Whatmummymakes #2 do you like it? Do you? Do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just had a cardiac watching her stories from yesterday. I don’t care what average Jo feeds her children day to day, but a children’s food blogger who so famously and creatively incorporates vegetables into her recipes, feeding her daughter chocolate for BREAKFAST?! Why make it seem normal to offer coco pops in half a shell of chocolate egg 😳 and then go on to talk about sugar rushes, plying her daughter with more chocolate throughout the day and only being able to get Nina to bed at 9.20pm?! I’m not saying she has to be a perfect parent but that’s just promoting really irresponsible behaviour. I’m generally shocked at the amount of toddlers I’ve seen with hoards of chocolate in their possession, but I didn’t expect it from Rebecca. It’s almost like as a baby, you should give them all the organic fruit and veg, and once they reach 2 or 3 you should stop caring and give them as much sugar as they want. Really sad.
Chocolate for breakfast at Easter is pretty normal to be fair....I don’t know any kids that aren’t allowed chocolate for breakfast at Easter or Christmas.

One day isn’t going to hurt....now I’d be more worried about the other tit she feeds Nina and promotes every day!

Reactions: 15
I'm really relaxed over Easter, we don't limit chocolate intake because the kids do it themselves. They might have huge eyes that want to eat it all but realistically they always stop before finishing a full small box. I was allowed free run as a kid and ultimately its less stress for the parent than trying to police 3 children's intake over chocolate consumption.

So yesterday we all had chocolate first thing, followed by normal breakfast a while later.

Giving a three year old breakfast in an Easter egg like that is more for show, nina will be talking about the time she had it for ages, and it's the small moments like that that are really sweet for a child to always refer back to.

Don't shame her tantrums once again though, actually be with her to work through her emotions

Reactions: 10
Also lower our standards over Easter, but just give her the egg - doesn’t need to be full of cocopops and milk too 🤣

Reactions: 4
I agree to be flexible and always had chocolate for breakfast as a kid but the bit that got me was the bunny’s going into the milk for hot chocolate before bed! It was like 8pm anyway and one bunny would’ve definitely been enough!

Reactions: 3
Chocolate for breakfast at Easter is pretty normal to be fair....I don’t know any kids that aren’t allowed chocolate for breakfast at Easter or Christmas.

One day isn’t going to hurt....now I’d be more worried about the other tit she feeds Nina and promotes every day!
I wouldn't give my daughter chocolate for breakfast at Easter. I also wouldn't judge anyone who does. Call me boring but I just don't find it nessessary for children to eat chocolate all day long even if it is for one day 🤣

I wouldn't give my daughter chocolate for breakfast at Easter. I also wouldn't judge anyone who does. Call me boring but I just don't find it nessessary for children to eat chocolate all day long even if it is for one day 🤣

Anything to not have the teatime battle in this house...my 11 year old has become sooo fussy in the last year 😭 chocolate keeps him quiet 🤪

I gave my daughter a small egg MIDWAY THROUGH COTTAGE PIE today. Then we continued with the cottage pie. She wouldn’t shut up about it and I had my last glass of wine too late last night. I am nominated for mother of the year.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m another who doesn’t mind relaxing the rules at Easter, but I do agree the hot chocolate was far too much at too late a time. It’s Rebecca all over though isn’t it, no grasp on portion sizes whatsoever.

What’s with the creepy (chubby) hand in the twig update story? Feeling irrationally annoyed at that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Can we talk about the fact she went to the castles grounds yesterday?
A)How come there were NO other people there?!
B)Can she please stop pretending to be a single bleeping parent?! It’s insulting! Does she really think that people would judge her for being married?! He should be insulted.

Reactions: 6
The pushing of this single parent narrative is so bloody insulting to every parent out there doing the job on their own

Reactions: 7
Tonight it’s a ‘meal for one’! The blatant lies really bother me.
That is exactly what annoyed me, granted he may not be home for dinner tonight but, she had to empathise that she’s eating alone. We don’t hear about every snack she no doubt eats alone so why is this so special?
She really does prey on vulnerable first time parents

Reactions: 8
I’m really struggling to believe that a year ago today her and Nina were on a photoshoot for her first book? 2.5 weeks into a national lockdown but she can get photos taken for a book?!?

Reactions: 5
I’m really struggling to believe that a year ago today her and Nina were on a photoshoot for her first book? 2.5 weeks into a national lockdown but she can get photos taken for a book?!?
I thought that too - didn’t add up!?

Reactions: 2
Here she goes with her ‘mum guilt’ giving Nina a cucumber because she had a McDonald’s earlier 🙄 how much nutritional value is there in a cucumber anyway.

• Haha
Am I just dead inside or would anyone else not think to take some random twig I found in the forest home to try and help it grow

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
BFDA12F7-F91E-4595-BF16-3E4E69C13231.jpeg
7949F25F-43EA-4872-8A50-01A839FF8D39.jpeg
This grid post from 28th February though 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Right, she posted about ‘buying’ Nini a book on kindness. Then she jammed her p
Trip to M&S (not Aldi) where Nina kept taking about kindness... now she’s doing a swipe up to the book and earning commission on it?! Was she an affiliate all along and just plugging it? She must have been. She can’t even ‘buy’ her daughter a book without making some money from it. 🤬

B0203857-C035-42B2-B625-CB6A6BBF91E8.jpeg

Sorry- another post. Clearly I’m on one!
The daily twig updates?! Has she got no better content then this? She’s WEANING page fgs.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.