What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On my birthday my 6 year old niece asked was I born in the 70s. When I told her I was turning 26, she said, ‘wow, you are so old, you might as well be dead’.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm 66 and occasional bouts of sciatica make me feel old LOL

I've had two wonderful careers, army then nursing so I've always been surrounded by younger people and that keeps your attitude to life young plus we've two young grandchildren (she's 8 he's 13) which we're lucky enough to be actively involved with so I just don't have time to get old.

Good to see 'pork pie' hats are back, I dusted mine (from the 70s) off and now don't look a right knob when out shopping :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Seeing young people using two thumbs typing messages on a mobile phone. My fingers are too fat....lol

Getting/developing arthritis. Realising that next year's World Cup will be the 10th I remember watching.
Will be my 15th since 1966 - assuming I am still alive with my acute myeloid leukaemia and Parkinson's Disease.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m 27 and quite good at computers.
people at work often ask “Ohh, so did you do computer classes at school? I thought computer classes were a recent thing”

Yes I did Karen. Since I was 10 years old in 2003. I’ve got a GCSE and A-Level in IT, I am not that ancient 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was divorced twice because I couldn't keep it in my trousers and now, at 62 , being moaned at because I do keep it my trousers.

Refusing a tit wank because I can't stand the pain of carpet burns on my ball bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m 30 today with a good job, savings and a child. That makes me feel ancient!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
On a Friday after school my mum would give us 50p and we’d go to the corner shop to buy penny sweets. That evening we’d get a takeaway and go to the DVD rental store. It cost a few pounds to rent a DVD. We used to spend ages looking at all the DVDs stacked on the shelves.

We also had a camera shop in town. You used to take your disposable Kodak camera there and hand the film reel over to be processed. It would take a few days and then we’d go to the shop to collect our photos. So exciting 😅.

Reactions: 10
I’ve just received an email from ‘Your Funeral Advisor’.
That's just someone who advises on funerals generally, in a hypothetical way, offering help if needed. The ceremonials could be those of elderly relatives of those they contact. So I wouldn't get too hung up on someone offering to be a funeral adviser.

Hopefully my funeral's director or organiser, on the other hand, hasn't been born yet.

That's just someone who advises on funerals generally, in a hypothetical way, offering help if needed. The ceremonials could be those of elderly relatives of those they contact. So I wouldn't get too hung up on someone offering to be a funeral adviser.

Hopefully my funeral's director or organiser, on the other hand, hasn't been born yet.
Oh, I’m not bothered by it. I found it rather amusing. The email is a cartoon of an elderly couple with walking sticks, it offers quotes on funeral plans. I’m just surprised to receive it as I’m only 26.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was divorced twice because I couldn't keep it in my trousers and now, at 62 , being moaned at because I do keep it my trousers.

Refusing a tit wank because I can't stand the pain of carpet burns on my ball bag.
Your carpet has tits?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Turned 27 over the weekend.

The fact that I listened to Elle Goulding's "When were 16" song out of boredom earlier and the kids in the comments are saying theyre 16 and how theyre nearly leaving school. Then theres one comment which says "The fact that this entire comment section is full of kids who dont even know was MSN was" because MSN is mentioned in the song. And kids were asking what MSN is.

I literally cringed to myself.

And the night before my birthday I found three greys. Fml.

Reactions: 3
And the night before my birthday I found three greys. Fml.
I found my first grey at my nanny’s funeral. Just after some stranger berated me for not being more like my sister (she had just bought her first house, engaged and pregnant at the time)

Tik Tok 😂 don't even know how to use it and I've used every social media app under the bloody sun!

Also my memory is definitely not what it was when I was 25 🥴

Reactions: 3
Looking at old holiday photos from when I was a kid in the 1980s, seeing all the middle-aged people sunbathing in the background and thinking 'they're probably all dead now', and suddenly realising that now I'm the middle-aged one o_O #existentialcrisis

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.