What Wegan Did Next

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have wondered - and this is really only speculation - if there’s some financial support from Whitney’s mum. If that’s the case then I can see how Whitney would have some drive in the relationship in terms of how they spend their money, but the vibe I get is that Megan is the one pushing all the content/staging the photos and videos etc. They’ve said before she is the one who does all the videos and vlogs etc.

Reactions: 1
Megan has written before about her disability and it being caused by medical negligence. I heard that there was some kind of settlement which funds this whole car crash. Megan is 100% the driving force although Whitney must be a willing passenger to put up with being filmed constantly and put into all those cringeworthy scenarios.

I’ve heard the same about Megan’s settlement, although to be fair I am not sure it funds (or solely funds) their lifestyle. They both had careers before - I have followed them for long enough to remember when they gave up their jobs - so one would hope it was a decision they weighed up based on their social media success, as opposed to being bankrolled from the beginning. They work with some high profile brands - New Look etc - which I imagine pays well. They also have other projects on the side, such as their dating site, and I believe they also run some sort of social media consultancy. For what it’s worth, I do think they are grafters in their own way and they have done well for themselves.

My main issue with them is simply that they are unrecognisable now compared to their early days. I first began following them years ago, when they felt more authentic and there were relatively few same-sex couples sharing their lives with the world. As someone who is part of the LGBTQ+ community myself, it was nice to have that visible representation. But they seem to have lost touch with reality and I no longer find them relatable, which is a shame.

Same with Rose and Rosie, who also now irritate the hell out of me but in a different way to Wegan.

I am so over the influencer bubble - the sooner it bursts, the better. 🙄

(Edited for spelling and clarity)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’ve heard the same about Megan’s settlement, although to be fair I am not sure it funds (or solely funds) their lifestyle. They both had careers before - I have followed them for long enough to remember when they gave up their jobs - so one would hope it was a decision they weighed up based on their social media success, as opposed to being bankrolled from the beginning. They work with some high profile brands - New Look etc - which I imagine pays well. They also have other projects on the side, such as their dating site, and I believe they also run some sort of social media consultancy. For what it’s worth, I do think they are grafters in their own way and they have done well for themselves.

My main issue with them is simply that they are unrecognisable now compared to their early days. I first began following them years ago, when they felt more authentic and there were relatively few same-sex couples sharing their lives with the world. As someone who is part of the LGBTQ+ community myself, it was nice to have that visible representation. But they seem to have lost touch with reality and I no longer find them relatable, which is a shame.

Same with Rose and Rosie, who also now irritate the hell out of me but in a different way to Wegan.

I am so over the influencer bubble - the sooner it bursts, the better. 🙄

(Edited for spelling and clarity)
What were they like years ago ?

What were they like years ago ?
I’d say the same to be honest - just as vain, just as hungry to be noticed and their every move filmed for their YouTube. The only difference is they dress the same now and she shows her “handy” more when they need a few days worth of content😵💫

I think @Pudding&Pie is right there - my soft spot for their early stuff is possibly just me looking back through rose-tinted specs. I daresay they’ve always craved the spotlight. However, I would say that their content back then felt a little more ‘real’ to me. They both had jobs outside of social media. Their photos were rudimentary and they hadn’t adopted their matchy-matchy ‘aesthetic’. They spoke of their long-distance relationship, which is wearing thin now but was somewhat interesting at the time. There was no relentless #gifted #ad #spon #aff (I don’t think the last bit is exclusive to them - the influencer culture has gone way too far, although it is entirely possible to be popular on social media and not succumb to it). In my opinion, they used to come across as two people you could imagine working alongside or going for a drink with. These days I’d actively avoid them.

I also seem to remember them being pictured more with friends - doing regular things with regular people. Where have all their mates gone?

Reactions: 3
They definitely had more friends - Megan’s friend Karen featured regularly and they also hung out a lot with Sarah & Lauren (I think they’ve split now actually) and Sarah & Laura Smith who do some stuff online too. No clue what happened but they seem to not post friends nearly as much these days!

I don’t think they ever had a lot of friends. Those were just other couples they met online and saw in person a few times. They haven’t really changed much; it’s just more filtered and polished.

I always assumed that their lifestyle was funded by a medical negligence payout. Megan bought that house when she was in her 20s for about £500k.

It’s unlikely the influencer lifestyle pays well enough to live on unless you have many many more followers and interactions on their posts than they do. Working with brands like New Look probably pays in a few free pant suits and a buffet lunch on the odd photoshoot. I don’t think they are lazy, but it seems anyone can grow (or buy) a few thousand followers and tell us they are influencers - it feels like they are trying to convince themselves more than anyone else.

• Heart
They’re so obsessed with looking similar it actually freaks me out 🤣 I have a couple of lesbian friends and none of them are like this with their other halves. I don’t understand how it’s relatable

Has anyone looked on companies house to see their actual accounts? (Well what they record anyway!)

They live where they live due to Megan’s payout - mortgage free. Whitney is laughing😆 but I think her mother definitely must be wealthy with all the Louis Vuitton this and that she gives them!

Double posting to say does anyone else think it’s weird that Whitney doesn’t have a UK driving licence? She drives in the US and I wonder why she doesn’t here. They had to have someone else drive them home today from the fertility clinic, you’d think after all this time she’d have taken a test.

Double posting to say does anyone else think it’s weird that Whitney doesn’t have a UK driving licence? She drives in the US and I wonder why she doesn’t here. They had to have someone else drive them home today from the fertility clinic, you’d think after all this time she’d have taken a test.
I’ve never realised that but that is strange!!

Also… I thought they weren’t posting in real time about this baby stuff🤣 it’s gone from “we’re delaying posting to allow ourselves time” to - omg update - Megan is ovulating😵💫

They wrote a while back that Megan always drives in the UK and Whitney always drives in the US. I’m wondering if it’s anything to do with Megan’s limb difference? I think she has an adapted car.

It could potentially be due to her having had a seizure earlier this year. I can’t remember what came of that or what she was diagnosed with but a friend of mine had the same and she was unable until she was free of seizures for I think a year?

• Sad
It could potentially be due to her having had a seizure earlier this year. I can’t remember what came of that or what she was diagnosed with but a friend of mine had the same and she was unable until she was free of seizures for I think a year?
Ohhhh yes you know what, that could well be right. They said she had one the other day too.

Oooh now I can pay £45 to rent a dress of theirs for the week…I expect there will be a massive queue for them at those prices 🙊 I don’t get it? That seems extortionate to rent a dress for a few days.

Not defending them, but a lot of donor sperm comes from Denmark. Two lesbian couples I know have used Danish jizz!
Yeah that’s definitely a thing. I’ve looked in to it personally and one of the approved sperm donor clinics my fertility clinic are connected to is in Denmark. So I don’t think too much about that.

I like these two and really hope they are successful with their fertility treatments.

however, I have a big ick with them. The way every 2 minutes in a video W will take M’s face to kiss each other. Once every so often is fine but like repeatedly throughout a video. I’m sorry but ick. Just cheesy and fake. Someone mentioned about the possibility it’ll come out later on that W is toxic to M. For me it’s because of this behaviour by W. Like she instigates the physical affection most. Maybe controlling??

Last edited:
Their PDAs disgust me. Not because they’re two women. that’s absolutely grand. It’s just… them. Whitney especially. UGH.

• Heart