What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I live in a weird flat which is a big massive like house but the whole ground floor is ours and the whole top floor is another families. We have our own garden and they have their own garden. So I just strolled into the kitchen, in my pjs, hair wet and there's some bloody window cleaner right outside my back door. He just smiled at me! I could have been walking round starkers!! Surely you could have knocked and said 'hiya I'm just going into your back garden' ugh!!

Reactions: 8
Work. It’s always work. I think they forget people have lives outside of it. Well, some of us do. 🙄

I just feel so fed up right now and can’t shake it. Things are opening up again, it’s sunny out most days, but I haven’t been able to make plans to do fun things with my family because I don’t know when my next weekend off is going to be and everything is selling out fast. Work have changed the way they do the off duty and instead of getting 4 weeks rota at a time, it’s now only 2 weeks. I also need to shift the extra weight I’ve gained over the last year or two but have no motivation whatsoever. 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I moved into a new house weeks ago and the previous owners moved round the corner.

They still haven’t redirected their mail or changed their addresses!! Even the postie has told them off! We’ve had Amazon deliveries for them and all sorts.

We’ve been extra kind and always delivered stuff to them when we’ve gone out for a walk or been passing, but I’m so bloody annoyed I’ve given up now.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I moved into a new house weeks ago and the previous owners moved round the corner.

They still haven’t redirected their mail or changed their addresses!! Even the postie has told them off! We’ve had Amazon deliveries for them and all sorts.

We’ve been extra kind and always delivered stuff to them when we’ve gone out for a walk or been passing, but I’m so bloody annoyed I’ve given up now.
Post it back to sender saying not at this address

Reactions: 13

We still get mail for people for who lived here several years ago. And it seems my previous neighbour hasn't changed his address on barely anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Change of management at work and there has been no formal handover so I'm being contacted almost hourly to answer questions relating to her job.
She is lovely, which makes it even more frustrating as I cannot be direct without me sounding like a knob but I'm so busy and she's very demanding of my time.

Reactions: 3

Same thing happened to us! They even turned up asking for something once. It took 9 months until it stopped. I did drop off a few bundles of letters to their house but I got fed up of it. I have to go past their house to post them back to sender but it seemed to work! Cheeky sods!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My downstairs neighbours have just come home after 3 weeks away (they are students) and have invited some of their mates round so all I can hear is screeching and loud chatting 🥲 not even arsed about them breaking social distancing rules, they're just inconsiderate arse holes when it comes to noise because they don't have to get up at 7am every day for work. Also she sounds just like Molly mae and the voice just goes through me 😖

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I can’t find a place to put this and don’t feel like making a thread... pointless moaning about an internet issue incoming 🥴🥲

Ever since my teens I’ve been writing fanfiction online and submitting the work to the Archive Of Our Own website. Depending on the type of fic I am vaguely popular and have come across various people, made some friends, etc. I don’t write very interesting stuff - some sexual stuff yes, but mostly fluffy family oriented ‘cosy Christmas Day’ sort of things.
But over the past year I’ve had a sort of ‘run in’ with someone else in a particular fandom. We have a mutual friend, but this particular person didn’t like me because of the fics I wrote; they insinuated I was a p*d0phile because I was writing about families and children and would either delete any comments I made on their stories or ask me to delete my comments because they ‘didn’t want to be associated with me’. 🥴 I was like well okay then. Bearing in mind they talked to and ‘liked’ all my fics despite thinking I was n0nce inclined, and then went through and commented on all my sexual fics telling me how they didn’t like to read these types of stories and ‘could I not write something different’? Er, no.

...So imagine my surprise when they then commented on one of my more smuttier works demanding I write a particular fic, with ABC plot and XYZ characters. No word of a lie our conversation went like this:
Me, in the end note of my fic: I really want to write about XXX character
Them, commenting: oooh you could try writing about X doing XYZ!
Me, replying: haha, idk really... I don’t think I could do it justice? It’s a good idea though - thanks for reading

They continued to read and compliment my works but no word of a lie would jump into EVERY single conversation I had with members on the website asking why I hadn’t written their fic yet, slyly slagging me off to other members of the site in my comment section ‘I hate it when you ask someone for a fic and they don’t write it’.... and even asking our mutual friend to ask me ’...when was I ACTUALLY going to write it’ - this was even with me saying ‘I haven’t written it’ or ‘I don’t feel like writing it sorry’, this went on for a good four months (there is no way to prevent or block members on the site). Even when I said I was taking a hiatus from writing due to mental illness they continued to ask - eventually I realised I was being too vague/nice i snapped and said (politely!) ‘look, I’m not writing it, i never committed to it, if you’re expecting this fic from me you’re going to be disappointed’.

