What trainers are you wearing this summer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am recently emerging back into the world after an extended period of hibernation (covid, then pregnancy and maternity leave) and realised I have no clue what trainers to wear.

I feel like when covid happened I was reasonably young and now suddenly I’m an ancient millennial with an identity crisis 🤪

Are Vejas exclusively for unstylish Mumsnet mums?
Are New Balance basic and boring?

I don’t find converse flattering. I have black Vans but I want something new…

Reactions: 1
I can't get on with Converse either , but everyone seems to wear them .

I like New Balance, I've had a few pairs they are so comfy and really hard-wearing. I'm not keen on the dad style that the high fashion lot are wearing at the minute , but that's my taste.

I like some Adidas ones , I think it's the Samba that's popular now.

I like Superga , they don't make my feet look big.

Reactions: 4
I have converse, supergas and Adidas - ozweegos, gazelles or Stan Smith's. Didn't get on with new balance found them really uncomfortable.

I love a white trainers with dresses in summer. It's my uniform 🤣

I struggle with footwear because I have bunions on both feet (hereditary 🤦🏼‍♀️), so need a decent width toe box, but the rest of my foot is pretty slim. Converse are a no no, as too flat with no support. Unfortunately, I generally have to pay a fair amount to get comfortable shoes. Recently discovered a brand called Paul Green and got the “Emely” white leather trainers, which are really comfortable and butter soft leather. Can recommend for any fellow bunion sufferers.

Reactions: 5
Ahhh I love trainers, live in them! I have AF1 shadow in different designs/colours, classic white being a go to! Dunks low I’ve recently purchased look fab with everything, especially baggy jeans/trousers. Have converse which I wore for the first time in ages today……feet are feeling it! Adidas Ozweego are really comfy! Some chunky cream puma trainers which I love the look of but don’t feel comfortable. Love the look of New Balance yet to purchase though.
---
Bearing in mind I’m 44 so “old” pretty sure there are some youngsters that could probably give better advice 😅

Reactions: 2
Oh I love trainers! Some of my favourites: Adidas Gazelle, Vans Old Skool, Converse Chuck Taylor All Star (I know you said you don’t rate them but these are honestly the comfiest shoes one can get), Superga 2750 Cotu Classic, Veja Campo, New Balance 990v5.

I have been thinking of getting Sambas too, but they are so trendy right now I’m worried they will look a bit passé in a couple of years. If it matters, I’m in my 20s and definitely not a Mumsnet mum 🙃

Reactions: 4
Hello 👋🏽 I am in my 40’s and have a variety of trainers for different occasions. Hoka for the gym/cardio and I was a big converse fan for years. Got a couple of designer pairs which I’ll wear on a night out and just discovered New Balance 327. Took a couple of wears to break in but love them, I want another pair now, the different colour ways are great. Wish I’d got a half size up tbh.

Oooh I love trainers, I have a selection of Adidas all stars, Nike, Nike Blazers, Converse and some New Balance 327 which I love. I never bought Dunks as I feel that's a trend that will be out in a few months.

Reactions: 3
Thank you everyone! Really appreciate all these ideas!

Love the look of the Ozweegos in particular.

Reactions: 3
I’m 64 and wear Wonders platform sneakers/ trainers. I own three pairs- good to wear with pants/ jeans/ skirts.
---

---
1681637029930.jpeg

Reactions: 5
I adore my Ozweego’s, I have 3 pairs in different colours 😂 I use them 99% of the time. I have 2 pairs of vans but no matter how often I wear them they still rub the back of my foot, something my old vans never did. Ozweego didn’t cause any pain/rubbing/blisters from the very first wear which I was amazed at.

I like Vans and Adidas Gazelles, I have a black pair of both and then a white pair of Vans and a colourful pair of each. I’ve got a lilac pair of Vans and I just love them so much, their so summery and look fab with a pair of jeans

I’ve got a couple of pairs of just non branded, simple white New Look trainers if I’m just going the shops or for a walk, days out with my toddler, their dead comfy and look nice with a dress in the summer. I’m not that bothered that their not branded but they do look nice and stylish too

Thank you everyone! Really appreciate all these ideas!

Love the look of the Ozweegos in particular.
Just bought my third pair of ozweegos 🤣

I love them. They are like walking on clouds.

If you shop with asos they aren't excluded when they have 20% off so can make a nice saving on them 😊

• Heart
Just bought my third pair of ozweegos 🤣

I love them. They are like walking on clouds.

If you shop with asos they aren't excluded when they have 20% off so can make a nice saving on them 😊
That’s exactly how I described Ozweegos to my friends 😂
I don’t think I could wear anything else now

That’s exactly how I described Ozweegos to my friends 😂
I don’t think I could wear anything else now
They are definitely my trainer of choice.

I wear my gazelles or Stan Smith's with dresses for work as they are a bit smarter. But ozweegos have my heart lol

Allbirds Tree Runners in Navy!

I had the same in grey, bought about three years ago, and was in the mood for a new colour, so got the navy ones two weeks ago. I also have the Mizzles in dark grey, for cold, rainy weather, and absolutely love these shoes. Most comfortable I've ever worn and I convinced about six to also try the brand and they all love them :D