Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hunnaybadgerz

I was away at uni and thought I was getting old turning 20! Spent my overdraft on clubbing and Topshop and my time talking about boys!

Reactions: 2

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I was still living at home, was at uni and was working part time in a local supermarket.
I'd go back in the morning if I could.

abitfairytale

I had been engaged for a year, and had moved to Nottingham (200 miles away from 'home' - my first experience of moving out!) to live with my now husband whilst he was in his 2nd year at uni. Oh how my MIL hated me for that, for 'distracting' him from his studies when in reality I was paying his bills and for food cos his student loan didn't cover it all (his Dad got a promotion, student living costs loan reduced dramatically). We lived in Nottingham together for 4 years in total, had the time of our lives (despite always never having any money!). One major life regret is moving back to 'home'.

Mind you, we've now been married for 13 years, have a 9yr old daughter, and since Corona hit my MIL (finally) loves me so silver linings!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I found this quote I liked that went "your 20's are for finding out who you are, your 30's for living life".

I think it rings true for me. At 20 living at home, no kids just university.

Casperron

VIP Member
What were you doing at age 20? Were you married, with kids? Were you at college / uni? Were you in prison? Were you living at home or in rented housing? Tell me about it! I am turning 20 in a few months and feel super young compared to other people my age e.g. the ones on love island!

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I was living at uni during term time going out 5 times a week and crying when the scales went over 10 1/2 stone (nowhere close now 😂) and working at a motorway service station in the holidays and living with parents wondering if I’d ever have kids and her married... 17 years later and three kids later I’m wondering if I’ll ever get to go out again 😂

• Haha

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
20 years ago, when I was 20, I got dumped by my boyfriend and got sacked in the same week 😥, 5 days before Christmas!

I got a new job as a receptionist in January, moved out of home into my first rented flat and the most important part of my budget was ensuring I had 2 nights out a week with friends. Fun times!

Moe

VIP Member
Long time back but living the dream doing night shift in a cake mix factory 🤣

I was living with my parents, working at Marks and Spencer, went to the gym a lot, going out every weekend with friends, flirting with lots of boys and went on a summer holiday to Zante with my best friends !

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
In the final year of my degree and making big plans with my boyfriend to travel for 6 months. I remember thinking how I could do anything and it was all ahead of me. Being 20 is amazing. To anyone who is 20 or in their 20’s - make sure to fill this decade with lots of magical memories. It’s the perfect time to work hard, go everywhere and see everything :)

• Heart

KermitTheCloffff

I was living at home with my mum and dad. Working full time in an office and engaged to my now husband. We were saving for a house which we bought when I was 21. At 22 we moved 230 miles away, got married at 25 and now have 2 daughters aged 25 and 28! We will have been married 30 years in July. I’m so old! 🤣

Noseybonk

VIP Member
I was living at home with my Mum, and working full time. At 20 I called off my engagement from the ex (who I should never have been with), and was just about to meet the love of my life (who has been my husband for many years). 😍

Londoncailín

VIP Member
I was living with parents, working in a bar full time and I was out with friends as much as I could. I loved life back then

Boredinstagrammer29

I was living at home, couldn’t drive, at uni, partied 4 nights a week (Crystal Monday, funky Buddha Tuesday, play on Wednesdays and faces on Sunday) with the aim of shagging the hottest guy in the place 😅(usually worked) had my student loan and cash in hand job so had the money to splurge too (parents didn’t ask for any contributions at home)

hrh89

VIP Member
Living in London in my second year of uni in the shittest student house you’ve ever seen spending all my student loan on gigs and alcohol. My rent was something silly like £50 a week 😂
I was from a single parent family so I got quite a large grant and loan and the first thing I bought was a bloody iphone 🙃😂 priorities. Suffice to say I haven’t paid much of it back.

Best time of my life. Oh how things change. Wish I was that happy now 😂

Last edited:

Curly

VIP Member
12 years ago
Living at home, living for the weekends.
Spending Fri-Sunday evening partying and planning the summer holiday to Magaluf 🙈
Was totally a colourful time in my life but a lot of life lessons learnt haha. No idea how I funded that party lifestyle!

At 20 I was not doing a great deal. I was unemployed and somewhat depressed I think. I briefly had a job and then ended up going back to uni when I was 21.

Reactions: 1