What were you doing at 20?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At 20 I was living in Glasgow, at Uni, working part time in debt collection (eww 🤮😭) snd I had not long started dating a guy... who I am still with 12 years on 🙂

it was also a time of nights out, cheap student booze, plastic costume jewellery and loads of sparkly urban decay eye make up 😂 oh and nights out everyone took a wee digital camera. Had fun and didn’t flipping pose all night

Reactions: 3
I was still living with my parents, had just passed my test and bought a little car, was working full time doing office admin and was out partying 3 or 4 nights a week 😂. I saved zero money and spent it all on clothes and alcohol.

The things I’d change are the relationship I was in at the time (wish I’d stayed single) and I wish I’d travelled a lot more instead of just the standard Spanish holidays.

When I was 20 (5 years ago for me) I was in my first year at uni and living in halls. I really think that time as the ‘best year(s) of my life’ (so far anyway). Moving away and making new friends, sort of reinventing myself. Doing stupid stuff just for the heck of it. Staying up way to late. Gaining my independence. Feeling like the world was at my feet. I have such fond memories of that time 💭❤. Now that it’s been and gone I’m kinda sad that I’ll never get to relive that time and age again.

Last edited:
I found this quote I liked that went "your 20's are for finding out who you are, your 30's for living life".

I think it rings true for me. At 20 living at home, no kids just university.
I hope so as my 20’s have been a fuking disaster!

At 20, I was in my second year of uni living in Cambridge and loving life! Had a really good group of friends but hated the rented student accommodation I was in. I wasn't working apart from the odd seasonal ones. I was getting as much voluntary experience as I could in my chosen field which has paid off MASSIVELY. One thing I wish I did more was actually work and save a bit of money. I spent everything I earned on holidays which I don't regret but would've preferred to have money for a car as soon as I moved back home instead of waiting a year.

I'll be 24 this year and I cant stress how much you should just go at your own pace. Don't compare yourself to anyone, you do you and you'll get where you need to be.

Reactions: 1
Drinking, enjoying myself, fobbing off a crap job in office admin, trying (and failing) to get as many girls as possible (in reality - any girl, at all, ever! :ROFLMAO:)