What have you done today? #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone

Just having a bit of a freaky fit about my car viewing. Hoping I’m not driving home like this

Have a good day! X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey all, hope you’re having a good Saturday.

I’m in such a bad mood today; think it’s OH’s mission in life to piss me off every weekend. Last weekend it was over getting a new car tyre, this weekend it’s about our plans for today. Apparently I’m supposed to be able to read minds, didn’t know I’d changed my name to Derren bleeping Brown! 😤

Anyway, yesterday was fine. The little one was my sidekick for the day. Plodded around cleaning up, doing laundry, changing beds and feeding him snacks every two bloomin’ minutes. He kept calling me “babe” yesterday which was so funny. He would say things like “love you babe” “yes babe” “thanks babe.” Was very cute. He and I went to pick up eldest from school, and I had a chat with eldest’s teacher at the gate. We headed home and eldest kept going about how he was excited to go to the fireworks show. I was like:

The kids don’t usually like fireworks, they have sensory processing disorder and loud noises have always been a no-no (unless they’re making them ofc). So we never do anything for bonfire night as a result. Anyway he just wouldn’t let it go. The fireworks started, had all 3 of the cats tucked away upstairs with Classic FM on the Alexa (they were running a pet sound session specifically for Guy Fawkes, I swear we are uncultured swines). Kids seemed unfazed by fireworks and eldest still kept going about a show starting. OH gets home and I ask him about it. Apparently he’d been talking to eldest about going to a display. We decided as he was so interested, to go and give it a chance (brought the ear defenders but surprisingly didn’t need them). We stayed for about 30-40 minutes without any complaints, but the little one was getting tired and it was freezing so we came home and got them ready for bed. I wanted to get caught up with TV in bed but ended up falling asleep halfway through Corrie. 😴

The weather is tragic and I still have a bad back, but have to do a food shop and visit my nana after getting a telling off for not bringing them last weekend. Oops 🙊

Have a good day everyone, sorry for the waffle 🧇 x

• Heart
Hi everyone. I’ve been at the car dealership for 4 HOURS and I still don’t have my car 🙃🙃🙃🙃

• Sad
  • Heart
....I AM HOME from the car dealership. What an absolute shitshow of a day.

I won't go into detail but basically, the dealership got my employment details wrong. This is even though I stated what I do for a living (I do a PhD, don't think I've ever mentioned that 😆). Basically they had me down as UNEMPLOYED so were struggling to understand my situation re: financing a car. It's taken them 5 HOURS to amend my employment status from unemployed.. to employed... to student... to employed!

The good news is, the car is mine! The bad news is, I have go back to the dealership on Monday to sign the paperwork and drive it home!

Honestly 5 hours in a car dealership has made me go loopy. I was in an office made of glass walls, I felt like Sherry from S3 You! The salesman dealing with me was a bit cocky to start with, classic salesman vibes. As the day went on, he mellowed a bit. In the end he offered to give me a lift home which I thought was really sweet if a bit forward 🤣 We got talking in his car and he's really nice. He's giving me a ring tomorrow to give me an update on my car and appointment for Monday... 🙃

I am absolutely drained and starving. I wasn't going to order a takeaway tonight but sod it! I also need a VERY large drink.

Hope you have all had good days! x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey guyyyyyzzz,

@under the ivy I’m frustrated for you about the car situation! So pleased it’s yours though, it’ll be so exciting once you get it 🥳

@LittleMy that’s very cute about LittlestMy calling you babe 🥰 it’s funny the things they pick up!

Yesterday we nipped into town with the hope of finding the young one a Victorian boys outfit. We had a right result! Managed to get some trousers, a white shirt, a waistcoat and a flat cap for £10.50 from charity shops. He tried it all on yesterday and I think he looks great! Just going to get some long socks for him to tuck the trousers into and hopefully some braces. Very impressed with our findings though.

We then went bowling. The girl has been a little tit challenge at school recently. Constantly gets negative marks, no shits given 🤦🏼‍♀️ she’s been spoken to by us and her mum and she’s had a massive improvement this week, so we said we could go bowling as a little reward. Positive reinforcement and all that.

Last night we went to see Jimmy Carr with my BIL and his wife so that was nice.

Today we’re just staying in - homework, housework, chilling. We’re currently watching the last series of Wentworth. Every time we watch another series I’m reminded of how good it is. Definitely one of my favourite series and I’d recommend it! We’ve watched 7 episodes since Fri night so flying through. Can’t wait to watch more!

• Heart
Hey everyone it's been awhile

Im rarely posting and just being nosey these days! All i did today was scrapbooking and colouring nothing exicting

Hope everyone is well 💜💜💜

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I got this today (well yesterday now as it’s past midnight) 🤩 I actually ran a marathon arrghhh - I almost can’t believe it!

6CA23B93-F88A-4379-AD95-4F844109602B.jpeg

Way too tired to write anytime else but will update properly tomorrow!

• Heart
@Cocoflowers nice to hear from you 💕

@GoofyPrincess WELL DONE! 👏🏻 Amazing achievement! I bet you feel so happy. And also very tired and achey?! 😅 looking forward to hearing all about it 🥳

• Heart
well my days going great so far…
delivery driver crashed into my car as i was leaving my house and i have an exam at 9am… good god😂🥴

• Wow
  • Sad
well my days going great so far…
delivery driver crashed into my car as i was leaving my house and i have an exam at 9am… good god😂🥴
Jesus! 😳 Hope you’re ok! Did you make your exam?

So I got this today (well yesterday now as it’s past midnight) 🤩 I actually ran a marathon arrghhh - I almost can’t believe it!

