What were you doing at 20?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only a few years ago but Living with my boyfriend and his family (now ex thank god) and working with children which i still do

Reactions: 1
Living at home with my mum, in my 2nd year of uni and working part time in a pub.

Starting a long and quite dull “career” as a secretary (series of dead-end boring jobs). The typing has proved handy for working from home, all these years later. I lived at home. Had a brief flirtation with clubbing and posing but when I had my own flat, had less cash for dancing and prancing.

At 20 I was at uni, trying to keep in touch with school friends (I now don't wanna know), trying to get closer to uni people (2 of them i still have contact with).

I still live in the same country (not my home country) and have same group of close friends

I was in 2nd year uni, didn’t know how to put a wash on, living off ready meals, getting pissed every other night - had a lot of growing up to do 😂

I’m almost 30 now and can’t believe how childush I was compared to now

Dating a dick head, had quite a good job, out 4 nights a week, living at home paying £25 a week rent and my bed was still being made. Blissful days (apart from wanker boyf)

Dating a dick head, had quite a good job, out 4 nights a week, living at home paying £25 a week rent and my bed was still being made. Blissful days (apart from wanker boyf)
It was twenty years ago

Got married, had a full time job as a supervisor in a nursery, passed my driving test and honeymoon was in Walt Disney World.

My dd is 20 currently and she’s told me not to participate in #meat20 as she thinks it’s unfair I passed my test and had a holiday while she’s in lockdown. 😂🤣

• Haha
At uni, living at home, just started dating my now ex husband and going clubbing with the girls most weekends. Feels like forever ago!

I was at uni in a different part of the UK, newly married, living in the middle of nowhere and loving it. But life was just about to shut up on me like a telescope so it's a tricky time to think about.

Just going with the flow. Still living at home. Didn't have a clue what I wanted to do and didn't care so worked in a factory. No pressure from the parents just as long as I paid them board. Loved the 90's. Out Friday night, Saturday night and all dayer on Sundays. No chance I could handle that now. 2 drinks nowadays and I'm done. 😂

Reactions: 3
I found this quote I liked that went "your 20's are for finding out who you are, your 30's for living life".

I think it rings true for me. At 20 living at home, no kids just university.

Reactions: 2
I was living at uni during term time going out 5 times a week and crying when the scales went over 10 1/2 stone (nowhere close now 😂) and working at a motorway service station in the holidays and living with parents wondering if I’d ever have kids and her married... 17 years later and three kids later I’m wondering if I’ll ever get to go out again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was a heroin addict, with a toxic drug dealer, emotionally fucked with things going more down hill as the days / years went on. I’d rather be dead than clean it seemed so had no intention of stopping until I was 26, no veins and stuck on methadone I went into treatment for the 5th time and stuck with it ever since. I wouldn’t worry about what you are doing and don’t get FOMO. Life isn’t short. It’s the longest thing we will ever do.

Reactions: 3
At 20 I was not doing a great deal. I was unemployed and somewhat depressed I think. I briefly had a job and then ended up going back to uni when I was 21.

2nd year at uni, living in uni accommodation. Working part time in a supermarket. Hung up on an absolute waste of time and drinking far far too much because of it.
30 has been much better 😂

I turned 20 at 8 months pregnant and facing life as a single mother. I felt very low and miserable as if I’d ruined my life by falling pregnant and I’d never be happy again. I’m turning 40 this year and I’m dreading it, I still feel 25 😂 my twenties were spent at college and working part time and being a mum. My thirties came with a bit of freedom as my son got older and became a teenager, I had much more of a social life. I changed career 4 years ago which was the best move I made, I make decent money and I’m now in the process of buying my first home after living in a council flat for years. There’s been some pretty devasting times in between and being a single parent is hard work most of the time and even having boyfriends I’ve never not felt like a single parent but I also made all my own decisions and feel proud of the way my son was raised. So although 40 feels ancient, I’m in a much happier stable place.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
20?id just moved into my first proper house
i had two kids then and my narc and abusive ex was making my life hell
we had no money (he refused to pay for them but would steal what little money/food we had)
he’s paid a full pound in 23 years-but claims he ‘paid for everything/wasn’t paying as ‘she’ll only spend it on herself’
my (narc) mother was just as bad and I really struggled with life
oh and his family lived in the next street so they tried (and failed) to make my life hell too
apart from my babies it wasn’t a happy time but we made it through
by 25 life was much better as he’d buggered off onto his next victim,I had a job (and another baby) I’d got out of the debt he’d left me with and we’d moved away from the lot of them

I was at university, living with family and working 2 part-time jobs. It was only few years ago but I still miss it lol. I'm now happily married and training at my job for my chosen profession. Wishing I could be 8 stones again lol.

I was in community college and living with my parents (still do). I spent a lot of time trying to make friends but they ended up being toxic or not interested in me (I only keep in touch with a few) . My social anxiety has only gotten worse since then. Still single to this day but received my first kiss within the next 2 years. I'm in uni now and not much has changed.....