What Foundation/Base Product Do You Use?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the best dewy skin like look I would say Georgia Armani. Luminous silk
For my best light coverage foundation again is very skin like Lancôme 24 hour hour

Reactions: 1
ELDW is great but sometimes it's a bit too much coverage and also it used to make me break out in tiny spots everywhere (could barely see them unless in stark light) and made my skin feel drier. I now use Double Wear Light which is good enough but I don't think it's the best holy grail type thing. I feel cheap foundations just slide off me but I can't afford to keep trying expensive ones. I do want to try Luminous Silk next though as I've heard amazing things about it.

Reactions: 2
For the best dewy skin like look I would say Georgia Armani. Luminous silk
For my best light coverage foundation again is very skin like Lancôme 24 hour hour
I did enjoy the Armani but I felt it was a very very light coverage and so expensive 😖

I did enjoy the Armani but I felt it was a very very light coverage and so expensive 😖
You can use more to give it a heavier coverage but then it will cost more. I personally don’t like heavy coverage unless I’m using a stick foundation. Good luck finding the right foundation.

I’ve worn double wear for years and recently tried the airbrush CT and I love it, I’ve recently the CT flawless filter to give it a go!

I have used so many over the years but now use Nars pure radiance tinted moisturiser. It is such a dream! It goes on and stays put (with a little powder) all day, looks nice and glowy and provides decent coverage without looking and feeling cakey. Also I think there’s something skincare-y in it to make your skin nice whilst you use. I use a concealer for any spots/red bits. For going out out I might use MAC studio fix but honestly just love the Nars one.

It is quite expensive but Look Fantastic/John Lewis/ASOS have 20% off pretty regularly so I have never paid full price and I must be on my 4th/5th tube now.

My skin is combination - a little oily and prone to breakout but also can get dry easily.

L’Oreal infallible is a good substitute but I found it quite drying.

I'm tempted to try loreal infaliable as more of an every day instead of my double wear. Especially as I am likely to be working from home more now, I'll only be showing my face on the school run and on teams/Skype calls.

I'm tempted to try loreal infaliable as more of an every day instead of my double wear. Especially as I am likely to be working from home more now, I'll only be showing my face on the school run and on teams/Skype calls.
it’s worth a go for the price, I was really pleasantly surprised. I think it’s fab.

You should try Olay bb cream. Perfect for the use you want. I am not a fan of Infaliable and I use Double wear. Max factor lasting performance is a good foundation.

Bobbi brown face base in amazing! I use nars which I love but want too try Dior next anyone tried it?

I have very sensitive skin prone to dry flaky patches and redness.

Used Smashbox studioskin for about 9 months and getting on quite well, but not as good coverage as I’d like for when my skin randomly goes pink and blotchy. Used ELDW years ago when I had a customer facing job but found it very heavy, took ages to get off with micellar water or a cloth cleanser (I can’t use foaming cleansers) and clagged up all my makeup brushes. I also love MAC studio sculpt but I forgot to save my last package to keep the shade info so forgot what I am to buy more and can’t go get matched!!

Overall I’ve found that I could use the most amazing expensive foundation but if my skin underneath is playing up it makes no difference.

Last edited:
I have very sensitive skin prone to dry flaky patches and redness.

Used Smashbox studio fix for about 9 months and getting on quite well, but not as good coverage as I’d like for when my skin randomly goes pink and blotchy. Used ELDW years ago when I had a customer facing job but found it very heavy, took ages to get off with micellar water or a cloth cleanser (I can’t use foaming cleansers) and clagged up all my makeup brushes. I also love MAC studio sculpt but I forgot to save my last package to keep the shade info so forgot what I am to buy more and can’t go get matched!!

Overall I’ve found that I could use the most amazing expensive foundation but if my skin underneath is playing up it makes no difference.
Studio sculpt is lovely and really over looked, nice buildable formula but gives your skin the dewy look rather than the mask look. I loved it when I tried it.

Oh my gosh, I was wondering if they had!

Revlon’s colorstay felt like it was made for me as a teen and then I tried it again recently and really didn’t like it. 😰

I’m an Oily Skin gal and supposedly Those with oily skin aren’t meant to use silicone primers. I’ve got my eye on the silicone-free NYX honey dew me up primers but quite expensive at £15 each... Anyone used these?
No, but I too would like to try this. I've seen a couple of YouTubers use it and it looks good. Like you though, I am only and don't wanna fork out if it won't do the job....

I’ve used them ALL, literally every brand, and my fave that I always go back to is L’Oréal true match golden beige 👌🏼

Charlotte tilbury light wonder is lovely if you like light coverage

I like IT Cosmetics CC cream but Make Up revolution do a good dupe for £20 cheaper. I also have the Beauty Pie foundation and really like that.

Spent a lot of money on a Huda foundation and it's awful!

IT cosmetics CC cream illumination. Holy grail

the Ordinary serum foundation

No7 all in one foundation