What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought it would be a really cute thread.
I always cover my cats in a blanket, they are both used to it and have a lovely cosy sleep every night after playing outside most of the day. Also my one cat currently has a broken leg (fox attack) and I carry him for a walk every day as I feel bad that he’s not getting fresh air. 😂 Other things are if they fall asleep on the floor I pick them up on to the bed! Just loads of stuff ! Absolutely spoilt! 😄 Pets make u absolutely pathetic. Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I let my indoor cat sleep beside me when I come home from night shift and get into bed. She curls up next to me and will lie there the whole time with me until I get up. She is like my shadow around the house too. She was my first baby (before I had babies). 🥰💗

She also loves ice-cubes so I’m forever flicking them across the kitchen for her to chase.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
One of my cats likes to put my husband to bed every night. He has always been a “go to bed before 10pm” person. I can never go to bed before midnight.
She starts pacing up and down when she knows he is ready for bed (brushing his teeth etc), She then lies on him, until he has fell asleep. Same ritual every night.

I always make sure I have cooked chicken for her, she gives me, a certain look when she wants some.

My other cat, shows little interest in cooked chicken (actually prefers dry cat food) - and doesn’t pay much attention to what is going on in the house. He likes occasional affection (on his terms), but is out most of the time. I will see more of him, now that the weather is getting chilly - but he will just acknowledge me briefly, and then crash out somewhere in the house.
I feel like I just have one cat at times! Since I have installed a micro chip cat flap, I hardly see him - as he can come and go as he pleases. Before I installed it, I used to coax him in with treats in the evening - and lock him in all night.
Much to his displeasure! 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I also tuck my cats into bed every night, their beds are on the landing, every night they wait for a salmon parcel, then either me or my husband has to say, who wants tucking in , and we go up with them and tuck them into bed for 10 minutes and cuddle them and tell them how good they have been. They also have a catio attatched to the patio doors to play outside as they are housecats and they were rescues and scared of going out .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Unfortunately our older dog was put to sleep during the summer, but before that she used to love bubbles. So quite often when the kids were finished we would blow bubbles just for her. She loved snapping them and popping them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Unfortunately our older dog was put to sleep during the summer, but before that she used to love bubbles. So quite often when the kids were finished we would blow bubbles just for her. She loved snapping them and popping them.
sorry about your lovely dog, our dog had to be put to sleep before i got my cats, he was 14 its heartbreaking isnt it ? x MIght you get another pet?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
One of our cats, when it is really cold, cuddles against me under the duvet. The other one sometimes lays in between us, next to our heads. We planned not to let pets in the bedroom, before we got them.. I think it failed on the first night! Wouldn't have it any other way now.

We let them have human food. Not a huge quantity, obviously. But they love nothing more than trying my popcorn, ice cream, hot chocolate, crisps. They love licking the taramasalata pot too! They can be rather naughty and jump onto the kitchen counters and steal food, like dogs. I left a loaf of bread on the side recently, only to find the packaging chewed and crusts nibbles at. So every now and then, I let them have human food as a treat!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
sorry about your lovely dog, our dog had to be put to sleep before i got my cats, he was 14 its heartbreaking isnt it ? x MIght you get another pet?
We still have our younger dog, he is 8.5, so lots of years left with him yet 👍🏻👍🏻 And hopefully we will also get a cat at some point too.

It was very hard, but she had gone downhill extremely quickly so it was definitely the right time and I’m glad we didn’t wait any longer.

• Heart
We still have our younger dog, he is 8.5, so lots of years left with him yet 👍🏻👍🏻 And hopefully we will also get a cat at some point too.

It was very hard, but she had gone downhill extremely quickly so it was definitely the right time and I’m glad we didn’t wait any longer.
you know when its the right time, dont you, as hard as it is. sorry i will shut up now, its too upsetting and still very recent for you. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My cat is 5 and is honestly the clingiest little thing, even more so since WFH 😂

She often just meows at me for no reason at all which is resolved by me picking her up and cuddling her like a baby😩😂

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My cat sleeps in bed with me every night, she was my first pet before I had a child so is my spoiled baby. I buy and wrap presents for her on her birthday and Xmas 🤦🏼‍♀️ And mould her a birthday ‘cake’ out of tuna as a treat on her birthday. My partner thinks I’m nuts but he’s grown to love her too. she’s an old softy and loves having a cuddle (on her terms) and comes over an meows at me until I pick her up.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
We leave one window open somewhere in the house all day during winter so our cat can pop in and out as he wishes, despite it bringing a chill to that particular room and probably not doing the heating bill any good. Can’t put a cat flap in because we rent.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve been known to spoon feed the dog 🤷‍♀️
oh I do this with treats and dry food I put it in there mouth for them 😂

One of our cats, when it is really cold, cuddles against me under the duvet. The other one sometimes lays in between us, next to our heads. We planned not to let pets in the bedroom, before we got them.. I think it failed on the first night! Wouldn't have it any other way now.

We let them have human food. Not a huge quantity, obviously. But they love nothing more than trying my popcorn, ice cream, hot chocolate, crisps. They love licking the taramasalata pot too! They can be rather naughty and jump onto the kitchen counters and steal food, like dogs. I left a loaf of bread on the side recently, only to find the packaging chewed and crusts nibbles at. So every now and then, I let them have human food as a treat!
Yes our cats always have to have a taste of our dinner! Last night I had to sacrifice a few pieces of chicken from my pizza 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Used to take mine on a walk at least twice a day. Nothing special in that except she was a cat.
The odd looks I used to get people thinking I was talking to a lamppost. The older she got though she would insist on a nap half way round so I would have to sit and wait.
Sometimes it was a right pain but I knew she enjoyed it. It was our time miss those walks so much💔

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We give our dog a treasure hunt after his dinner every night 😂 we keep back biscuits and hide them on and under his toys and it’s always different every night! He loves it, comes housing around the house when he’s finished.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Gerbils always get a cardboard box to destroy during the night and a treat hidden inside. Plus a extra treat if the come to my hand when I call their name and give them a quick love. I call it putting my kids to bed.

Gerbils always get a cardboard box to destroy during the night and a treat hidden inside. Plus a extra treat if the come to my hand when I call their name and give them a quick love. I call it putting my kids to bed.
Find myself taking things out of boxes so they have a box for bedtime 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Used to take mine on a walk at least twice a day. Nothing special in that except she was a cat.
The odd looks I used to get people thinking I was talking to a lamppost. The older she got though she would insist on a nap half way round so I would have to sit and wait.
Sometimes it was a right pain but I knew she enjoyed it. It was our time miss those walks so much💔
I really want to walk out cat my partner has said he’ll leave me 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm not sure it's random but my dog is just totally spoilt rotten. I homecook all his food, including lamb which I heave doing as I can't stand the smell of it. He also sleeps in bed with me, either actually under the duvet around my legs or on my pillow around my head, which more often than not he forces me off of.
To be honest I'd do anything for him really, he is totally my world now, especially since my youngest kid has gone to uni and he is my main company. I am married but the husband works four nights a week so I spend a lot of time without any human contact.

• Heart
Reactions: 24