone call. This one was HMRC and told me I was involved in a tax fraud. If I did not press 1 a warrant would issued for my arrest straight away.

Now, I laughed at it and put it in the blocked numbers but I can imagine some people being very scared at hearing that and going into a panic. :mad::mad::mad:
i had the same a few months ago. I also had a VERY realistic email from British Gas advising me I was in debt to them, for a smallish amount, and that my gas etc would be shut off in 24 hours if i didn't pay. I checked my online account, which thank god I had activiated, and there was nothing there. It is terrifying how many of these scams are getting more and more sophisticated

• Angry
i had the same a few months ago. I also had a VERY realistic email from British Gas advising me I was in debt to them, for a smallish amount, and that my gas etc would be shut off in 24 hours if i didn't pay. I checked my online account, which thank god I had activiated, and there was nothing there. It is terrifying how many of these scams are getting more and more sophisticated
It just upsets me because I just think of some of the old folks out there especially who would just freak out.

Reactions: 8
I have strict uni deadlines to meet for my assignments which are non-negotiable unless there is extreme circumstances. I meet my deadlines even if it means no sleep, working through my lunch breaks etc. If I were to miss the assignment deadline and not contact my tutor with good reason for an extension I'd be told "sorry, you've missed the deadline, 0 marks".

A tutor has 15 working days to mark my assignment (a rule set by the uni). Not once this year has she returned my assignment in that time. Why are tutors allowed to miss a deadline with no explanation? I understand on occasion things crop up, but I've had 4 assignments this year and all of them have been returned to me later than the 15 working days deadline. I wouldn't mind so much if they emailed to say "struggling to get these marked, will be with you ASAP". But nothing! I feel like I can't move on to my next assignment properly until I've read feedback from my last so it's holding me up! So frustrating.

• Angry
It just upsets me because I just think of some of the old folks out there especially who would just freak out.
yeah exactly, I would consider myself pretty savvy with this and was almost scammed, I dread to think of people less used to technology etc

Reactions: 2
yeah exactly, I would consider myself pretty savvy with this and was almost scammed, I dread to think of people less used to technology etc
My parents have had so many over the last year or so. They were part of that Talk Talk breach a little while ago and they get loads. Mostly that there is a problem with the internet and it's going to get cut off or the one they've been hammered recently with is about Amazon prime membership. Fortunately my parents don't have a computer or internet so it's a bit wasted on them. Not even a smart phone.

I'd never heard my mother swear until I heard her deal with scammer one day 🙃

Reactions: 3
I feel like my boss is grooming my colleague for promotion and it’s really pissing me off because it’s a tiny team. He’s made it clear he doesn’t want me in that role but I think promoting my colleague would just be ridiculous (shocking time management, not managed people before and can’t complete everyday tasks). I’ve been in this position before with a boss who preferred someone to have banter with than get the work done and just hope this one will make an effort to get an external candidate instead of picking the low hanging fruit. I don’t even want the job, I just don’t want to be reporting to someone so unqualified.

• Sad
  • Angry
Steve Wright on Radio2, talking/singing over the end of a song.
I mean, he couldn't even leave The Undertones alone.
Absolute dick of a man 😠

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Have you tried this? "text 'PAC' and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075" (apologies if you already have)
I did try it, but thanks for your reply. .
Apparently 3 are renowned for being arseholes when it comes to pac codes . . My OH can just look on his phone and retrieve his, no questions asked.
Im sorted now but it took numerous calls and live chats to get what I needed. 🙄

Reactions: 1
A small child running around the flat upstairs. He must weigh about 3st so I've no idea how he makes the noise of a bleeping baby elephant.

I had my telly volume on 75 the other day trying to watch a film and I could still hear the banging. Pricks 😤
Totally empathise with this!! Was like they had a running track installed instead of any furniture! Was about to give our notice then they moved out- was so happy ,my husband offered to give them a hand to speed it up!!

My manager/work

My whole work place found out this morning we’re all at risk of redundancy (apart from the manager) and that we’re due to have 1-2-1 meetings with them to see what new role we fit into and if we don’t “fit” we’ll be made redundant.

So not great news and they’ve literally been so rude and not understanding all day. They turned round and said in a group email they don’t see why everyone is getting emotional and angry..

Erm????

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.