What was “the big drama” at your school?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was around 14-15 there were a couple of deaths of 17/18-year-olds in the local area in motorbike accidents. None went to our school but that year, it was decided we'd have to have assemblies throughout the year where a police officer would come in and show us horrifying videos of what happens if you fall off a motorbike and aren't wearing a helmet or protective leather / Kevlar. Well it worked, I've never dared get on a motorbike

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh god how could I forget the biggest scandal of my year group.

Our Spanish teacher told us all to bring in £1 to the next lesson and she would buy us all food and have a “Spanish Breakfast”. (Oreos, Churros, Torrijas and chocolately stuff). We were all buzzing, some of us even gave her £2 for extra Oreos. After the lesson when we handed over our money we never saw her again. Rumours went round that she’d been sacked, or was on the sick for going crazy.

Turns out she’d been sacked for writing and trying to publish a book all about how tit the school was and slagging off all the other teachers. She got found out as she’d sent a copy to one of the other teachers to proof read.

We never got Oreos for breakfast. & we never got our money back. witch 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I remember 2 teachers at my high school being killed in a car accident, probably around 84,85!
It was just awful hearing about it, I remember teachers being in tears

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Our German teacher was a sex pest. He never looked at girls faces when talking to them if you know what I mean, and he dated one of the schoolgirl's and never got done for it.......It was 1977 though.

Very creepy guy.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
A girl at school had a baby at 14.
She concealed the pregnancy under her school jumper and gave birth alone at home in her bathroom.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
This is such a funny thread. My primary school drama was a girl accidentally squirting a Vicks vaporub capsule in someone’s eye. Secondary was actually drama free until we left and heard our old science teacher had been fired for inappropriately emailing pupils. Actually, I remembered some drama- our year 8 trip to France when all the boys bought laser pens ILLEGALLY on the last day and we all thought we would be blinded on the ferry home. I don’t even know if they do that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I moved about a lot as a kid so I have a few these are not all from the one school

- A boy was killed in a motorbike accident- he was a passenger and I don’t think he was wearing a helmet. I think his brother was driving and might have had a breakdown not long after

- teacher used to sell drugs

- some kid turned all the gas on in the science classes “for fun”. this same kid got detention for eating raw cake batter in the corridor. Just hand in bowl, scooping it into his mouth. He was very very very weird. He tried to fight a teacher and got suspended/expelled

- A girl started dating a teacher about a week after she left school. She was pregnant shortly after… this was not a young teacher either, he was pretty old

• Wow
Tech teacher randomly disappeared, nobody knew what happened to him. Then he turned up in the papers; his wife had left him and he put intimate photos of her on a massive banner on the front of his house, along with all the names of the men she'd apparently slept with 😳 He also kept trying to show his daughter Polaroids of said intimate photos of her mother, to show how terrible she was. I believe he had a restraining order put on him in the end.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I was telling my husband about this thread and he said a there was a teacher/student affair at his school. His all-boys Catholic school.

• Wow
- some kid turned all the gas on in the science classes “for fun”. this same kid got detention for eating raw cake batter in the corridor. Just hand in bowl, scooping it into his mouth. He was very very very weird. He tried to fight a teacher and got suspended/expelled
Raw cake batter is the most delicious thing in the world though! Seriously!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A girl at school had a baby at 14.
She concealed the pregnancy under her school jumper and gave birth alone at home in her bathroom.
A girl in my class was pregnant at 13. I don’t know if it was the first young pregnancy that had happened in the school, I doubt it but it was definitely the first in a very long time. She was treated absolutely terribly by the other kids and some of the staff, and she ended up leaving. I heard a few years ago that she and the child are ok, but the way she was treated makes me really sad, as it wasn’t fair at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I went to a very strict girls Convent school. Majority of us had very sheltered childhoods- super polite and naive etc. New girl started in Yr8 (we learnt later she’d been expelled from the local comp and her Dad had signed her up for our school to set her ‘on the straight and narrow’). In her first lesson, the teacher was correcting the work of a girl sat next to this new pupil, and leant over to use her pen. She loudly says to the teacher “Get your own bleeping pen- fucks sake!”.

