What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished giving my first lecture ever as a guest lecturer. I felt good about how the class went but am proper sleep deprived because I went to bed at 5:30 am (insomnia is trash) and had to teach at 8:30. Thank goodness teaching is still online.
Called fries “chips” and periods (the written ones, not the vaginal ones 😂) “full stops” over the weekend. My boyfriend is teasing me for being super British. I haven’t spoken or written in British English since I was 11. I think Tattle is subconsciously bringing me back to my childhood in terms of language use.
Gonna go nap until my 1 pm meeting. Ordered McDonald’s around midnight so hope the food is still good. Will munch on a bacon chicken wrap during the Zoom meeting with my video off. Do I even exist at this point or am I a speaking hologram?
@Saddlesoap Thinking of you. Hope your husband is doing well now. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I missed the new thread and all the shenanigans by the looks. :ROFLMAO:

Kids and I went on a road trip (I won't bore you with the reasons). Youngest suddenly becomes desperate for a pee despite having had one in the service station 30 mins earlier. The last resort was to pee into a Costa cup on the back seat. She then gave it to me and I had to drive another 60 miles in a horrific downpour on the M25 with a cup of pee next to me. It's these little moments that just make my heart sing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Gym, worked, made lasagne, started something new on Netflix. Counting down the days to my weeks holiday!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ooh another update from me, aren't you all lucky 😂 it's like the old days!

⭐ Ran some errands this morning including sending eBay parcels and going to Wilko. Went to Aldi to get some bits - I got the McDonalds hash brown dupes they're doing and some plants for the garden 🪴
⭐ I planted said Aldi plants in the back garden earlier on and tidied garden. Just call me Alan Titchmarsh.
⭐ At the moment I'm writing about 'transitions of care in young people with chronic conditions' for part of a chapter of my thesis.

Busy day when you look back at it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
- Went for a cuppa with my housemate to the neighbour over the road as we do most weeks. She denied the police were for her, made up a story about it being for her daughter who doesn't even live there but they wouldn't have visited both her neighbours if that was the truth 🤷‍♀️
- My friend turned up with her 2 kids so we had a good old chin wag and I finished my second neck warmer on the round loom
- My niece and nephew were dropped off around 3pm and we all played games out in the garden
- I swear my niece has resting grumpy face (she's only 10 imagine what she's going to be like when she's a teen). I know she's probably just tired from being at an activity club all day but she rarely seems happy
- Letting them play on the tablet whilst they wait for dinner and then hopefully afterwards we can find a film or something before they are picked up at 7pm
- My evening plans include a bubble bath and painting my nails

20210810_155259.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
🍆 went to work and had the slowest most boring day ever. It was dead.
🍆 found a dent in my passenger door when I got back to my car, someone has obviously car park dinged me. Prick.
🍆 stopped by my parents on my way home. But my mum and dad have clearly had some sort of falling out. It’s very tense. I’m sat here awkwardly 👁👄👁 trying to think of an excuse to leave only 10 mins after I’ve arrived 😂
🍆 gonna go home and hopefully finish the series me and my boyfriend started. We got a 7 day now tv trial and don’t really wanna pay the £9.99 to continue it so we’re trying to rush through it so we can cancel before the 7 days are up. Tight arses.
🍆 have a good evening everyone 💛

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
This seat is my happy spot. Sat down to have my morning cuppa and haven't moved much since ❤
Currently curled up under a blanket waiting for the rain to start

Not much to report from today, spent all day outside, sometimes with the kids, sometimes they were indoors surgically attached to devices. Started reading a new book (any recent psychological thrillers recommendations would be good), done a little bit of gardening and a whole lot of sitting around.

Apart from toilet trips i haven't been indoors so not looking forward to seeing the mess.

Mother in law came this morning with some buffet bits for us to have tonight and we might watch a film and have a few beers

Have a good evening 💜

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Back home after mammoth day out
Daughters friend has come back for tea
I want to take my bra off and get comfy clothes on but won’t …obvs!
Sent husband out to get some burgers he has raging hump after one of his team is being a PITA
Are the holidays over yet?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
• I’m feeling a bit better today!
• Managed to take a nice long shower and wash my hair. Don’t feel like a new woman yet but I’m getting there.
• Still can’t eat anything but crackers so had a very exciting lunch of them and a glass of water.
• I was supposed to get my jab today but I obviously had to reschedule it.
• Am currently lying in bed listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about all the possible 🍆 I could have got but won’t.

Hope you are all having an okay Tuesday!

@isabellalovescats So proud of you giving your first lecture! How exciting! I bet it was wonderful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
- Worked. It was awfully busy. I really felt like I couldn’t get a handle on it but it might have something to do with the small human I have with me asking for a snack every 5 seconds.
- Browsed the internet looking at new uniform and felt pissed off. I really wanted to get little peaches some Velcro up shirts for PE days as he really struggles with all the buttons but it seems M&S only do them in white and couldn’t find them anywhere else so we might just have to spend the rest of the holidays in button boot camp so he can do it alone ready for September 🤷🏽‍♀️
- Fella took little peaches to the park, little peaches was all nooooo I don’t wanna go, dragging his heels, but then they were gone for HOURS. The silence was bliss. Apparently he walked somebody’s dog and the dogs name was lady and she was little and brown 😍
- Managed to sort out my insurance claim finally. I already have new computer but made a bit of profit on what I spent 💰
- Have just showered and washed my hair. I’m doing it early so I have more time to waste on my phone doing nothing this evening. Plus there’s a lot of screaming going on in the front room over the switch and super smash bros so it gets me away from that 🥴
- Oh and I forgot to tell you all after we brushed Coco (our cat) over and over again much to her annoyance, she managed to sort the last little bit out herself and she is BACK TO NORMAL. Here she is looking relieved that none of the other cats in town can take the piss out of her 😅
B5C5CF69-86FC-426B-884B-49C981CDB7E9.jpeg

