What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
woke up early this morning, had a coffee and headed straight to the police station.
I reported the sexual assault to the police today and handed my underwear in as evidence as I kept it unwashed. I’m praying they find something on there which can be used to support my case, so everybody please keep everything crossed for me. I feel so much better for reporting it and am looking forward to the case progressing and hopefully justice for me being served. The police officer that did the informal interview was soooo nice and understanding and I’ll be called in later this week for a formal interview with the detectives. I am so proud of myself for doing the right thing!

after I got home I’ve just been looking online for things to buy, we’re recarpeting and repainting the house this week - where do you all suggest for home furniture pleaseeee?

I’m so sorry they said this, I know first hand how toxic family members can be. Please ignore them and long term you will prove her wrong xx
That can’t have been easy. I hope they find some evidence and the formal interview isn’t too hard for you.

Today we went swimming this morning, had cinnamon buns for breakfast, popped to mums to show her the new wheels and have some lunch. Got home and did some ‘get fit with Rick’ videos to keep fit and about to have some pasta for dinner before bath and films this evening.
I’ve got to drive little one up to his dads tomorrow for a week so making the most of the day together.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Afternoon/evening girls, just want to say I love catching up with all your stories. I always start writing and never really post. Nothing much been happening today. Took the pups out with my friend for a nice walk and stopped for a coffee. Came home jump started Mr cats car all good, starting work tomorrow. It's beeeen a long unemployment but I've loved it. This job is like a job of dreams (I hope) kinda been holding off work. everything here atm is literally below minimum wage/tit contracts and at my age I'm not prepared to go back down that road. Anyways it paid well to hold off. a few places contacted me personally asking me to work for them which was a really nice feeling. But offer around 6euros a hour, with so much experience in hospitality I just can't do it. So yeah starting a brand new job tomorrow I'm super excited about all the really nice hotels and luxury places I'll be in! Pay is good and I hope tips too 🤞.

I'm also in two minds about buying a small bar/cafe. A place has came up at a really good price (due to personal reasons of the owner) it has regular clientele in a busy location. Not making no were near as much now because covid but it's still making money and suppose why it's going so cheap. I say cheap but if I go for it (after all the work, legalities) the majority of my savings have gone and I feel like I lose my security. But it's also kind of a steal at the price they want. I just want a job I can take my dog to work with me 😭 and well maybe actually concentrate on my future. Sorrry for the long post. Hope everyone's having a nice weekend x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Congrats on the new job @Cats_eyes - hope it goes well tomorrow.

Pretty so-so day here. Spent most of the day in bed with stomach ache but seems to be subsiding so got a lot of crafting planned tomorrow.

Ordered one more craft item and now I'm ordering no more until September. Got a paint by numbers kit coming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
you are amazingly strong, good job 👏🏻👏🏻💛💛

slept in a bit today, actually woke up naturally. that's what holidays are for 😄 that and morning sex of course 😄 had a shower & then went for breakfast. bf ordered bacon egg pancakes and i ordered a tuna melt which arrived without the cheesee?? so where's the melt?? never order a tuna melt outside of the uk/british isles... 🧐 also had coffee and fresh juice ☕🧃

we walked to a bike rental place and reserved two bikes for tomorrow 🚲🚲 then went to the beach and after some swimming decided to rent a kayak 🚣🏻‍♀️ we were kayaking/jumping out & swimming for 2 hours and it was a lot of fun!

View attachment 712633

had another swim when we dropped it off, went to a shop for some fruits and walked back to the airbnb. had pasta salad for lunch (i had prepared it in advance for 1 inside meal) and some cookies, washed the swim gear and had a shower & washed my hair. then i napped away and just woke up 😅

currently having a beer & a radler on the balcony, watching the boats and will walk into the old town soon for dinner! we're going to an asian fusion place 🥢

View attachment 712634
Wow what a view! 😍
My view at the moment is a bedroom floor covered in clean laundry piles. Yay.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello all, been lurking and liking from boredom city here.

