What Foundation/Base Product Do You Use?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic, sorry.

I have been watching insta's on eye make up, as I need to do more with my eyes but these grammars are all doing eye make up, then putting foundation on.

Is this right?

• Wow
Reactions: 2

I have been watching insta's on eye make up, as I need to do more with my eyes but these grammars are all doing eye make up, then putting foundation on.

Is this right?
Personal preference I think, I prefer to do base and then eyes. Any shadow residue comes off on the baking powder when I swish it away. I wouldn’t want the foundation/powder to affect the eyes

Reactions: 3
Trinny London BFF and MAC Face & Body if I feel I need more coverage.

I've stopped using proper high coverage foundations recently as my skin just doesn't need it. Before I liked Illamasqua Skin Base, Nars Sheer Glow, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Giorgio Armani foundations.

I like Rimmel Lasting Finish for a night out used with the matching primer. For daytime if I can be bothered I use either Bourjois Healthy Mix or No7 Stay Perfect. And always use the Vichy loose powder. I'm quite oily in the t zone and these don't make my face look too shiny and are long lasting, especially the Rimmel. I also like the Smashbox hydrating primer as my skin can get a bit dehydrated so sometimes use that on the cheeks and it doesn't make me oily but stops my foundation going on flaky.

Reactions: 1
Mac studio fix here too. Worn it for 15 years !
Hoping it stays ok on my skin into my 40’s...
Never got on with ELDW for some reason, Charlotte Tilbury was so so, the Hollywood filter makes my skin look really greasy. but the worst for me was Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk- it lasted about 2 hours then slid off.
I did love the Dior airbrush foundation many moons ago.

I use Rommel 24h breathable. I don’t like anything too thick and much prefer to look natural. Shame is discontinued and I have to get it off eBay now 😔

• Haha
Armani luminous silk , ysl , byterry , I’ve tried lots over the years but these 3 all have all been the best for my skin , buildable too , they are all quite expensive but last for ages as they are buildable I’ve yet to find a cheaper foundation that I can rave about

Is this right?
I do my eye makeup first and foundation etc after. If I get mess from eyemakeup such as eyeshadow dropping, mascara smudging etc, I can wipe it off without removing foundation.

Reactions: 4
Nars Radient Longwear or MAC Studio Fix Fluid for me! I’m forever going back to Mac but the smell isn’t nice.

Mac face and body for work days and cooler months generally. On WFH days I use Glossier skin tint. Not a lot of coverage, but it is very lightweight and feels nice.

ELDW as I have said is my go too but some of you are right that it is a total cover and I don't tend to use alot of it during the summer as it blocks out what little colour i actually get on my face.

So having to work from home now, I may change to No.7 or Loreal that some of you have suggested.

Many thanks

Has anyone tried Huda Beauty Faux Filter???
Yes I found it oxidised very dramatically, it looked great when I initially put it on but it went orangey and patchy after an hour and that's with using her primer, plus it's got a very perfumey smell which I personally don't like, also got her pallet too wouldn't recommend that either

Last edited:
Yes, I personally hate it, feels like paint on your face
Thanks - I wouldn't mind it feeling thick 😂 just want the full matte look and cruelty free x

Yes I found it oxidised very dramatically, it looked great when I initially put it on but it went orangey and patchy after an hour and that's with using her primer, plus it's got a very perfumey smell which I personally don't like, also got her pallet too wouldn't recommend that either
Thank you - I might get them to put it on me in store and see how I get on the rest of the day 😬

I hated double wear was so thick and fragrant! I am using Fenty at the moment which is good and would recommend. My favourite was Benefit Hello Flawless but it got discontinued 😭

I use one from primark :LOL: I should probably invest a bit more in makeup but I wear it so rarely it seems ridiculous for me to spend money on something I use about once a month! I do find the primark one fine though, quite like double wear in its consistency and coverage. I used to use a lovely bourjois (however you spell it) one for years and years but then it was discontinued:(

I've recently started using Trinny BFF & Miracle Blur. I love them , I'm in my 40s and I've tried quite a few things but these are the best for me and my awful skin type .