What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good evening
Back in England and home
A very long, hectic and stress-filled 24 hours, but in summary:-
Flight from J'Burg to Paris was delayed due to assholes who hadn't provided the correct Covid paperwork and kicking up a fuss, plus twats on the plane not wearing masks causing anguish to others
4 hours of having to hang around CDG airport in Paris for my connecting flight to London
Flight was delayed by almost half hour due to air traffic problems over French aerospace
Arrived at heathrow 20 minutes late due to problems at T2 at Heathrow
Long delays at security and baggage
Missed my flight to Manchester, no further flights until Monday
caught Tube to Russell Square, and walked to Euston Station
Caught 1:05pm London to Carlisle train, arrived at around 5pm
Caught local train to my neck of the woods in the Lake District
Caught taxi to my local village but shops were shut
Arrived home at 7:15. House is fine thanks to friend keeping an eye out over the last few weeks
Lots of mail, christmas cards and parcels, but nothing fresh in the fridge, no milk or bread, and chest freezer empty as planned before I left.
Gagging for a hot cup of tea/coffee, but I do have wine!!!
Going to put my electric blanket on, take a shower, go to bed and self isolate for the next 10 days
Feels like I could sleep for that long too.
Night all xx
great to hear that! do you have someone to do your food shopping for you?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Another big lie in, then up and showered with a hair wash. Had chocolate croissants for breakfast.

Had the usual family Zoom call. My Grandma and Grandad had their vaccines on Friday ☺ My Grandad said, “they were very friendly there, I’d go again!” 😂 he makes me laugh.

Brought everyone up to speed with the latest wedding info and they told me to stay strong and get back to the venue ASAP, so I felt motivated to get on with doing that.

Me and the other half sat down and wrote a response to our venue. It took over an hour but I felt like it was well put together. He was reading all the legal stuff and I was putting it altogether so I felt like we were a great team 🥰 I said hopefully sometime in 2022, we’ll be sat in our own house, married and all of this will be a distant memory. (We are hoping to use the money we get back from the wedding for a house deposit).

We started making dinner and then I played on the Ring Fit with the youngest. Then we all played a few games.

Had dinner, squared up and took stepson home. Came back and watched DOI while I wrapped my mum’s birthday presents and made a meal plan. Need to stop eating so much junk, starting from tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good evening
Back in England and home
A very long, hectic and stress-filled 24 hours, but in summary:-
Flight from J'Burg to Paris was delayed due to assholes who hadn't provided the correct Covid paperwork and kicking up a fuss, plus twats on the plane not wearing masks causing anguish to others
4 hours of having to hang around CDG airport in Paris for my connecting flight to London
Flight was delayed by almost half hour due to air traffic problems over French aerospace
Arrived at heathrow 20 minutes late due to problems at T2 at Heathrow
Long delays at security and baggage
Missed my flight to Manchester, no further flights until Monday
caught Tube to Russell Square, and walked to Euston Station
Caught 1:05pm London to Carlisle train, arrived at around 5pm
Caught local train to my neck of the woods in the Lake District
Caught taxi to my local village but shops were shut
Arrived home at 7:15. House is fine thanks to friend keeping an eye out over the last few weeks
Lots of mail, christmas cards and parcels, but nothing fresh in the fridge, no milk or bread, and chest freezer empty as planned before I left.
Gagging for a hot cup of tea/coffee, but I do have wine!!!
Going to put my electric blanket on, take a shower, go to bed and self isolate for the next 10 days
Feels like I could sleep for that long too.
Night all xx
Glad your home. The journey from London to Lakes is a witch. I didn't even know there was a train from Carlisle that late on a Sunday.

Enjoy your deserved sleep!

