Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Old thread

Back by @coconochanel 's demand: the ✨recap✨

Everyone just disappeared
It went quiet
But everyone reappeared again using bullet points
This should be bullet pointed really but I was in a rush cos I was too scared @265 was gonna make a new thread
Speaking of - no cougar jokes please
Show us your Honda 🍆
We all love a bit of aubergine
Speaking of:

Exes are still dicks
Nanna isn't get no dick no more
Lads who share a bed with their Mum should come with a warning sign
Praise be Jack Grealish's thighs
It didn't come home ....

I can't remember much, everyone disappeared 🤣🤣🤣

As you were party people :m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

nbt

VIP Member
Helloooo everyone,

Aaah I’ve been to a wedding today and it was so bloody lovely ♥

So any long timers will know I was due to get married last year and it didn’t happen, postponed and then THAT didn’t happen either 🥲 so it was put on the back burner as the excitement went for me and it felt like it was hanging over me. But today/tonight has given me food for thought and I’ve realised that nobody expects a big perfect wedding. People are just happy to be there and celebrate with you.

Today, there were dogs at the wedding. When the celebrant asked the guests if we support the bride and groom and we replied, “we do”, one of the dogs barked straight after. Perfect timing! 😂 there was also a noisy toddler that ran to his mum (a bridesmaid) when she was walking down the aisle. The bride then put the ring on the groom’s right hand by mistake and it got stuck so she couldn’t swap it haha. But none of that mattered, it helped make it all perfect ♥

After the ceremony so many people swapped their heels for comfy boots and big coats cos Yorkshire + farm = windy! It was just such good fun.

Anyway, I’m rambling now in a slightly tipsy state so I’ll finish my cuppa and get some sleep 😂 hope everyone is good!

• Heart

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
So went and got covid tests yesterday. Got a rapid test which came back negative and PCR test which will take a few days - but assuming we're fine as the rapid one was negative and we have no symptoms still :)

Been unusually productive at work the last week or so but not feeling it today so far.

Ordered a toaster today. Can you believe we don't have a toaster, I've not had one since I left home 16 years ago. We've never really eaten breakfast so never felt the need to get one. The odd time I fancied a slice of toast or whatever I would just put it in the oven under the grill. Recently though I've taken to having a mini bagel in the mornings so means I have to wait for the oven to heat up then the kitchen gets boiling etc - would be much easier to just bung it in a toaster quickly. Anyways Mr GP is moaning because he doesn't want to clutter up the worktop - this coming from the guy who leaves his shit sprawled across the kitchen worktop everyday - keys, wallet, cash, work pass, chewing gum, headphones, mask, sanitizer.....

I'm so confused about my weight :unsure: So after a couple of months of running lots, walking lots, drinking and snacking less my weight hadn't budged even a smidge....... then somehow suddenly I lost a few pounds over the past weekend when I was isolating and I just took like 10 steps between my bed and couch, drank way more and pigged out on crisps, biscuits etc all weekend 🤷‍♀️

Anyways off to try and motivate myself to do some work now.

Loving seeing this thread busier again :)

• Heart

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
Went to the tip and for a walk to see the pigs on the farm nearby. Literally my favourite Sunday activities ever. I’m obsessed with the tip 😂

41605311-4B59-446E-9053-FA1DD1363E23.jpeg

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Hi all.

⭐ Drove son up to his dads (he’s staying for a week) in the old car as I gave it to my ex in-laws as they were in need of one
⭐ Caught the train home but had a mooch about the shops in the big city first
⭐ Bf picked me up from the station and dropped me home
⭐ Did a home workout and had a nice bath
⭐ Drove back to bfs who’s making me sausage and mash for dinner
⭐ So tired out now and ready for bed but I came on yesterday so no 🍆 for me

• Heart

Penguin86

VIP Member

🐧 Fatigue is kicking my butt
🐧 Grocery shop came today with my much needed bar of Dairy Milk Daim
🐧 Friends kids turned up to spend some time and wait for their mum to finish work. The girl brought a huge lunchbox of pasta and cheese (strange concoction) so I helped her eat some of it
🐧 Had my niece and nephew for a couple of hours after more activities. My nephew (8) still plays with the stacking buckets we've kept here since my friends eldest was 2 (he's 15)
🐧 Had McDonald's for dinner because nobody could be bothered to cook so my chocolate will have to wait until tomorrow
🐧 I'm a prune after accidentally falling asleep in the bath for 45 minutes

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I need to catch up properly, but all good here. Thanks everyone 😘😘😘 was so nice to be able to post and hear from someone despite the time.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Yayyy Yorkshire my neck of the woods @nbt ❤

Just worked today but I’m on annual leave for the next week 🎊 I made breakfast for tea (fry up) and it was so good. Had a pamper bath and gave myself a facial. Watching Love Island in bed with brownie m&ms.. they’re not great tbh.

