What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I opened a box of rice crispie cereal and poured some out. It spilt onto the table. Queue OH asking why I have to make such a mess all the time. So I poured the whole box of cereal on the floor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I user to live in a house in the city center that had an auto access gate, with a huge sign. Normally, people who would block it, by parking in front, would at least leave a phone number in the window... But there was this particular car, which parked there a few times and I couldn't leave with my car. But the cherry on top was when I had to wait for 5 hours to be able to leave on holiday... I got so angry, that I went in the garden and gathered all the dog poo I could find and smeared it all over his windows and shoved a bit in all of the door handles😂 it felt good😉

A few weeks later, as I was in a hurry, I left my car in front of the gate, on the doomed spot... A man walked past me and told me: miss, I wouldn't do that if I were you. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
My ex husband recently had a speeding fine through the post I opened accidentally, read it & chucked it in the bin, a reminder came through, recognised the address on the back went in the bin again, hopefully he might have a hefty fine for the speeding, points on his license & a fine for not changing his address!
Had postie just deliver letters, my daughter has opened her dads post & he has yet another speeding fine 😂 oh dear, she was horrified, doesn’t know about the previous one either!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Had postie just deliver letters, my daughter has opened her dads post & he has yet another speeding fine 😂 oh dear, she was horrified, doesn’t know about the previous one either!
Unfortunately she will probably tell her dad, and he will pay in time.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
TL;DR
I gave a customer a €75 refund in €2/€1 coins when I was working in retail.

The stupid ass Karen didn't have a receipt in the first place when she came in, and demanded a refund for something that her children had quite clearly broken. When I asked for receipt and insisted I couldn't do a refund without proof of purchase, she called me every name under the sun and demanded to talk to my manager. I tried to warn her the manager is a bit of a dick but she didn't listen, and when she started cursing at him.. he was having none of it. She rang our head office and fed them a pack of lies about us. Customer service were the worst tbh because they would always give in to customers over the phone (so they wouldn't have to deal with them) and authorised a refund to be done in store. The entitled woman comes in the next day with a smirk on her face saying how she hopes we got told by our head office that we are rude, unpleasant to deal with and how we should be all disciplined. I really didn't want to give her that refund but I knew I had to, so I started producing those plastic coin bags with €2 and €1 coins in them. She was DISGUSTED and shouted at me "What do you call this?!" and I smiled politely and replied "Legal tender".

I mean she should have been so grateful I gave her €50 and €25 in the coin bags in the first place, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
A couple of years ago I went to the supermarket quite late in the day. There wasn't much left in the bakery section so I went to grab the last packet of bagels and this woman leant right in front of me , close enough that her arm brushed against me, and snatched the bagels off the shelf.
About ten mins later I went down the cheese aisle and there she was bending over studying the cheeses so I nicked the bagels out of her trolley as I walked by👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 168
TL;DR
I gave a customer a €75 refund in €2/€1 coins when I was working in retail.

The stupid ass Karen didn't have a receipt in the first place when she came in, and demanded a refund for something that her children had quite clearly broken. When I asked for receipt and insisted I couldn't do a refund without proof of purchase, she called me every name under the sun and demanded to talk to my manager. I tried to warn her the manager is a bit of a dick but she didn't listen, and when she started cursing at him.. he was having none of it. She rang our head office and fed them a pack of lies about us. Customer service were the worst tbh because they would always give in to customers over the phone (so they wouldn't have to deal with them) and authorised a refund to be done in store. The entitled woman comes in the next day with a smirk on her face saying how she hopes we got told by our head office that we are rude, unpleasant to deal with and how we should be all disciplined. I really didn't want to give her that refund but I knew I had to, so I started producing those plastic coin bags with €2 and €1 coins in them. She was DISGUSTED and shouted at me "What do you call this?!" and I smiled politely and replied "Legal tender".

I mean she should have been so grateful I gave her €50 and €25 in the coin bags in the first place, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Love this!

