Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DoubleTrouble1712

Oh my goodness I’ve been waiting for a thread about these two! I can’t cope with them - the puckered kissing photos, the deliberate matching followed by the whining about people thinking they’re sisters/twins/cousins whatever, Whitney’s horrible use of the word ‘alas’ 😂 (irrational, I appreciate!) - not to forget Megan’s stomach and skin issues, exacerbated no doubt by the gifted medication she took without a prescription. I think their story is cute - but good Lord they need some new content and an actual hook for their brand. Did you know we conquered long distance and Whitney is American?! Yes, because you’ve mentioned it once a fortnight for the last 10 years 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

hazelwood123

The ‘I’m so girly and pink and feminine not like those other lezzers’ thing is really getting a bit embarrassing now. Are they EVER going to grow up?

Reactions: 7
I live in the same town as Whitney and Megan and have followed them online for years. I like their more 'authentic' content, such as Megan's disability awareness and their fertility equality campaign. Occasionally they will open up about their skin issues, PMDD, ADHD, etc. I also think their back story as a couple is sweet, and they clearly love each other.

I do wish they'd take a step back from the constant kissing, twinning, posing and preening. I understand it's part of their identity, but they are rapidly becoming a parody of themselves. As someone in a same-sex marriage myself, I no longer find them relatable as a couple.

A while back, they asked for constructive criticism from their followers and then became visibly annoyed when the feedback was 'be more genuine'. They hit back with several old, unposed, unedited photos of themselves and said 'Is THIS really want you want to see more of?' - complete with laughing crying emojis and an opinion poll - but it backfired, because the overwhelming answer was 'yes' 🤣

Reactions: 6

Ches_Mas

Just watched their day in the life Valentines edition which seems like they just wanted to make a video to show off their kettle. Imagine buying a £100+ kettle and then choosing to have it in pink 👎
I don’t know what annoys me about them more; their boring/uninteresting story or their materialism

Reactions: 4

sheleg

VIP Member
They seem to weirdly get off on people mistaking them for sisters. It's beyond weird. I've been in lesbian relationships before and never felt the need to morph into my partner.

DoubleTrouble1712

What do you think
I think it’s ridiculous and I am struggling to understand how they have so many followers with such little interaction on the reels or whatever they’re called. We’re not sisters/mother and daughter/Whitney is American done to death over and over, insert a couple of pouts for good measure.

• Haha
It’s really not unusual to be in a long term relationship by your mid thirties. They don’t seem to be able to move on mentally from when they started blogging and they saw their relationship as being aspirational for their young followers. They seem now to be talking an audience much younger than they are but I’m not sure that audience are going to be interested.
To add to this - I hope all followers (or future followers) of ‘relationship’ influencers recognise that:

Not every long-term relationship is a happy one.
Not every ‘aspirational’ relationship is a healthy one.
Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, away from the highlights reel of social media.
Also, a romantic relationship doesn’t define or complete you.

Comparison is a fool’s game when it comes to love. We simply can’t compare relationships, as they are all so unique. Whilst there may be some common denominators - love, respect, communication, etc - what works for one couple (or person) won’t necessarily work for another.

I cringe myself inside-out when I see reels like Wegan’s, trumpeting ‘Our secrets to a successful relationship!’ I’m not dismissing their 15 years together, including long-distance. Nor am I saying they’re being disingenuous. But in my experience, couples who truly HAVE stood the test of time tend to be very humble about it. I have spent a lot of time with the elderly in my line of work, and inevitably - if they share anything at all about their relationships - they say it comes down to love and a large helping of good fortune. One couple who celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary - together for a lifetime and utterly devoted to each other - were bewildered that anyone else would be interested in their story, and didn’t want any fuss. Some of these relationship bloggers would do well to take a leaf out of their book.

• Heart

sheleg

VIP Member
My gosh, will they ever stop going on about how they met and were long distance? STFU!

