What were you doing at 20?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just got the mortgage through for our house and planning our wedding!

Reactions: 2
Getting prepared for my wedding the following year. No kids. Working full time in retail. Living with my fiancé. Partying like there was no tomorrow!

Reactions: 1
I had a 2 month old baby! Hes 8 now, had his brother when I was 21 and expecting my third in june. I'd been with my now husband 3 years when my eldest arrived and worked in a paper mill - I was then only female and got made redundant during maternity leave.

I was working full time, living in a rented flat with my boyfriend of 2 years and we had a cat. Fast forward to now, I work part time, I live in a house that we have a mortgage on, I'm married to that boyfriend.we have 4 kids. The cat is long gone but we have a dog.☺

Reactions: 5
Was living with my mum, working full time in retail. Pregnant with my son and had him 2 weeks before my 21st 😊

12 years ago
Living at home, living for the weekends.
Spending Fri-Sunday evening partying and planning the summer holiday to Magaluf 🙈
Was totally a colourful time in my life but a lot of life lessons learnt haha. No idea how I funded that party lifestyle!

Reactions: 2
It's been a long time since I was 20. I met my husband when I was 18. At 20 I had started a full time job and was living with my boyfriend and father in law as my mother in law died very young and unexpectedly. We bought our house when I was 22 and baby one appeared when I was 23 and baby number two at 25. My eldest is 20 and at uni, still with us.

Reactions: 3
Not Elizabeth the Chef I hope. The horror stories I heard about that place!
No not that one. It wasn’t too bad and it paid quite well for a night shift plus the other women working there looked after me. Thankfully I moved on to better jobs.

Hadn’t long started working full-time as a care assistant in my previous job (was there 10 years), living in my own house and dating an alcoholic man-child who was forever in and out of jobs. By the end of that relationship (7 years) I’d had a mental breakdown, was on medication for depression and anxiety, and had contemplated ending my life so many times.
Just to add, I’m married to a really great guy now, have two beautiful kids and still work in healthcare (my heart will always be in that job). I still have poor mental health days, and life has its ups and downs, but I’m way happier now than I ever was in those last 11 years. My life was very lonely with my ex, I took a lot of tit from him for too long.

Reactions: 8
I was living at home with my parents and working in a day nursery. Had just split from a 5 year relationship and enjoying going out every weekend with friends.

I was working as an Au Pair in France. Life was pretty good, lots of money (they paid me really well... Way above average), nice family, easy work. I made very good friends there and weekends were always busy. I was pretty sad when the year was over.

I was at college, single, lived at home and went out clubbing at least 3 nights a week. Then I met my other half and the rest is history 🤣

Having left London for university up north, I had a great time studying, making friends, working, clubbing.

Blew my student loan on a river island spree (boots, jeans and a 20 quid belt! 🤦‍♀️). After that I quickly wised up to money management there and then.

going out all the time, working f/t living the lifestyle thanks to cc. Living with a friend. Single (ish). Lots of holidays, work hard play hard the best times!’

I was at uni living in a tiny flat with my now husband. We were skint as hell and argued constantly... not quite sure how we survived 🤣

I was in my 2nd year of uni, living in a lovely little bubble with my friends in a shared house - going out at least twice a week and then doing all nighters in the library. At the time I felt really old and mature but I was just a baby really. I really do miss my early 20s.