What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Up at 5am, showered, dressed, final breakfast
final bit of packing
binned perishable foods and flowers
Tattled and checked emails
Dropped off car at friend's home just down the road, who will look after it for the next 5 months
Final checks
Just waiting for friend to pick me up to drive to Carlisle train station for 12:08 to London Heathrow
Checking and rechecking train, plane tickets, passport and PCR certificates in my handbag
Trying to remember I haven't forgotten anything (like bloody phone charges - must remember!)
Shutting down this laptop
And then just wait.
Cheerio for now x
safe journey

Up at 5am, showered, dressed, final breakfast
final bit of packing
binned perishable foods and flowers
Tattled and checked emails
Dropped off car at friend's home just down the road, who will look after it for the next 5 months
Final checks
Just waiting for friend to pick me up to drive to Carlisle train station for 12:08 to London Heathrow
Checking and rechecking train, plane tickets, passport and PCR certificates in my handbag
Trying to remember I haven't forgotten anything (like bloody phone charges - must remember!)
Shutting down this laptop
And then just wait.
Cheerio for now x
Have a great flight. I have to admit I’m slightly jealous that you’re jetting off somewhere!

Reactions: 1
I made a cheese and red onion loaf yesterday evening. Big big mistake.
The entire house reeks of the most foul bad feet. Its bloody freezing and I'm sitting here shivering watching dinner date with every window open. It seems to have permeated through the entire house. My daughter's room is in the attic and when I went to wake her this morning she said' what's that bad smell' 😬.
It came alright and tastes okay but I used two cheeses and one was extra mature 🤦🧀
Maybe there should be a thread on cooking disasters.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What have I done today? I have finished work for the year! 🥳

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely don’t have the hardest job or work the longest hours. However, I work in school transport so it’s not been without its challenges this year! 😅

Had asked other half to go and do the afternoon school run as wasn’t sure if I’d be able to get work finished in time. I actually have although I’ve not told him that, ha. I’m in and out this evening anyway picking up the food shop and doing gymnastics drop off/pick ups so thought I’d save myself one of the trips.

This evening aside from the above I am going to be eating chocolate, drinking prosecco and slobbing in my cosies. Tomorrow and Sunday are for last minute jobs before Christmas.

It’s my final day of work today! I’ve not had any leave since April - doing a PhD isn’t a taxing job compared to front line workers, retail staff and everyone else who has been hard at work this year. But I need a break nonetheless!

Woke up at 8, had a coffee
Sent some emails / set up my out of office
Did a leg workout with my weights / 30 min spin on my exercise bike
Had some soup for dinner
Started putting my books/notes away - I don’t want to look at them over Christmas
Currently waiting for an Argos delivery whilst Tattling & eating a bar of Galaxy!

I made a cheese and red onion loaf yesterday evening. Big big mistake.
The entire house reeks of the most foul bad feet. Its bloody freezing and I'm sitting here shivering watching dinner date with every window open. It seems to have permeated through the entire house. My daughter's room is in the attic and when I went to wake her this morning she said' what's that bad smell' 😬.
It came alright and tastes okay but I used two cheeses and one was extra mature 🤦🧀
Maybe there should be a thread on cooking disasters.
Sounds lovely to me. Have you got a smelly candle you can light?

I've finally tidied my dining room completely back to a dining room, it's been a home office since March. Out of office is on and I'm ready for a break. Fajitas tonight then watch Grand Tour with the kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've finally tidied my dining room completely back to a dining room, it's been a home office since March.
Ohh, I'll be doing the same in my living room next week. I cannot wait!! I'm fed up of looking at my work stuff every evening and weekend.

Reactions: 2
Woke up
I did some work and then had a shower
Went for a hollywood and brow wax (owww)
Bought some wrapping paper, gift bag and last minute things
Came home and had some tea and toast
Did some more work
Ended up on tattle
Going over to bfs place tonight (we both still live at home)

6:45am wake up, not bad considering i went to bed at 8.30 last night
Just potted round in the morning with the baby and my mil came round. She's our bubble. Had a brew with her and then my fella came back and we had another brew
She left and my fella went the shop. I bathed baby and put him to bed, now catching up with Emmerdale

Bought and am drinking more Caribbean Crush Lucozade. To the other poster who said that's one of the nicest drinks ever-I totally agree!

• Heart
Had the best night sleep for ages
Then later, ceiling in bedroom is leaking, the weather has been awful down here so have spent most of day trying to sort that out
My oh is struggling cos he was laid off 2 weeks ago, I'm struggling trying to keep it all together

• Heart
  • Sad
6:45am wake up, not bad considering i went to bed at 8.30 last night
Just potted round in the morning with the baby and my mil came round. She's our bubble. Had a brew with her and then my fella came back and we had another brew
She left and my fella went the shop. I bathed baby and put him to bed, now catching up with Emmerdale
This is completely off topic but how did you get your avatar? I’ve seen a few members with similar ones - is it an app you’ve used to do it?

Currently getting my hair cut and coloured, then food shop and home to do nothing!

• Heart
But of a panic this morning. Son injured his arm last week, sustaining a nasty cut/graze. We cleaned it up and all seemed okay except overnight it’s swollen up quite badly and looks infected. One call to the fantastic NHS Direct Service and we’ve already got an appointment at our local minor injuries unit secured. Son must be in pain for him to agree to let me call for advice!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
World record forme today managed to go to sleep after my midnight shift at 5am and got up at 9 😀 and I was quality sleep! Got to get my arse in gear though need to go into town get some ingredients for shortbread and stuff to decorate it with activity planned with stepdaughter last time I saw her have seen for 2week and she will be a big girl just had her birthday Thursday. Can't wait to see and hear her happy 😍. Tidy up too before she comes fresh bedding on the bed etc. Bake with her, get her to help me cook her tea if her dad doesn't decide she's having mc mucky. Read her the new christmas alidi book and cuddle talking about Christmas till she says she ready to be left in bed

But of a panic this morning. Son injured his arm last week, sustaining a nasty cut/graze. We cleaned it up and all seemed okay except overnight it’s swollen up quite badly and looks infected. One call to the fantastic NHS Direct Service and we’ve already got an appointment at our local minor injuries unit secured. Son must be in pain for him to agree to let me call for advice!
Hope he gets sorted fast xx

• Heart
Woke up around 8, had a lie in for the next half an hour scrolling on my instagram. Got up, had breakfast with some cheese, toast and a spoonful of honey. I sat down on my computer to look at some art and craft inspiration and catch up on a few messages on social media. Read a really beautiful sentence in a short story and noted it down. Played Sims for a while. It's been (thankfully) a quiet morning. I'm planning to have lunch now and read afterwards.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.