What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone!

Had a busy few days here.

Sunday was spent in a slightly hungover state after the wedding. Managed to drag ourselves out in good time to go to a kids adventure park type thing. Mind you, the boy was pretty tired after playing football with some other kids all night at the wedding, so none of us had much energy. We left there a little earlier than planned and drove into Harrogate.

Popped to a couple of shops and managed to get some conditioner samples in Lush. Aaaah my godddd, the Candy Rain is seriously good. Smells AMAZING and my hair felt so healthy and soft afterwards.

Found a nice bar that was serv roast dinners that my hungover self was craving, so we tucked in.
3B1A4358-36FB-4924-8CCC-A4B557A29A3C.jpeg

I’ll update with more later otherwise my post will be a mile long 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
3 bottles later. £40 lighter and 6 hours after my original post ( 8 hours) in the bloody pub.. read 5 pages of my book but spoke to about 10 different people 😂😂😂... ffs . Very drunk and Mr Duck pointing out I was on my supposed to be out for 2 hours and to bring back dinner
Neither transpired

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Cleaning flat, stripping wallpaper ready to decorate, gonna finish the garden and then at work 5.30 til 9.30 and then probably watch a movie or something

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel silly struggling when people here are going through so much worse but it's probably better to get it out of my head - I feel dreadful. I've felt rubbish for the past couple of weeks and I've tried to stay positive but I just keep sinking lower and I really don't know what to do. I'm terrified that I'm going to end up back where I was in March and that fear is making me feel worse but it feels like I'm heading that way again.

So I'm going to just try and focus on listing the positive things, even if they're silly tiny things to help me try and keep my head above water and in the hopes that it gets me to fill my days with good tiny things rather than trying to focus on the bigger picture.

Yesterday
- Had a meal
- Organised a leaving do for my colleague at work

Today (so far)
- Watched some Friends while at work
- Struggling but focused a bit

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@AnderbeauJohnson never feel silly for struggling & never feel silly for sharing. We're all going through different things no matter how tough but we're all here for eachother! I hope you start feeling better soon, we got your back 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
heyyyallll

still feeling like tit

delayed my alarm this morning for 2 hours, then jumped on the laptop as i barely had time to prepare for my meeting, showed up to the meeting looking like a trainwreck 😅

worked for a bit in the office then home, ate leftover chinese for lunch which made me feel sick, i wish i had more time to cook

my bank account hates me, i'm waiting for a lot of payments which just won't seem to come

my bf is irritating the hell out of me even though he's been so lovely with unpacking, washing laundry and cleaning the flat, and i feel guilty for it

anyway now i just got ready to go to a proposal we're doing tonight, i'm surrounded by so many joyous things but nothing makes me happy!

after that i'm grabbing a drink with some friends (which i postponed yesterday) - needless to say i'm still not feeling up for it today but i can't cancel again

can't wait for bed 😩 sorry for the whiny post 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hey, hope everyone’s doing alright (big hugs to anyone who needs one today). 💗

Today was much less hectic than yesterday, but I still feel so drained.

-Woke up and my calves were sore and stiff from all the walking up and down hills that I did yesterday; felt older than my age. 👵🏻
-Did the school drop-off. Was told at the nursery there was a mixup and youngest was fine to stay the full day until 3pm instead of being picked up early as I was wrongly informed. Information that would have helped a lot yesterday but whatever. 🙃
-Came home and made a cuppa, chatted to some friends online, Tattled some. Then decided to give the place a tidy up and mop the floors. Got Alexa to play an 80’s playlist and was having a wee kitchen dance party to myself when somebody knocked at the door. It was the guy came to do the gas safety check. Bloody forgot about it didn’t I? 😬 🙈
-Gas safety guy leaves and my OH pulls into the driveway just after. He had a half day today. We jumped in the car and went a drive to Aldi to pick up something for dinner, then swung by Starbucks (he won a £15 gift card at work). He treated me to a cookies and cream frappe…

E67536EC-5C9B-4474-9F91-BEC987A4905A.jpeg

-We headed back to the school to pick the kids up. Our eldest was crying when he came out, his support worker said he just became upset and couldn’t tell them why and he didn’t want to do anything towards the end of the day. 😢 Youngest had a good day, but he stole two magnetic letters from the nursery 😂 (he’ll be returning them tomorrow).
-Came home and we had a telephone consultation with the paediatrician regarding youngest’s recent autism assessment and the outcome. He received his diagnosis today as we were expecting. I’m ok at the moment but it can just hit me out of the blue so no doubt I’ll be in tears at some point in the next few days. Not because it’s the end of the world (it’s really not) but because I feel sad that my sons both have the struggles that they do and some irrational part of me believes it’s my fault. Better out than in I guess. 😕
-Just had Cajun chicken and chorizo pasta for dinner, it was so good, then going to bath the kids and watch Love Island once they’re settled in bed. I’m finding the LI threads on here more entertaining than the show itself. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Felt worse
  • Binge spent to try and feel better (what's done is done, at least it's on one-off usable stuff (colouring markers/pens) rather than food I guess)
  • Left work 90 minutes early because I couldn't cope (I'll make up the time this week)
  • Had a nap
  • Feel a fair bit better after my nap
  • Got a chip shop tea
  • Going to let myself wallow tonight but starting tomorrow I'm fighting back. I've come so far that I'm not going to let myself go back down without a fight.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hey, Hope everybody’s having a good day 💕