Have a good weekend everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Meangirl815

VIP Member
Update.
My friends turned up at 3.45 and left at 8pm. I am exhausted.
It's been lovely. The kids all played nicely (5yr old, 6yr old, 2x8 Yr olds and a 13yr old) so that was a miracle. We fed them pizza's and ice creams and the adults were drinking beer around a fire (except me.. I don't drink)

I now need to shower the kids, have a shower myself then chill out in front of the TV

Enjoy your evening all

• Heart

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Gym, worked, made lasagne, started something new on Netflix. Counting down the days to my weeks holiday!

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’m not sure I’m going to like it as much as normal dairy milk. But I’ll try for market research purposes.
It’s pretty good, not as sickly as a Caramac but reminds me a bit of them. My favourite ever was the Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy though. 🍫

Hello, I haven’t updated in a while. Hope you’re all well 👋🏻

Haven’t got much to say really. Just been enjoying the summer holidays and keeping busy with the kids. Went on the train to visit my mum on Tuesday and we took the kids for lunch then went back to hers for a cup of tea and a natter while the boys played in her mahooooosive back garden. Then we got the train back to Glasgow and my OH who had just finished work, came and picked us up.

Had a busy few days sorting the last bits of eldest’s school uniform. Had to send some bits back because they were too big but luckily that’s it all done, pressed and hung up ready for Monday morning (end of Scottish school holidays). My little one had his autism assessment a few weeks ago and we’ll be hearing the outcome of that on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to restarting my gym membership now that I’ll have three weekdays all to myself once the kids are back in school and nursery. I’ve never had that before.

The weather has been shit lately but today was dry so I took the kids to the park. Got there and it started pissing down didn’t it? Good old British weather. OH got in and we made homemade burger and chips for tea and just finished bathing the kids. Once they go to bed we’ll watch Love Island before bed. I’ve only just started watching it this year for the first time, it’s a bit shite but for some reason I’m invested. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hope you all have a nice evening. ❤

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member

Boring day here so far.
3 loads of washing, lots of cleaning and tidying and a bit sitting around in the garden

Waiting for a visit from my friend and kids. She said this afternoon. It's 3pm and she hasn't arrived yet 😢
I love her, i miss seeing her. I had completely forgotten her timetable and mine never quite aline up 😂😂

Apart from that the rest of the day will be pretty boring. I am taking myself off for a solo lunch tomorrow tho 🎉🎉
The Mr is on holidays from work and up to now I've never used that to get a bit 'me time' so he informed me earlier that's he kicking me out for a few hours tomorrow

@WilmaHun arghhhhhhhhhh you are having the best week. Huge congrats ❤❤

Ps I've had 🍆🍆 2 days in a row now. I'm blaming all the talk on here.
My husband says thank you 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Penguin86

VIP Member
- Went for a cuppa with my housemate to the neighbour over the road as we do most weeks. She denied the police were for her, made up a story about it being for her daughter who doesn't even live there but they wouldn't have visited both her neighbours if that was the truth 🤷‍♀️
- My friend turned up with her 2 kids so we had a good old chin wag and I finished my second neck warmer on the round loom
- My niece and nephew were dropped off around 3pm and we all played games out in the garden
- I swear my niece has resting grumpy face (she's only 10 imagine what she's going to be like when she's a teen). I know she's probably just tired from being at an activity club all day but she rarely seems happy
- Letting them play on the tablet whilst they wait for dinner and then hopefully afterwards we can find a film or something before they are picked up at 7pm
- My evening plans include a bubble bath and painting my nails

20210810_155259.jpg

• Heart

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
So Saturday night we went for some pub grub and a couple of drinks - I had a spicy fried chicken burger with cajun fries 🤤 then we went to a gig to see Modest Mouse. I used to love them but not as up to date on their current stuff but it was fab still. They were really amazing live with all the different instruments etc and they played some of their old classics. It was really nice to be at an actual live, indoors gig as well after all this time. Mr GP isn't really a big fan of them but he even enjoyed it saying they were much better live. Anyways I was pretty touched he arranged it for me as a surprise as he never does anything like that........ not sure if I should be worried :unsure:🤣

Only slight issue was the gig didn't finish till midnight so we didn't get home till 1am. I can't do late nights out anymore so I was exhausted :sleep:

Since the boy did good on Saturday I said I would relinquish control of our plans yesterday too in a bid to try and be a bit more spontaneous and less uptight. I've always been super organized but in the last year I think I've taken it a bit OTT and overly plan every tiny thing we are doing every weekend :oops: I blame covid as we needed reservations to do anything/everything over the last year with all the restrictions! So he rolled out of bed around midday by which time my stress levels were already increasing thinking to myself if this was any other weekend I would have had him up at 9am, we would have gone a walk and would be having brunch now in a place I had already chosen and checked out the menu. I tried to chill out though and just go with it and managed well apart from one short snap about being starving and needing food now (we didn't end up eating till well after 2)! We cycled somewhere for brunch then went to a few bars for drinks before cycling home - perhaps not the best idea after a few 🥴 Anyways I had a lovely day!

Today is just work, go for a run then dinner and probably tv or read, standard boring Monday.

• Heart
  • Wow

nbt

VIP Member
Hello again!

Thought I’d post again as I have lots to tell. How exciting to actually be doing stuff for once?!

