What were you doing at 20?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What were you doing at age 20? Were you married, with kids? Were you at college / uni? Were you in prison? Were you living at home or in rented housing? Tell me about it! I am turning 20 in a few months and feel super young compared to other people my age e.g. the ones on love island!

Reactions: 2
I was at uni, living at home and going on nights out at least twice a week 😂 also had a part time job in maccies

Reactions: 3
At university finishing my second year, and starting my third year placement year which was great fun. I made a couple of great friends there but don’t keep in touch with anyone at uni apart from the couple of school friends who also went to the same uni as me. I split up with the boyfriend I’d been with for a couple of years at the beginning of that summer who was from home, it meant I had plenty of fun in that placement year 😂

I had a 3 year old and was pregnant with my 2nd we had just bought a house. Im now 34 nearly 35 and i wish i had enjoyed being young a bit more x

At 20, I was still living at home with my dad. I was working in London. I’d just met my future husband. I had a little Ford Fiesta.
At 21, I was engaged and living with my fiancé in a house we’d just bought, 2 hours away from where I previously lived. I no longer worked in London because it was too far to commute. I still had my little Ford Fiesta, though.

Reactions: 1
I was still living at home, was at uni and was working part time in a local supermarket.
I'd go back in the morning if I could.

I was living at home with my mum for the first half, working as senior carer in a nursing home which was having a huge extension, the plan was that I would be given my own wing to run then I shagged one of the builders in a new bedroom whilst on shift 🤣 quit the job before I was sacked and went and lived with him on his boat and sailed around the UK!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I was away at uni and thought I was getting old turning 20! Spent my overdraft on clubbing and Topshop and my time talking about boys!

I was away at uni loving life. It honestly was such a great time in my life. I had no real worries or responsibilities

I was living with parents, working in a bar full time and I was out with friends as much as I could. I loved life back then

I was with my ex whom I had a house with. Split up with him 4 years later.

Now 28, 29 this year. Time flies!

Reactions: 1
I was living with my parents, working at Marks and Spencer, went to the gym a lot, going out every weekend with friends, flirting with lots of boys and went on a summer holiday to Zante with my best friends !

At Uni, working part time and got married that year. We’ve been together 20 years - shows my age lol.

• Heart
I was at uni. Had a bit of a tit time of it with a sudden family bereavement, a really ill partner and trying to balance my first "proper" job.
Would love to let myself know that less than ten years later things all worked out for the best.

Reactions: 5
Hadn’t long started working full-time as a care assistant in my previous job (was there 10 years), living in my own house and dating an alcoholic man-child who was forever in and out of jobs. By the end of that relationship (7 years) I’d had a mental breakdown, was on medication for depression and anxiety, and had contemplated ending my life so many times.

• Sad
living at home, pressured to finish a community college diploma I wasn't enjoying and still told what to do by my parents/job in a clothing store. 4 years later things are better, going to uni for something I actually enjoy (first year) and living abroad on my own making my own decisions and got a lovely boyfriend.

Reactions: 4
Long time back but living the dream doing night shift in a cake mix factory 🤣