@WilmaHun Congratulations again on the new house. So exciting!

@xx3221 just to say thinking of you and look after yourself xx Mr B is quite good with home furnishings chat. We got sofas in a box which aren't bad - I'll check where he got them from.

Past two nights have been bumpy putting the kids to bed. Biggest was attempting a sleepover at my mum's house on Thursday but it just wasn't happening. Mr B had to go and collect him at 10pm. Then I had 4 hours sleep so me and the kids were all tired and grumpy. I was shattered last night and went to bed not long after the kids.

Today has been not too bad. Mr B ushered me back to bed so I read my book then took a nice long shower. Football for Biggest then a film afternoon watching the original Disney Aladdin. Mr B has inherited my old Mega Drive and Biggest has loved playing the Aladdin game. Makes me feel super old!

Yesterday was our sort of anniversary. We've been together almost 20 years but only got married a few years ago. So August is when we started dating if that makes sense! We were going to order take out from a new Japanese place but it currently has a 2 hour wait time 👀 Mr B is off to get some chips and beer!

Tomorrow I have a long deserved day to myself. I am going to mooch round the bookshops and go for a lunch. Hoping Glasgow isn't too rammed as most schools go back on Monday.

Better go and do some tidying up before Mr B gets back. Unfortunately he knows with a chippy there will be no 🍆 as I'll be too full 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Today was what they call Summer Streets where they shut Park Avenue to cars from the Brooklyn Bridge all the way up to the middle of Central Park so that walkers, runners, cyclists can take over the street. I ran it and it was pretty cool - they had live entertainment, water stations and were even hosing people down to cool off because it was so hot 🥵

F2878099-4C35-43C0-9113-0F839EF03137.jpeg

4B022936-FF06-4C41-BF63-C925A82C46E2.jpeg

A422441C-CE61-4B41-9FBF-04F7FAF2CC62.jpeg

Met Mr GP when I was finishing up and we went for a couple of drinks outside. Heading out later tonight for whatever he has planned 😬 I still have no idea - he had to buy tickets and said it’s something I’ll enjoy more than him 🤔 I’m guessing a show or gig but he said it’s super causal and I’ve to wear shorts/t-shirt and should take my glasses. Don’t think I’m going to follow his clothing advice of shorts though - will probably throw on a casual dress. Will report back tomorrow!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
currently having a beer & a radler on the balcony, watching the boats and will walk into the old town soon for dinner! we're going to an asian fusion place 🥢
Ugh I love a radler in the summer and it’s sooooo hard to find in the U.K 😭😭 sounds like you are having a lovely break!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Helloooo everyone,

Aaah I’ve been to a wedding today and it was so bloody lovely ♥

So any long timers will know I was due to get married last year and it didn’t happen, postponed and then THAT didn’t happen either 🥲 so it was put on the back burner as the excitement went for me and it felt like it was hanging over me. But today/tonight has given me food for thought and I’ve realised that nobody expects a big perfect wedding. People are just happy to be there and celebrate with you.

Today, there were dogs at the wedding. When the celebrant asked the guests if we support the bride and groom and we replied, “we do”, one of the dogs barked straight after. Perfect timing! 😂 there was also a noisy toddler that ran to his mum (a bridesmaid) when she was walking down the aisle. The bride then put the ring on the groom’s right hand by mistake and it got stuck so she couldn’t swap it haha. But none of that mattered, it helped make it all perfect ♥

After the ceremony so many people swapped their heels for comfy boots and big coats cos Yorkshire + farm = windy! It was just such good fun.

Anyway, I’m rambling now in a slightly tipsy state so I’ll finish my cuppa and get some sleep 😂 hope everyone is good!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Okay - today is already better than yesterday just because I saw this review

Screenshot 2021-08-15 07.52.38.png

...Ma'am, the book is perforated.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Afternoon all, pretty quiet today here!

