What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lockdown weight gain - finally get to go out for a meal and I’ve got nothing to wear! I’ve also put some clothes in storage so a very limited selection 😡

Oh, and the post no longer being delivered in the morning. Now get the weekly post at 16:30 and 14:00 on a Saturday.
OMG YES our post person racks up at 5.00 pm now 😳

and don’t mention lockdown weight I think I have 3 chins now 😭

Reactions: 4
Do you mean you’ve plugged your tv into the router? That’s what we had to do, the wifi wasn’t strong enough for the TV.
Not at all, the Smart TV works just fine using the catchup apps, it's just the TV stick that was having problems, just a short
HDMI extension cable so the stick was in a better position to pick up the Wifi. My TV doesn't and can't have NowTV or Disney
which is why I need an addition TV stick.

Reactions: 5
My father in law. Got a text last night saying they'd have the kids today ( after I'd bought enough meat for us all, rather than a smaller packet) .
They come to get them and he keeps whispering to mil so he is likely talking about us/me in a negative way. I find him so rude. Even if I didn't hate his guts that is a rude thing to do .

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Neighbours a few doors down have returned from Italy and not quarantining! And they’ve got visitors!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The remote control for my NowTv stick, batteries replaced after 2 bleeping MONTHS!!! You even get a warning on the TV screen that the batteries are low!! Thankfully I keep a stock of AAA batteries.

Brake light on my Honda, I've decided I'm using the Honda for work next week, so today I start her up, okay, let her run, okay, why is the brake light on???? AH, perhaps the rear brake switch isn't working properly..... No, that's not it, front brake switch? nothing wrong here. AH, how about changing the stop and tail light? BINGO!!! yahtzee! Turns out the filaments in the bulb had fused together which explains why the brake light was on. This has never happened before in the 38 years of being a motorcyclist!! It has happened to a headlight bulb once but never a rear bulb.

When changing over bikes I always start them up, let them run, check the lights, indicators and tyre pressures.

Reactions: 2
In a Facebook group and I’ve posted about problems with my period and the first comment is ‘just to let you know, not everyone who has a period is a woman’.
Ok, fine but do you have any actual help or are you just here trying to look better than everyone?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The fact I woke up 4 minutes before my alarm! I really could have done with getting those last few minutes in 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In a Facebook group and I’ve posted about problems with my period and the first comment is ‘just to let you know, not everyone who has a period is a woman’.
Ok, fine but do you have any actual help or are you just here trying to look better than everyone?
I’d reply with a smart arse reply like “actually, biologically speaking they are, so pipe down hun”. But that’s just me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
People chain talking at others. How can you be so unaware that you haven’t stopped talking for 25 minutes 😠

Reactions: 3
I'm having annoying intrusive thoughts and I can't seem to distract myself from them tonight, I can only assume it's because I am stressed about a few work things and stress always makes it worse, but I just really wish I could stop thinking sometimes 😖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm having annoying intrusive thoughts and I can't seem to distract myself from them tonight, I can only assume it's because I am stressed about a few work things and stress always makes it worse, but I just really wish I could stop thinking sometimes 😖
Is there anything you can do to distract from it? I tend to drown things out with music. Would that work for you?

Reactions: 3
The fact I woke up 4 minutes before my alarm! I really could have done with getting those last few minutes in 🤣
That happens to me too, in my case it's 10 minutes, when the alarm goes off it scares the crap out of me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.