• Heart
Had a lovely walk round the park with the baby and got him on the swings. He loves them. Another 4 steps today 🤩 he'll be proper walking in no time. When we got in from the park we had butties and just relaxed. Mr watermelon sugar watched the game and I had a nice 90 mins just me and the baby

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for the warm welcome back comments (y)

I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and didn't wake up again until 9am this morning!
I went to the loo in the middle of the night but my addled brain was confused and I thought I was still at my parent's house and ended up walking into my storage cupboard!
Because I'm being a good law-abiding person I didn't go out for my usual run this morning and continued to self-isolate
Managed to get a Morrisons delivery for Wednesday at 9pm, so ordered a shedload of stuff
My friend came round and dropped off my car she'd been looking after in my absence. She also handed me a bag full of essentials such as milk and bread while we chatted through my kitchen window
Opened all my mail, parcels and the odd Christmas present
Text my g/f to say I was safely back home. She wanted to come over but I told her she won't be able to for another 10 days.
Stripped the bed and did a shedload of washing
Went into my back garden to top up the bird feeders, and then quickly realised I was definitely back in England because it was friggin' cold!
This time last week it was 34C in J'Burg, and yet this morning here in the Lake District it was just 1C at 10am
It was so cold in fact that I'm sure my nipples dropped off and rolled down the garden path! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Woke at 5am again, 1.5 hours before my alarm. Other half was awake too so he ran me a nice bath and we had a chat.
Made our lunches for work then set off for work. Been here all day, can't wait to finish and spend the evening in front of the telly. Hollyoaks then netflix I reckon

• Heart
Reactions: 3
woke up around 6, tried to go back to sleep but couldn't, eventually got up at 7:30
went downstairs as my dad brought me some of my mum's homemade bread and bolognese sauce to freeze
when i came back home, opened all windows for some fresh air as if it finally stopped raining and straight under the shower
had a nice shower, washed my hair, dried my hair, brushed my teeth etc. got ready for the day
had breakfast and coffee and then headed to see my boss at her house to do some work together
worked and had lunch there together, between 9:30 and 14:30, then walked home in the rain ☔
got myself some m&m's on the way back as i was feeling exhausted from social interaction with my boss and my clients 😂
actually mostly i was exhausted from communicating with a very non-collegial business partner
tidied the place a bit and then bf came home from work also so we played 1 round of league of legends
continued working with a cup of tea and now tattling in between some more work
later i will disconnect from everything when i wrap up a few more emails and cook something nice for dinner

Thanks for the warm welcome back comments (y)

I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and didn't wake up again until 9am this morning!
I went to the loo in the middle of the night but my addled brain was confused and I thought I was still at my parent's house and ended up walking into my storage cupboard!
Because I'm being a good law-abiding person I didn't go out for my usual run this morning and continued to self-isolate
Managed to get a Morrisons delivery for Wednesday at 9pm, so ordered a shedload of stuff
My friend came round and dropped off my car she'd been looking after in my absence. She also handed me a bag full of essentials such as milk and bread while we chatted through my kitchen window
Opened all my mail, parcels and the odd Christmas present
Text my g/f to say I was safely back home. She wanted to come over but I told her she won't be able to for another 10 days.
Stripped the bed and did a shedload of washing
Went into my back garden to top up the bird feeders, and then quickly realised I was definitely back in England because it was friggin' cold!
This time last week it was 34C in J'Burg, and yet this morning here in the Lake District it was just 1C at 10am
It was so cold in fact that I'm sure my nipples dropped off and rolled down the garden path! :LOL:
Your journey home sounded relentless but I’m pleased you are back safe and sound. Time is your own now for the next week or so, so you can enjoy being home. The change in temperature must be a massive shock to the system. Out of interest were your flights full?

Your journey home sounded relentless but I’m pleased you are back safe and sound. Time is your own now for the next week or so, so you can enjoy being home. The change in temperature must be a massive shock to the system. Out of interest were your flights full?
Yes, both flights were fully occupied as far as I could see. And when I got to Terminal 2 at Heathrow, it too was rammed with arrivals - complete chaos and long queues everywhere!