View attachment 853238

Way too tired to write anytime else but will update properly tomorrow!
Well done, that’s amazing! Your hard work paid off, you should be so proud of yourself ❤ 🥳

Hey everyone it's been awhile

Im rarely posting and just being nosey these days! All i did today was scrapbooking and colouring nothing exicting

Hope everyone is well 💜💜💜
Hope you’re keeping well lovely 💗☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
OMG @GoofyPrincess well done!! That’s a huge achievement! I hope you are resting now 🍷

I’ve had the day from hell yet again in the car dealership. My car was meant to be ready today and I had an appointment at 10am. I took the morning off work especially. Guess what..

THE CAR WASN’T READY. I was absolutely fuming. They told me to come back in a few hours. I was like ‘and go where?’. I ended up walking down a busy main road and found a Tesco. Ended up roaming around there for an hour, buying tit like a face mask, a car air freshener and dishwasher cleaner 🤣. Rang the car shop… nope car still not ready. Ok I thought, I’ll walk to the Lidl I walked past on my way to Tesco. Walked around Lidl and got a cheese twist & brownie from the bakery - absolute god send because I hadn’t had breakfast. I then sat on a bench in a random park I found eating my Lidl baked goods 🥲 I felt like crying. The car shop is over an hour away from where I live so it wasn’t a case of just going back home again.

I rang the car shop again and I stated my case. They told me the car wouldn’t be ready today… even though they told me it would be. I kicked off big time over the phone. I’ve ended up getting a free tank of petrol and a free valet. I decided to make my way home via 2 buses in Bradford (lovely place… 🙃😂). I cried so much when I got home. That’s the 2nd bad experience I’ve had at the car dealership. I’ve spoken to the car shop this afternoon and I’m DEFINITELY getting the car in a few days time… but I won’t believe it until I’ve got the keys 🤣

I’m sorry for the long post but duck me. Ordered a Chinese for tea as I’m fed up & now I’m in bed already. Going to finish Maid hopefully.

I hope you’ve all had a better Monday than I have! X

• Heart
  • Sad
@under the ivy what an absolute s*** show. You’ll be zooming down south before you know!
@GoofyPrincess wow my smoking lungs wouldn’t make my to the end of the road😂that’s amazing

The weather has been hit and miss, I got so bored the night Before that I got trashed (they seem to serve pints of Prosecco at the pool bar..) I passed out on the sofa and woke up at 4am to crawl to bed 😂
Yesterday I just needed all the carbs and sleep, soldiered through with a breakfast Bacardi breezer and went and tried electric scooters which was fun, went out for tapas as passed out watching a film quite early.
today has been lovely, had a beach day and a sea swim, I think I’m finally over the booze. Sat playing sh*t head with some pina colada’s and liver defo hates me. It’s 10pm and I need my bed!

Attachments

• Heart
@nbt 💖

@LittleMy honestly im just keeping myself busy by scrapbooking and colouring on my days off thats what getting me through things hope you are well to lovely 💜💜

All i did today was have a shower colouring all day and being on my phone 🙃 and just spent the last hour finding my watch which i still can't find i only track my steps when im at work i dont really use it otherwise just annoyed at myself that i can't find it 🙃 now ive got to try and sleep before work zz

Hope everyone has a good week 💜💜

• Heart
Hi guys

Thought i would pop on and say hello. I've been reading and keeping up with your updates but happy lurking these days 👀👀

Lots of changes in the meanie household but I'm not sure what updates I've already added. The Mr is awaiting a start date on his dream job (probation officer) and i got a job!!!!
Been out of work for 10 yrs so this is a huge deal. Yesterday was my official start date but still waiting on DBS checks 😢😢

Anyway i hope you are all well 😘😘

• Heart
Congratulations @Meangirl815 🥳 that’s great for you and Mr Mean!

@under the ivy still annoyed for you! Deffo think a complaint is needed once you have your car. Hopefully this will soon be a distant memory and you’ll be yeeting around all over the place.

@OutrageouslyScarlet beautiful pics 🥰 hope you had a Pina Colada for me!

Yesterday was mainly a housework day.

• Made a slow cooker chilli for dinners this week
• Tidied and dusted the bedroom
• Put summer stuff away
• Got out winter PJs - anyone else have summer and winter pjs?!
• Squared up downstairs

After the school run my stepdad came round and we played the Cat game with the boy. Had really tasty halloumi flatbreads for tea and then we caught up on Gogglebox. I read some more in bed, have really struggled with it recently but hopefully once I finish this book the next one will keep my interest more.

So far this morning I’ve popped to Asda to get a few bits. Then today is rabbit hutch cleaning and ironing.

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesdays x

• Heart
Congrats on yours and your husbands jobs @Meangirl815 !

I have summer & winter pyjamas also @nbt 🤣 It feels very Monica of me.

Today I’ve got a meeting with my PhD supervisors then I have a Tesco delivery coming. I’ll be doing work in between those, so quite a boring Tuesday!

• Heart
@Meangirl815 Lovely to hear from you and huge congratulations on both your jobs 🥳 Hope you are doing well!

@under the ivy I can't believe all the hassle you've had with the car - but you'll soon have it and you'll forget all about it. So excited for you 😀

@OutrageouslyScarlet Loving your pictures 😎

@Cocoflowers Lovely to see you posting again, hope you're keeping well 💛

@LittleMy Hope you are your boys are good ❤

The past couple of days have been such a whirlwind and I was in so much pain I couldn't function properly yesterday so haven't got round to updating but will try post later today :)

• Heart