I’m massively irked by their latest post, which suggests that ‘fertility acupuncture’ and ‘removing chemicals and plastics from the home’ are prerequisites for getting pregnant. I actually don’t know where to begin with it.

atomic

I just find them so weird and icky. I’m a lesbian and I would absolutely hate for anyone to think my other half is my sister!! 😂

Drbrox

I met them at an LGBT gala dinner / charity auction event c.2016. They were speaking to the person I was with and so I tried to engage in conversation and they were literally scoping the room out for "famous" people / those they thought had more status / use to them i believe. They were rather rude and quickly dashed when they noticed someone that they could have a photo with. I noted it was rude to the person I knew at the event and she described them as "vapid". I do not doubt they are nice girls but the content is not at all relatable and the matching outfits are a little much.

• Sad
  • Wow

gummy-bear

VIP Member
Oh my goodness I’ve been waiting for a thread about these two! I can’t cope with them - the puckered kissing photos, the deliberate matching followed by the whining about people thinking they’re sisters/twins/cousins whatever, Whitney’s horrible use of the word ‘alas’ 😂 (irrational, I appreciate!) - not to forget Megan’s stomach and skin issues, exacerbated no doubt by the gifted medication she took without a prescription. I think their story is cute - but good Lord they need some new content and an actual hook for their brand. Did you know we conquered long distance and Whitney is American?! Yes, because you’ve mentioned it once a fortnight for the last 10 years 🙃
Agree. Their content is soooooo so so boring it’s unreal. ‘Megan loves red apples, whereas Whitney prefers green’ ?! Tell me why anyone needs to know these boring as hell facts.
I’ve found their recent stuff about pregnancy quite interesting so maybe they’ll latch onto that more. I hope for them it does all work out, although I cannot imagine them with a baby boy 🤣 how would they cope not having all the pink!

sheleg

VIP Member
Quite frankly, they look and sound as if they have about two brain cells between them.

• Heart
  • Haha

Medusah80

Chatty Member
Please reminds us again how you met on MySpace and “conquered” long distance🥴🥴🥴 it’s literally their only narrative😴 (apart from the recent slagging off of the nhs for not catering to their needs)😴😴😴
If they can afford all them holidays then surely they can afford IVF

Ches_Mas

Just as you think they have reached the peak of being self absorbed “We’re wearing colours like the Queen would have wanted”. Posing in front of floral tributes. Anything for the ‘gram. 😫

• Sick
  • Angry
what are they saying?
did they go in naively thinking it would work first time Round
I’m trying to be careful here, as I am aware that their first attempt ended in a loss, and for that my heart goes out to them.

The thing that stood out to me was their plan to announce the pregnancy. They posted on 4th Sept that they were somewhere in the two week wait. Then 28th Sept was their 10th wedding anniversary, for which they had arranged a big photoshoot. They said that on finding out that Megan was pregnant, they planned to incorporate an announcement into the shoot and had ordered custom items, sent ideas to their photographers etc. But even with a viable pregnancy, that would still have been very early in the process (less than 6 weeks) and sadly that’s when the risks are the highest. Personally I would have steered well clear of planning any announcement until much further into the pregnancy.

UNLESS they meant they would include a pregnancy announcement in the shoot, but hold on a bit longer to release those particular pics - which is a possibility I hadn’t considered until writing this.

Either way, this post (attached) made me feel so sad. Imagine feeling like you have to create a new ‘inspo board’ and struggling to get excited for a photoshoot when you’ve literally just had a miscarriage. You have to wonder if it’s all worth it.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

Pudding&Pie

Is Megan channeling her inner Pete Burns with her ever expanding top lip or what? It’s so bad🤣🫣

• Heart
  • Haha
  • Sad

DoubleTrouble1712

So I’ve established I know someone who knows someone who used to spend a bit of time with them via some friends (so convoluted but the gay world in London is small 😂) and when we were dissecting their posts, they’ve said that Wegan really have no time for less femme looking queer women and will go out of their way to almost exclude them. I wasn’t surprised by that which is a shame I suppose!

• Wow

atomic

I have finally unfollowed them after swithering on whether to do it for a while.

I just find the whole “we’re so femme” thing quite insulting to be honest.

Love cashing in on being “queer” influencers but god forbid anyone thinks you look like a lesbian 😂 fair enough if they really do love that aesthetic but it just seems so forced and to me, the undertones are more than just that.

Also wish they’d understand they are not the first lesbian couple to survive long distance and they certainly won’t be the last 😂