Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
My husband is the exact same. It's like he feels awkward when its silent.

I love my own company and often sit without the tv on but then he will fill my quiet with a million and 1 questions or stories. Sometimes I'll tell him to shh and appreciate that we can't hear the kids arguing or the dog annoying the cat, but he never does.
You are both describing my mum 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
He picks his nose like a 5yo, only grudgingly stops if I shout how digusting it is.
He clips his toenails and leaves all the bits on the pouffe in the living room.
He has never vacuumed, not once in 21yrs.
He refuses the take his muddy work boots off and stomps mud all thru the house.
He eats with his mouth open - I ask him to close his mouth when he's eating, he says he needs his mouth open to get the food in. I have to turn the TV up cos of the noise.
He kept me awake for 12yrs as he's such a pain in bed. Refused to see the GP. Turned out he has sleep aponea - told him there was something wrong!!! Idiot.
He doesn't food shop. Or unload the car. Or put it away.
He doesn't feed the cats or clean their tray.
He's never cleaned the shower but insists on using soap, not shower gel.
He falls asleep on the couch after tea every evening for about 2hrs, snoring.
He once completely forgot it was my birthday, only realised when he walked into the living room and my family were there to wish me a happy birthday.
He is grumpy and makes no effort at conversation or pleasantries.
His side of the bedroom looks like a midden.

I could go on all day, he's like a child trapped in a man's body. I'm not even married, I think I need to have a word with myself 😬🤪
omg as if he forgot your birthday, that’s not very nice!!

Reactions: 3

quinzel

VIP Member
Leaves wet towels lying on the bed.

Leaves lights on that aren’t being used.

Can easily stay in pyjamas all day.

Does an annoying throat clearing thing that drives me mental.

Leaves computers on when not in use.

Occasionally will not wash hands after having a pee.

I could go on 😂 for every bad thing though there is another thing I love!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Someone reminded me, I can always hear him breathing, how can breathing be so loud? I have to turn the TV up

Another thing, he wears 3 pairs of socks a day, 3 t shirts and at least 3 pairs of boxers, there's only 2 of us but we do a wash every day, sometimes 2 and it winds me up but I'm glad he's clean

He leaves the sink wet in kitchen and bathroom

He can't work our new hoover so I have to show him each time he hoovers, we've had it since February and he hoovers weekly

He's still talking now, he's not stopped all morning, we have barely been in the same room and he's still talking. I had a half hour reprieve but he didn't stop talking, he was on the phone to his dad so I could still hear him but I didn't have to pretend to listen 😂😂

Holmessk

VIP Member
Not hatred butttt
Can never hang up a tea towel
Always leaves the bathroom cabinet open!

Ooo ooo leaving all the doors open.

prozacprincess

VIP Member
Oh yes , the mumbling .Mine either mumbles or he is making so much racket I can't hear him . Then if I try to talk he says he can't hear me because he is making so much noise.

If its important, I'd be best off sending him a message cos his phone is always in his hand .

Anyone else's other half constantly scrolling on their phone?
Mine is a constant scroller. It particularly annoys me when I’m driving and suddenly some random sounds from a tik tok or something start blaring out. Not sure why he has this need to be permanently distracted by this crap. And he wonders why he gets anxious 🤔

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I do love him but my husband borders on useless/an utter hindrance sometimes.

He made our daughter’s bed, (which I appreciate, I do) and the sheets go in this order, bottom to top: waterproof sheet, padded sheet, fitted sheet

he of course makes her bed: padded sheet, waterproof sheet UPSIDE DOWN (ie plastic side up), fitted sheet.

Anytime he “makes dinner for us” he has to get me involved and it’s highly stressful. An attempt at making couscous once resulted in a massive slanging match and him disappearing into the darkness of the night for three hours.

• Haha

mcfeez

VIP Member
The only thing my partner really does that irks me, and we've spoken about it and he acknowledged it as a bad and rude habit - if there is a lull in our conversation at all, he takes out his phone and starts scrolling. It really grates me.

Reactions: 1

kittenattack

VIP Member
Dh has an annoying habit of needing me to give him directions to places. Even places he knows full well how to get to/from. He just can't be bothered to navigate in his mind. I get sick of having to tell him to go right or left etc. 🙄 he seems to manage okay when I'm not in the car with him 🤦‍♀️

The crumbs! Just the bloody crumbs!
In our house they're called 'love crumbs' and it's mainly my sons who drop them. Dh says it's because they love me so much so leave me presents. He leaves 'love coffee grounds' 😄

Reactions: 1