What was “the big drama” at your school?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can remember telling people at uni that my school was like Waterloo Road and I honestly wasn’t exaggerating. We had fires (yes, plural), staff-pupil affairs, the police turning up to arrest children, teachers getting fired, teen pregnancies, teen suicides, accidental teen deaths…

You name it and our school had it. Therefore, I am quite jealous of people who went to a school where there was one big massive drama that epitomised the place.

What was “the big drama” at your school?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
A lad threw a rock at a swan and killed it and rumour had it that the police took him right to the queen.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
My brother and his mates stole a heap of gnomes and lined them up on the roof, broke into the drama room and did a poo on a prop couch then graffitied 'Pink Flod' instead of 'Pink Floyd' on the principal's office window.
Oh, they also pissed on a ham in the canteen then stole the school bell and stashed it in my mum's shed.
He's ashamed now but they were hailed as the school heroes in 1983.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
In secondary a bunch of computers got stolen one year and the rumour was that it was a disgruntled teacher who had left recently. There was also a rumour that it was kids from a rival school. Never did find out the truth. It was probably neither.

Someone brought a bag of cannabis into school, hid it in their sock. Obviously it stunk so they got searched and then expelled. Another kid thought he had a bag of cannabis but it was just dried parsley and everyone laughed at him.

In primary school there was a rumour that 2 teachers were having it off with each other. What fuelled these rumours was that Mrs X got divorced and became Miss Y and of course we all thought it was because of this so called ‘affair’. Someone said they saw them kissing in the hall but that was probably bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Our head teacher turned out to be a pedalo. He had his office right by the girls changing rooms. Had pictures on his camera 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
The head of PE who was also deputy headmaster was caught shagging one of the Spanish teachers in the sports hall at lunch time

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
A rumour went round that Saddam Hussein was going to blow up in England including my local school, teens crying in corridors we were going to die 😳 Nothing happens obviously 😶

Don’t know who started it, even the teachers looked concerned at one point 😶

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Someone took a massive poo in the toilets of the sports building and everyone, including teachers, went to look.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
The ones I can think of weren't known of till years later. A man who taught me at primary school was jailed just over a year ago for indecently assaulting two ten-year-old girls there. My music teacher at secondary school was jailed for seducing two fifteen-year-olds at a different place to where he taught me and nearly twenty years after I knew him.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Someone took a massive poo in the toilets of the sports building and everyone, including teachers, went to look.
Right, this just made me lose my tit- no pun intended. Just the thought of people lining up to look at the giant poo is cracking me up.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Convent girls secondary school.

One of the nuns ran off with one of the dad's

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
We had a teacher who seeing a sixth former. At the time my friend was really into him so she was so upset when she found out and wished it had been her

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Someone phoned the school office from the phone box at Aldi (was a Somerfield then!) and said there was a bomb delivered to the school that morning. We all had to get evacuated with half the school going three streets away to a car park and the other half standing on the playing field right outside the school. I was on the playing field. Pretty sure we weren't far enough away for if there had actually been a bomb in the school. Some people were having full on panic attacks and there were rumours of snipers on the roof :ROFLMAO:

A few years later, the day after getting the first HPV vaccine (during the initial roll out), seven people fainted in assembly in the morning with 30 more people collapsing throughout the day. It was a drama! Teachers were being super cautious and sending anyone who said they felt remotely unwell home. I think half my year group had been sent home by the end of the day. People were definitely faking a faint to get out of third period maths!

May not be a scandal type drama, but people who were there at the time still talk about both those events.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Someone phoned the school office from the phone box at Aldi (was a Somerfield then!) and said there was a bomb delivered to the school that morning. We all had to get evacuated with half the school going three streets away to a car park and the other half standing on the playing field right outside the school. I was on the playing field. Pretty sure we weren't far enough away for if there had actually been a bomb in the school. Some people were having full on panic attacks and there were rumours of snipers on the roof :ROFLMAO:

A few years later, the day after getting the first HPV vaccine (during the initial roll out), seven people fainted in assembly in the morning with 30 more people collapsing throughout the day. It was a drama! Teachers were being super cautious and sending anyone who said they felt remotely unwell home. I think half my year group had been sent home by the end of the day. People were definitely faking a faint to get out of third period maths!

May not be a scandal type drama, but people who were there at the time still talk about both those events.
I feel like any time we had a fire drill people would say thier was a bomb in the school 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When Eurodisney first opened the school organised a trip for my year. Some lads smuggled a load of drugs in (ecstasy and LSD) and got caught with them. There was an assembly about it and everything.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
When Eurodisney first opened the school organised a trip for my year. Some lads smuggled a load of drugs in (ecstasy and LSD) and got caught with them. There was an assembly about it and everything.
Just go on small world, has the same effect

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Not really the same but did anyone else have the rumour about the ‘it’s gonna taste grrrrreat’ kid from the Frosties advert killing himself go round their school?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
All girls school.

Nothing exciting at prep school it was that there was a cat in the shed. It was the boiler.

Girl who bullied me got expelled at the end of year 10.

After the 7/7 bombing our principal came running into our class. We were evacuated to the park and went home early.

• Haha
Reactions: 7