So I think I reached Monday…

We went to Bolton Abbey, which I’ve wanted to visit for a while now. We enjoy walking and the boy has always been a good walker, so I found us a trail to follow. 9.3 miles later… 😅 it’s not unusual for us to walk that distance, but WOW the incline. However, the views… 😍

7161883D-1A5A-4740-8856-F455ABD3F759.jpeg
61B06B6B-0DDF-47B4-A364-2588D489E65A.jpeg
E466641D-3B4F-43AD-A9DF-21FD692CB9D2.jpeg
8CFF7AD8-218D-4386-856F-C914556AFF96.jpeg

It’s hard to tell from the second picture, but we made it to the top of the waterfall and it was quite a drop! Thankfully lots of flat rocks to sit on safely. It was so beautiful though. Felt very calm and serene. The trail is to Simon’s Seat if anyone is ever in the area and is interested. It’s very well mapped out on Bolton Abbey’s website.

After our walk, we had a well needed pit stop featuring tea and cake and then continued to the actual Abbey, via the stepping stones and the welly walk. Was nice doing it that way round as it meant it was quiet when we got to that area later in the day.

Made our way back to Harrogate and enjoyed a well earned Five Guys burger 🤤

Hope everyone is doing okay. Finding it hard to read and properly respond at the moment so hugs to anyone that needs them 🥰

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
It’s been an emotional old day here (and it’s not even close to being over). 😳

We had a lovely weekend finished off yesterday with a trip to the cinema with the boys and a get together at my mum’s for my brother’s 30th birthday. We had buffet food and the boys had fun playing with their little cousin and all the balloons. There was a Lotus Biscoff cheesecake and it was immense (but very sweet!). 🤤

Up early this morning. OH helped get the kids ready for their first day back at nursery and school, then went to work while I did the drop offs. My biggest is in primary 2 now, he didn’t even give me a kiss goodbye, just saw his friends and went off inside with them without so much as a glance back. 😂

I came back home and my mum arrived to take me to the funeral. It was very sad, I cried an awful lot (thank god for face masks). I managed to borrow a scarf from my mum so that was my something pink. I came back home after the cemetery because little one was to be picked up early this week for settling in.

So I got changed into something casual and went down to collect him. He’d had a great first morning back and ate all his lunch. We walked home and he went to play on his trampoline in the back garden. I tidied up the kitchen a bit and made a cuppa, and had just sat down with it when my kitten brought in a dead bird and dropped it near my feet. 😥

Little one wandered over and asked what happened to the birdy so I said it was just sleeping and sent him out of the room so I could dispose of it. Had to tell him it flew away back home to its mummy when he came back looking for it. 😢

Just after that happened, my other cat appeared on the garden path with a baby mouse hanging out of its mouth, but this time it was still alive. I managed to shoo cat away and catch Stuart Little in a tub, then took him out to the front garden and released him again. I feel so stressed after all that, I need a nap. 😩

Will be getting ready shortly to pick up eldest from school, so that’s another walk for littlest and I. Think we’ll all sleep well tonight. 😴

Hope everyone’s having a good Monday (didn’t expect this to be so long but it’s been a morning!!) x

Last edited:
  • Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Hiya, how’s it going?

Lovely pics @nbt @Penguin86 and @bolimepipi 💖

Today has been a drag:

🙀 Had a rude awakening with my cats doing sprints around my bedroom at 6.30am and jumping on my head after a rubbish night’s sleep. OH forgot to shut them in downstairs before he left.

😾 My cherubs have been fighting all day and my headache has returned. At least it was sort of dry outside for a bit today so turfed them out into the garden to play on their trampoline. I love it, it’s like a giant cage with the enclosure on haha. Had my cuppa in peace.

😿 Had a bit of a dilemma trying to find something suitable to wear to a funeral I’m going to on Monday. I have to wear something pink - I don’t own anything pink. Also struggling with gift ideas for little one’s 4th birthday at the end of the month.

😸 Had a fakeaway homemade chicken
curry with rice for dinner tonight because I’m trying to stop being a little pig. 🐷

Just finished watching tonight’s Love Island and probably gonna be asleep soon as I’ve a busy few days coming up and I’m exhausted. Night 💖

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
So we managed to fall asleep about 2am I think. He woke up at 6am and vomited again. He says he's feeling a bit better. I've left him in bed now, but might go join him again if the dogs let me.
He really freaked me out, not certain he didn't loose consciousness at one point. He couldn't communicate with me, then when he could I asked him what our names were and he called me my maiden name (we've been married 7 years!). Fucking scary.

Thanks guys 😘😘😘😘

• Heart

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
Don't really have much to update you all on.

Weather is pissing me off this week. Is absolutely boiling during the day and then keeps pissing it down at night. I got caught in it the last 2 nights and got drenched right through - I'm still trying to dry my trainers out after squelching home in them last night. Planned to go to an outdoor movie night tonight but yep you guessed it looks like we might get another bloody storm tonight and I'm not in the mood to get drenched again walking 30mins home in it so think we'll probably skip it. Though knowing my luck it'll probably stay dry tonight now.

Booked a bit of a random city break for early Sept which will tick off 2 new states for us. Mr GP wants to visit all 50 states - we're on 36 just now!

• Heart