A couple of years ago I went to the supermarket quite late in the day. There wasn't much left in the bakery section so I went to grab the last packet of bagels and this woman leant right in front of me , close enough that her arm brushed against me, and snatched the bagels off the shelf.
About ten mins later I went down the cheese aisle and there she was bending over studying the cheeses so I nicked the bagels out of her trolley as I walked by👌
This made me laugh!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not super petty, but back in school I pretended to trip over and spilled hot chocolate all over the girl I disliked. The chocolate wasn’t really hot, but it ruined her white shirt and she had to spend the rest of the day wearing her gym clothes. She had it coming, she was mean to my friends and thought herself much more important than she was.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
In my old office job there was a guy from nightshift that used to sit at my desk (I was dayshift). One morning I went in to some nail clippings on the desk, thought this was disgusting but maybe he forgot to put them in the bin? Next day more appeared. Then the next more nail clippings chilling on my desk. I wrote a note asking him not to do this and if he did, could he please pick them up. Next day there was a bundle scattered over the desk and postit note binned. My manager said they'd sort it but every day more appeared and I was thinking surely he's getting everyone in the office to cut their nails and leave them on the desk. I got that pissed off I started putting them all onto a bit of paper and hid it behind the computer. Few days later I was finishing my shift so put all the clippings over the desk and chair. I sent a cheeky email to the operations manager, my manager and the guys manager then Ccd the said guy in the saying how disgusting this was, how he's managing to breed fingernails as more kept appearing after I asked him to stop this and if they could take the matter into their own hands. Few days later a mass email came out to everyone in the office on basic hygiene and telling people not to cut their nails at their desk 😂 absolute manky behaviour

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I saw a video online recently of a woman who said that since she split with her ex 4 years ago, every time she’s ever had to put an email in for something, she puts his email, so he’s been added to loads and loads of bullshit email subscriptions over the last four years 😂😂 wish I’d thought of that - I’ve moved country now so I’m pretty sure my ex would catch on if he randomly started getting emails from companies from the country I’m in…but if any of you are looking for a petty opportunity 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Ringing noise control or whatever the duck it's called to report some neighbors I've never met because they're loud cunts having a party. It's not even that late but I'm tired and It's been going on all day and it's bleeping annoying and spilling onto the street. 🤭

ETA: I will be posting a rape alarm without the key through their postbox I'm the morning. If I can't enjoy some peace and relax now, duck your Sunday lie in Wayne & Waynetta xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I used to live in England and pre covid moved to to the states, started going out with this guy really coz I was a bit bored and he was really into me (never again lol) and we ended up staying together in quarantine because my flatmates weren’t taking covid seriously and he invited me to come over. Was actually good for about two months until he started moaning about how he wanted to break the rules to party with people as his mental health was really suffering. At the time there was a strict stay at home order in California. He called me from work a week a later and said we should go to his work mate’s house because they’re all being safe and he wanted to drink with people. I told him duck no and I’d leave his place, anyway he came home shitfaced from work (?!) and screamed at me and told me to pack my things and go. He went out to his mates and packed all my things. When I did a final scan of his room I saw his unemployment card, basically a card from the government with his furlough pay on. He was working part time and wasn’t collecting much money from it so I nabbed it off his desk simply because the hassle of cancelling the card and reordering one is a massive pain in the arse 🤣

Edit: I should of done worse he was a nightmare 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ex left owing me a load of money he couldnt repay as he was skint, but he wanted to pick up his passport to take the woman he cheated with on holiday.

I very carefully removed the photo page and gave it back. Thick duck didnt notice until he got to check in, and still hasnt worked out what happened.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
My other half is a pain in the arse!! he takes off pants & socks & just chucks them behind the bedroom door or leaves them on the floor in the bathroom...
so I decided that after a week of not picking his tit up and me telling him only stuff in the wash basket gets washed I was going to hide them until he ran out 😂😂 it’s been 2 weeks and they are still in a bin bag in the airing cupboard. He’s only just realised and had to make a mad dash to go get some spares. he can’t work out where any of them have gone... bleeping idiot 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Ex left owing me a load of money he couldnt repay as he was skint, but he wanted to pick up his passport to take the woman he cheated with on holiday.

I very carefully removed the photo page and gave it back. Thick duck didnt notice until he got to check in, and still hasnt worked out what happened.
I wish I was there to see his reaction at check-in. More importantly how did his new girlfriend react. Did she go by herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My friend stole keys from a teacher in middle school and a group of us helped her hide them

In secondary school I stole a bottle of wine from the music teachers store cupboard and me and a friend smashed the top off to drink it, yeah we failed and both ended up with red wine all over our white shirts and had to spray tit loads of perfume to cover it up (we never got caught)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Broke up with a bloke had been seeing for a few months, he has my Netflix account so I’ve put PIN number on it so he can’t watch it anymore & blocked him, I’m a petty witch!

I also once took the padlock to my workplace home (my ex husband also works there) he was looking for it everywhere & had to make a mad dash to a local locksmith to buy a new one, the padlock turned up behind a box a few days later oops 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.