My day started with me thinking I heard my alarm, but then thought well it’s stopped so I must be dreaming..at 8:30 little peaches come in and says ‘mummy your phone was ringing so I pressed STOP NOT SNOOZE, can I have breakfast now please?’ Then I was in the shower and he comes in and goes ‘WHY ARE YOU NAKED?’ erm cos I’m in the shower!? THEN as I’m getting dressed he says ‘Are those your knickers? Why are you wearing white knickers. I like those knickers.. daddy did you know mummy’s knickers are white’ 🤣🤣 honestly all this before 9am.

Did some work and got in a strop over not being able to take holiday when I want it. I’m over it now. Sort of 😅

There’s just under 3 weeks left of the summer holidays for us so did a lot of chatting with little peaches on going into year 1, he’s not always good with change but the school sent us some pictures on what’s different in year 1 which helps a lot. Trying to prepare him so it’s not a traumatic return.

Did 10,000 steps for the first time in MONTHS. Feel good for it. Second day of no snacks and it’s killing me inside 😩

Having jacket potato and salad for dinner and a lazy evening which is basically what I do every evening. Might try and attempt to get into my laptop that I still can’t get into but it’ll only wind me up 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
  • Felt worse
  • Binge spent to try and feel better (what's done is done, at least it's on one-off usable stuff (colouring markers/pens) rather than food I guess)
  • Left work 90 minutes early because I couldn't cope (I'll make up the time this week)
  • Had a nap
  • Feel a fair bit better after my nap
  • Got a chip shop tea
  • Going to let myself wallow tonight but starting tomorrow I'm fighting back. I've come so far that I'm not going to let myself go back down without a fight.
Yes, you can do this. You've just had a bump in the road. One day at a time. When I felt low a few years ago I saw a documentary about depression and it said the get some daylight within an hour of waking up, drink loads of water, write down 5 good things that happened or that you are thankful for every day and to try to help others. I think the helping others things helped me the most as I volunteered at a food bank just one day a week for 4 hours and it really got me out of my own head. Sorry if this post sounds patronising as it's so hard to write things like this without sounding like a knob. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello again!

Thought I’d post again as I have lots to tell. How exciting to actually be doing stuff for once?!

So I think I reached Monday…

We went to Bolton Abbey, which I’ve wanted to visit for a while now. We enjoy walking and the boy has always been a good walker, so I found us a trail to follow. 9.3 miles later… 😅 it’s not unusual for us to walk that distance, but WOW the incline. However, the views… 😍

7161883D-1A5A-4740-8856-F455ABD3F759.jpeg
61B06B6B-0DDF-47B4-A364-2588D489E65A.jpeg
E466641D-3B4F-43AD-A9DF-21FD692CB9D2.jpeg
8CFF7AD8-218D-4386-856F-C914556AFF96.jpeg

It’s hard to tell from the second picture, but we made it to the top of the waterfall and it was quite a drop! Thankfully lots of flat rocks to sit on safely. It was so beautiful though. Felt very calm and serene. The trail is to Simon’s Seat if anyone is ever in the area and is interested. It’s very well mapped out on Bolton Abbey’s website.

After our walk, we had a well needed pit stop featuring tea and cake and then continued to the actual Abbey, via the stepping stones and the welly walk. Was nice doing it that way round as it meant it was quiet when we got to that area later in the day.

Made our way back to Harrogate and enjoyed a well earned Five Guys burger 🤤

Hope everyone is doing okay. Finding it hard to read and properly respond at the moment so hugs to anyone that needs them 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, you can do this. You've just had a bump in the road. One day at a time. When I felt low a few years ago I saw a documentary about depression and it said the get some daylight within an hour of waking up, drink loads of water, write down 5 good things that happened or that you are thankful for every day and to try to help others. I think the helping others things helped me the most as I volunteered at a food bank just one day a week for 4 hours and it really got me out of my own head. Sorry if this post sounds patronising as it's so hard to write things like this without sounding like a knob. xxx

Thanks ❤ You don't sound like a knob at all - it's easy to forget about the little bits that help (y)