And yes it is bloody cold :LOL:

Had my college class online this morning as normal, afternoon one was cancelled.
Took the dog to the park.
Rest of the day is pretty much just finishing whatever bits of coursework I have left and then getting ready for bed I suppose.

Wake up, have breakfast, dust the rest of the flat, work work work, have lunch, and suddenly it because blissfully quiet everywhere, can't say why. I enjoyed a good few hours taking it slow, work was quiet and not much happened until the end of day apart from emails. Had ginger tea in the afternoon, pasta for an early dinner and now I'm watching Pretty Woman and having some chocolate. Not bad for a Monday.

Wake up, have breakfast, dust the rest of the flat, work work work, have lunch, and suddenly it because blissfully quiet everywhere, can't say why. I enjoyed a good few hours taking it slow, work was quiet and not much happened until the end of day apart from emails. Had ginger tea in the afternoon, pasta for an early dinner and now I'm watching Pretty Woman and having some chocolate. Not bad for a Monday.
You can't fool me!

You woke up at 11am, did 7 minutes of dusting (flicking a duster around, in other words), thought about getting the vacuum cleaner out, but then got distracted by a bar of chocolate, and then decided to put your feet up watching Pretty Woman after a hard morning looking in the fridge for something nice to eat :LOL:

• Haha
Glad you’re back safe @Mulholland Drive! Jealous of you living in the Lake District, it’s so beautiful.

My day has consisted of sitting at my desk for almost 8 hours non stop - apart from the odd walk around the landing and stretch. I signed up to do some paid worked along my PhD studies, to add captions to lectures for those online learning. It’s taken me SOOOOOO LONG as the system was slow. I’m so achy and tired now after staring at a screen. Hardly been on Tattle 😂

Going to have a soak in the bath, grab some food and get in bed!

Glad you’re back safe @Mulholland Drive! Jealous of you living in the Lake District, it’s so beautiful.

My day has consisted of sitting at my desk for almost 8 hours non stop - apart from the odd walk around the landing and stretch. I signed up to do some paid worked along my PhD studies, to add captions to lectures for those online learning. It’s taken me SOOOOOO LONG as the system was slow. I’m so achy and tired now after staring at a screen. Hardly been on Tattle 😂

Going to have a soak in the bath, grab some food and get in bed!
Hope you feel better soon! Have been reading your posts on here over the last few days and that you haven't been feeling too good.

A nice hot bath, plenty of hot drinks and a comfy bed will help

Get well soon x

You can't fool me!

You woke up at 11am, did 7 minutes of dusting (flicking a duster around, in other words), thought about getting the vacuum cleaner out, but then got distracted by a bar of chocolate, and then decided to put your feet up watching Pretty Woman after a hard morning looking in the fridge for something nice to eat :LOL:
I did the equivalent of that for the past 10 days, Mondays are for pretending to be an adult 😂

Up at 8am
Run
Shower
Lunch
Walked the dog
Housework
Watched at episode of Bridgerton
About to make curry for tea.

Went to work but we got sent home at 3.15 pm (usual finish time is 4.30 pm) to help people having trouble travelling in the heavy snow we currently have here in north Leicestershire.

Woke up at 10
Fed kitten
Cleaned whole flat
Sat doing nothing all day
Made dinner
-2 and icy so didn't fancy a walk. Kitten didn't want to play much either she was in and out all day.

☹ I really can't wait to start my new job.

• Heart
Changed beds hoovered dusted, cleaned bathroom and 7loads of washing. Walked to farmfoods got loads of veg on the offers, some steam fresh meals to take to work and some pop. Had a long hot bath. Waiting for tea yellow sticker marks and spencers Cumberland pie ive had in freezer was only £2 and its massive with sprouts carrots and green beans (peas for him he doesnt eat more than one sprout). Then im going to iron all clothes in my wardrobe because it gets me out of way upstairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.