I felt bad, but they said it was okay and we went on our merry way, they continued to ’like’ all my fics and even comment on a few so I assumed they were okay with it/me. Since we have a mutual friend and the site doesn’t have the capacity to block others it was really hard not to speak to her IYSWIM because she would just jump into a conversation or we would find or come across one another, I just fell into the habit of ignoring them.
So, again, imagine my surprise when a few days ago I find that she’s written a fic about family/childhood that is similar (not verbatim, but very similar plotline) to a work of my own, especially considering she accused me of being a n0nce... for writing essentially the same fic?
Feeling bad for ignoring her I commented on the fic saying it was good - and honestly, it was, and I enjoyed it. The comment disappeared. I tried again. That one disappeared, too. I commented, separately, on another work of hers and that disappeared so it became obvious that she was deleting my comments, when I refreshed the page she had disabled comments on EVERY one of her stories I had commented on.

🤷🏻‍♀️ Now I was told by our mutual friend (and by the girl herself) that she is autistic so I tried to take things with a pinch of salt hence the trying to be nice, polite even if I’m rejecting her, commenting on her stories etc, but it’s really bugging me that she’s been acting nice to me, commenting and liking my stuff, and then when I do the same in return I get tit on! I really, really want to know what it is that I’ve done to her - is it my supposed n0ncing, is it my lack of fic? Is it my rejection of her idea - but if so, why continue to engage w/ me? the possibilities are endless 😆 — but ah, I don’t think I can ask, can I? I’m going to have to keep my mouth shut forever and ignore her aren’t I? Ahhhh. THIS is what’s annoying me, the not knowing. or the realisation that if I want her To stop fully, im going to have to remove the ability for anyone to comment on my fics, and I don’t want to lose that. 🥲

(Yes I do realise the futility of all this but it’s a pandemic and I’m unemployed and my uni assignments are nearly done 😆)

• Heart
My ‘partner’. I feel like I’ve completely lost myself and I hate who I have become due to our toxic relationship. So hard to walk away as we have a 1 year old son and I’m scared financially

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Unrealistic self care advice/quotes like...'If all you did today was breathe, that is enough'. Erm, I don't think my boss would agree!

• Haha
My ‘partner’. I feel like I’ve completely lost myself and I hate who I have become due to our toxic relationship. So hard to walk away as we have a 1 year old son and I’m scared financially
I know this isn't the advice section but do some planning, if you can syphon off some cash to a safe place then do so and then get out. Don't waste another day with someone toxic, You and your child will be fine If you can live your life with someone toxic you can 100% make it on your own because the fact is you are already on your own. Your thoughts on what to do will be much clearer once you are out and the weight lifted from your shoulders

I know this isn't the advice section but do some planning, if you can syphon off some cash to a safe place then do so and then get out. Don't waste another day with someone toxic, You and your child will be fine If you can live your life with someone toxic you can 100% make it on your own because the fact is you are already on your own. Your thoughts on what to do will be much clearer once you are out and the weight lifted from your shoulders
Be very careful when you do this. If he finds your stash of cash, he is going to be pissed.

He might even think you've stolen from him.

I know there were comments a while back about having a secret stash of cash, and how your grandmothers did it, but times were different then, today most women have well paying jobs, and it's not really necessary to hide your partner's money.

• Angry
Be very careful when you do this. If he finds your stash of cash, he is going to be pissed.

I know there were comments a while back about having a secret stash of cash, and how your grandmothers did it, but times were different then, today most women have well paying jobs, and it's not really necessary to hide your partner's money.
Hmmm. No one said to take HIS money.
I'm at this moment hiding a stash for my friend who is leaving her partner, it's her money and instead of buying things she is stashing it at my house.

We’re going away for a little staycation in a few weeks but I’m so looking forward to it that I want to start packing a few bits but it’s way too early!! It’s been so long since we’ve gone anywhere apart from home/supermarket!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Hide it in PayPal? ( I do that when I'm saving up for a treat)

My housemate hotboxing the house with the smell of cooking meat, she never opens the kitchen door or uses an extractor fan. It floats up to my bedroom! I don’t understand why she hates fresh air so much, she also never opens her bedroom window (you can see it from the kitchen and she never does)

Reactions: 1
My bleeping weight and the fact im dieting/using a food diary, exercising etc and im actually putting on weight!

Im also 'chronically constipated# and ive been period bleeding for 5 weeks now. So im waiting to have an ultrasound scan and my doctor is also doing blood tests to check my thyroid. The worst thing is the sachet of luxido i have to drink :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.