@nbt That view is gorgeous!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hiiiiiiii

I didn't post yesterday but not much happened 😱

But ill post todays even though nothing happened today really either😂

🍉 baby decided 2.35am was party time. I was sat up with him for what felt like an eternity. He kept trying to get up out of bed and walk off and I was like 'nope!' He has weirdly enough started saying darts. Yeah I know, a 1.5 year old who says darts 🤣 he kept going '....darts?' Like no small child, we don't play darts at 3am
🍉 he finally got to sleep at 4am. He woke up at 20 past 7 and you guessed it, the lie in made mr watermelon late for work 🙄
🍉 the babies favourite singer is the weeknd. I was tidying his room with him and put the weeknd on Alexa. We danced to save your tears and I was pretending the brush for the floor was a Mike. The baby was laughing his head off. His fave songs are Star boy and Blinding Lights. I go 'ooooooo im blinded by the baby watermelon' and he claps and stomps his feet 🤣
🍉 sent my fella the asda after work cos it was raining all day and we didn't go out. He comes back and I realised I needed butter. So he went back the asda 🤣
🍉 the baby loves the strictly theme tune. So my fella holds him and he goes 'DO DO DO DO DOOO' (the strictly theme) and I dance around them. The baby laughs his head off. We do this for approx 45 mins when my fella gets in from work
🍉 we were having a tense game of hide n seek when I ran off to hide. My fellas bike was in the hall, I ran into the handle bars, absolutely bounced off it, screamed, lay on the floor, neither of them came looking for me for about 5 mins. My fella said he didn't even hear me scream even tho it was ear piercing 🙄 he helped me up and I lifted up my top and my whole boob was bleeding. It has stopped now but it's turned black and purple with a big cut along my nipple. I nearly threw up cos of the pain. I've took paracetomal and I've got pack of frozen mixed veg on my boob.

If I dont laugh ill cry 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hiiiiiiii

🍉 baby decided 2.35am was party time. I was sat up with him for what felt like an eternity. He kept trying to get up out of bed and walk off and I was like 'nope!' He has weirdly enough started saying darts. Yeah I know, a 1.5 year old who says darts 🤣 he kept going '....darts?' Like no small child, we don't play darts at 3am
🍉 he finally got to sleep at 4am. He woke up at 20 past 7 and you guessed it, the lie in made mr watermelon late for work 🙄
🍉 the babies favourite singer is the weeknd. I was tidying his room with him and put the weeknd on Alexa. We danced to save your tears and I was pretending the brush for the floor was a Mike. The baby was laughing his head off. His fave songs are Star boy and Blinding Lights. I go 'ooooooo im blinded by the baby watermelon' and he claps and stomps his feet 🤣
🍉 sent my fella the asda after work cos it was raining all day and we didn't go out. He comes back and I realised I needed butter. So he went back the asda 🤣
🍉 the baby loves the strictly theme tune. So my fella holds him and he goes 'DO DO DO DO DOOO' (the strictly theme) and I dance around them. The baby laughs his head off. We do this for approx 45 mins when my fella gets in from work
🍉 we were having a tense game of hide n seek when I ran off to hide. My fellas bike was in the hall, I ran into the handle bars, absolutely bounced off it, screamed, lay on the floor, neither of them came looking for me for about 5 mins. My fella said he didn't even hear me scream even tho it was ear piercing 🙄 he helped me up and I lifted up my top and my whole boob was bleeding. It has stopped now but it's turned black and purple with a big cut along my nipple. I nearly threw up cos of the pain. I've took paracetomal and I've got pack of frozen mixed veg on my boob.

and sorry about your boob 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hiiiiiiii

That sounds so painful

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Wide awake at 5.30am. At the gym for 6.45am. Worked until 7.20pm. Only 9 days until my 4 day weekend hurry the duck up! 💃🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello all

We've spent today at the farm and I've loved every minute of it. My anxiety is just starting to become an issue but i managed today and although i am exhausted and feel over stimulated and like there's too much noise around me I'm ok 😂😂😂

The Mr is back to work tomorrow after 2.5 weeks off. Don't know how i feel about it yet.

Just bathed the daughters and they all settled upstairs, the son has gone to Grandma's for 5 nights. I've had a shower got into clean pj's and now I'm catching up on here and might play trivial pursuit on the PS4 for a while then go to bed with my book

Have a good night ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Hiiiiiiii

Well that took an unexpected turn! I hope it's okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Waited in all day for the washer repair man for him to arrive at 6.30pm. I had a go at him at the front door and he looked scared. He asked if I was <insert my name here> so I said yeah why… suddenly remembered him from high school and that we’d slept together many years ago 💀😩 Cringin’ hell.

But at least my washer works now! Tinkered with my motor for the 2nd time, what a lucky guy! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.