⛅Woke up late
⛅Went to a local cafe with the bf
⛅Making pierogi for the first time - i’m 99% sure I will make the dough too thick but excited to taste them
⛅Catching up with LI while tattling
⛅Trying to plan a UK weekend staycation that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Would love to explore the north of england which usually has decent prices but can’t seem to find anything under £100/night🥴

Hope you are all having a fabulous/ lazy Sunday😘

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Afternoon my lovely people 😘 so today has been a slow one....

- got up had a cup of tea :coffee: and a tattle💻
- then I showered and washed my hair 🚿
- made some breakfast 🍞
-cleaned up 🧹
-watched some tv and made a quick lunch and thats about it tbh.😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi all , happy Sunday. I’m bloody knackered, slept soooooo bad.

- got up , showered , had a brew
- husband and his mate came back from golf so made them tea and toast
- hung out the washing
- went car shopping
- came back and had pizza and angel delight ( it’s so bad it’s good)
- now laying on the sofa , tattling

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy Sunday all! I am the bloody worst lash artist ever. My ex ex messaged me on hinge the other day and asked to catch up so I thought yeah sure. Then immediately panicked 😂
We went out yesterday and both got absolutely hammered🙄so he ended up staying at mine (nothing note worthy happened) anyway woke up at 5am to my mum sort of loud wimpering so I went to check what was wrong and she’d fallen down the stairs in the dark last night (our stairs are fairly lethal) so we had to phone 111 for an ambulance which finally arrived at around 10. So today feels like a week. She’s had a X-ray now and is hopefully on her way home soon. They had to send her to a further away hospital that deals with fractures etc. Had to come clean about the ex as there was no real way of sneaking her out. I really need to stop having bloody large ones!

• Heart
Hi all.

⭐ Drove son up to his dads (he’s staying for a week) in the old car as I gave it to my ex in-laws as they were in need of one
⭐ Caught the train home but had a mooch about the shops in the big city first
⭐ Bf picked me up from the station and dropped me home
⭐ Did a home workout and had a nice bath
⭐ Drove back to bfs who’s making me sausage and mash for dinner
⭐ So tired out now and ready for bed but I came on yesterday so no 🍆 for me

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi all.

⭐ Drove son up to his dads (he’s staying for a week) in the old car as I gave it to my ex in-laws as they were in need of one
⭐ Caught the train home but had a mooch about the shops in the big city first
⭐ Bf picked me up from the station and dropped me home
⭐ Did a home workout and had a nice bath
⭐ Drove back to bfs who’s making me sausage and mash for dinner
⭐ So tired out now and ready for bed but I came on yesterday so no 🍆 for me
You are lovely giving your car to your ex in laws, they are lucky to have you. Enjoy your week

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Evening gang

Spent today at the mother in laws. Family get together. Had a really good afternoon. The kids were lovely together. I'm talking 7 kids age 8 and under so the fact we've had no tears, tantrums or fights is nothing short of a miracle 🤣

Back home now ready to get settled for the evening. Going to have a shower, get into clean pj's, pour a glass of Pepsi, grab a blanket and sit in the garden for a while. It's wet. It's cold. I don't care. I need some quiet

Me if the husband tries to follow....

Hope you've all had a good weekend ☺

• Heart
  • Haha
Evening gang

Spent today at the mother in laws. Family get together. Had a really good afternoon. The kids were lovely together. I'm talking 7 kids age 8 and under so the fact we've had no tears, tantrums or fights is nothing short of a miracle 🤣

Back home now ready to get settled for the evening. Going to have a shower, get into clean pj's, pour a glass of Pepsi, grab a blanket and sit in the garden for a while. It's wet. It's cold. I don't care. I need some quiet

Me if the husband tries to follow....

Hope you've all had a good weekend ☺

Poor Mr Mean he ain’t welcome 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.