I know it sounds like a small thing, but honestly we were all so posh, and I’d never heard someone even back-chat a teacher let alone swear- they were SO strict. There was an audible gasp and honestly we all just stared like 😮😮😮😮 I can still see the look on the teachers face and it makes me chuckle.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I went to a very strict girls Convent school. Majority of us had very sheltered childhoods- super polite and naive etc. New girl started in Yr8 (we learnt later she’d been expelled from the local comp and her Dad had signed her up for our school to set her ‘on the straight and narrow’). In her first lesson, the teacher was correcting the work of a girl sat next to this new pupil, and leant over to use her pen. She loudly says to the teacher “Get your own bleeping pen- fucks sake!”.

I know it sounds like a small thing, but honestly we were all so posh, and I’d never heard someone even back-chat a teacher let alone swear- they were SO strict. There was an audible gasp and honestly we all just stared like 😮😮😮😮 I can still see the look on the teachers face and it makes me chuckle.
She had a point to be fair😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think every school had rumours of one particular girl shoving random objects up herself. At my school it was a girl who shoved a coke bottle up her and a can of sure deodorant.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I think every school had rumours of one particular girl shoving random objects up herself. At my school it was a girl who shoved a coke bottle up her and a can of sure deodorant.
This would have been after Kinga on Big Brother, I assume.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
omg we had a girl who filmed fingering herself with three fingers and the video spread everywhere
her name was tiana but from then on she was known as triana 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
In sixth form, one of the girls in the year below us told her friends at a sleepover that she was dating an artist. This artist had a series on Sky and ran classes which were really popular with the older posh types. The age gap was huge (she was 15/16 - he was in his early 50s). Allegedly her parents were completely fine with this (and he was a family friend as well). This made the rounds at school and came to a head when during an RE class about ethics one of the class just blurted this out. I remember the teacher just stopping everything (not in a safeguarding sense, but wanted the goss, I think she was an NQT). After forty minutes of the class going into detail we then realised her class was next door (it was a mobile unit) and it was likely she heard "XYZ is such a slapper for shagging a grandad" and a LOT of abuse aimed at her. I remember being sat there feeling awful as it got so volatile.

I had a relative who attended these classes - I brought it up with my parents who then told her, who then told the class...the memories are very very vague but I don't remember seeing this girl after this really kicked off in college again - I think she finished her studies at home or moved elsewhere. His series ended on Sky and from what I remember uptake for his classes died down a lot (and my relative never attended after that revelation).

I thought of her after seeing this thread. I really hope she's doing well - looking back it was so horrendous (and how could her parents be okay with this?)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My school was a Forces school - I vividly remember one lunch time when, as a Year 7, a whole gang of us teamed up to find someone who apparently was in danger from an older lad who had come onto school property with a knife to 'do him in' for whatever reason.

There was also a teen pregnancy and a rumour about some couples getting in on on school trips, the usual.

There was a boarding school at the school, for term and weekly boarders and there was a rumour someone had gone crazy and killed themselves in the cellar. If you looked down a certain stairwell (which had a locked door but a small window/grill next to it) you could see someone had written messages on the wall saying 'help me' etc, it wasn't true but clearly kids playing it up!

The worst one ended up not really a rumour. The school I went to had moved to this nice modern building in the late 80s and the previous school was this beautiful building like an old monastery, I think? It had been used as a hospital after the war, then converted to a school before being closed down and moved. The rumour was that it was closed down quickly because they found out it was used as a nazi euthanasia centre and the janitors kept finding bones on the fields etc. Turns out that was true in the end but the 'authorities' knew and didn't mind and were happy to keep using it as a school until it became to expensive to run so many school sites.

Oh and also that Sunny D had pigs wee in and would turn your skin orange

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8