That was a long post for quite a boring day really..
Hope everybody has a good evening ❤

• Heart
@Raymond Luxury-Yacht Glad you’re feeling better today. ❤ I hope it’s all better from here! And the lecture was exciting! Three more to go for this course! The only downside is it’s at 8:30 am. Isabella and cat here if you ever want to talk by the way. 😉 📷

Here’s my big boy helping me study last night. 🐈⬛

09577C55-16BF-4046-9040-722DBC8DEFA1.jpeg

@Peaches_xox Coco looking good again! 😻

Last edited:
  • Heart
🍉 woke up
🍉 had breakie
🍉 brushed my teeth
🍉 had a shower
🍉 minds gone blank
🍉 been searching far and wide for the new ferrero rocher choc
20210810_201658.jpg

I GOT IT!! There were no white ones though which is the one I wanted but I'll cope I guess. I walked all the way to the big Tesco. I can't stress how far it is it is FAR. I burnt 700 calories on the walk there and back so I've saved room for my scran. Oh and there's a big Aldi next to the Tesco so I went in there as well. I got the pretzel choc to try and the loaded red brownies. So it might be a while before I review the ferrero rocher choc cos I want the other choc and the brownies first 🤣 there's a big park with a walkway next to it on the way to the Tesco so I got mini watermelon out to walk alongside me... he just bailed off onto the field. I was walking like a snail thinking ah it'll be grand he'll come back and he was just running across this field. I had to break the pram and chase after him! I washed all my comfy bras so I had an uncomfortable one on today so while I was chasing him my boobs were akimbo, flying all over the place. Good job we were the only ones there 🤣

So yeah. Nothing else happened. Thank you big Tesco x that's all I gotta say

• Heart
  • Haha
🍉 woke up
🍉 had breakie
🍉 brushed my teeth
🍉 had a shower
🍉 minds gone blank
🍉 been searching far and wide for the new ferrero rocher choc
View attachment 706970
I GOT IT!! There were no white ones though which is the one I wanted but I'll cope I guess. I walked all the way to the big Tesco. I can't stress how far it is it is FAR. I burnt 700 calories on the walk there and back so I've saved room for my scran. Oh and there's a big Aldi next to the Tesco so I went in there as well. I got the pretzel choc to try and the loaded red brownies. So it might be a while before I review the ferrero rocher choc cos I want the other choc and the brownies first 🤣 there's a big park with a walkway next to it on the way to the Tesco so I got mini watermelon out to walk alongside me... he just bailed off onto the field. I was walking like a snail thinking ah it'll be grand he'll come back and he was just running across this field. I had to break the pram and chase after him! I washed all my comfy bras so I had an uncomfortable one on today so while I was chasing him my boobs were akimbo, flying all over the place. Good job we were the only ones there 🤣

So yeah. Nothing else happened. Thank you big Tesco x that's all I gotta say
#winningatlife

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
@Meangirl815 Happy Anniversary xx Can recommend Three Hours as a good tense thriller about a school shooting. I stayed up past my bedtime to read it 🙊 Also Girl A was a good page turner too.

@Saddlesoap Hope your husband (and you) are feeling better. What a fright you both had.

It's week 7 of the holidays and almost a week until Biggest is back at nursery (they've tagged on about three bloody in-service days this year) so I'm like this

Today was pretty much repeat of yesterday with being a taxi service for Biggest. Had great plans to sort out my home office tonight but truly cannot be arsed. Going to watch The Handmaid's Tale and go to bed early with my book.

Life is just a rollarcoaster at Biscuit Towers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Husband has taken youngests friend home
youngest gone with him
teen in her room
me...sitting in the dark, in silence on my iPad. Highlight of my day . It’s sooo peaceful. Is that bad....

• Haha
  • Heart
  • @watermelon sugar - I'm imagining you running across the park chasing him ala Fenton :LOL:
  • Feel a bit righter in the head again today
  • Managed to focus a bit better again at work, still struggled with a big sugar slump in the afternoon but got some morning stuff done. I think I need a less sugary breakfast so I'll make an effort the next few days and see how it goes
  • Got confused and wondered why @Raymond Luxury-Yacht was fantasising about Leonard Cohen's 🍆
  • Ordered some new (smart) jeans to wear when I'm back in the office next month as everything I owned pre-pandemic is now too tatty.
  • Watched a couple more episodes of Friends
  • Oh... and I finished something craft related! Two things! I finished my first full diamond painting and my first piece of colouring - there are a fair few mistakes but considering I haven't coloured anything since approx year 7 I'm really happy with how it's turned out

IMG_20210810_170049614_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210810_201915536.jpg

IMG_20210810_201930503.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
I need to catch up properly, but all good here. Thanks everyone 😘😘😘 was so nice to be able to post and hear from someone despite the time.

• Heart
Been into London for dinner with my best friend - haven’t been into the city since the wild pre-pandemic days of 2019!
Oxford Circus felt like sensory overload tbh it was all a bit much for me but we sat outside a nice little bar in Mayfair and had aperol spritz I felt very ‘London’
on the train home now, this is gonna be a late night for me now I’m old 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.