Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
I've tried loads. Mac studio fix, bobbi brown, nars sheer flow, illamasqua face base, clinique stay in place. Always go back to estee lauder double wear, I just find it's the best I have found but I'm not sure its my perfect one to be honest.

What does everyone use? X
So I was a huge double wear fan until they stopped doing my shade.. I’m very fair.
So then switched to Charlotte tilbury...

Someone then told me about make up revolution.. I tried it and omg it’s AMAZING! And normally on offer in Superdrug (sold out atm) honestly can’t believe how great it is for the price! I really recommend it to you all who love double wear/CT as it’s so similar yet cheap!

Attachments

Reactions: 4

openbook1

VIP Member
Slightly off topic, sorry.

I have been watching insta's on eye make up, as I need to do more with my eyes but these grammars are all doing eye make up, then putting foundation on.

Is this right?
I do my eye makeup first and foundation etc after. If I get mess from eyemakeup such as eyeshadow dropping, mascara smudging etc, I can wipe it off without removing foundation.

Reactions: 4

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Slightly off topic, sorry.

I have been watching insta's on eye make up, as I need to do more with my eyes but these grammars are all doing eye make up, then putting foundation on.

Is this right?
Personal preference I think, I prefer to do base and then eyes. Any shadow residue comes off on the baking powder when I swish it away. I wouldn’t want the foundation/powder to affect the eyes

Reactions: 3

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
So I was a huge double wear fan until they stopped doing my shade.. I’m very fair.
So then switched to Charlotte tilbury...

Someone then told me about make up revolution.. I tried it and omg it’s AMAZING! And normally on offer in Superdrug (sold out atm) honestly can’t believe how great it is for the price! I really recommend it to you all who love double wear/CT as it’s so similar yet cheap!
I ordered 2 of these last weekend when Superdrug had BOGOF. Arrived yesterday, excited to give them a go.

theghosttown

VIP Member
Double wear is my holy grail. But I absolutely love IT cosmetics your skin but better cc cream with mac mineralize skin finish.

idk2

VIP Member
I resisted the Estee Lauder DW hype for YEARS. Gave in last year and have never looked back! I dont think my skin has ever looked better however I will say I get the most compliments when I wear Nars Sheer Glow - every week without fail when I used to work in retail, girls would ask me what my base was! Dont get that kind of pick me up anymore 🤣 Maybe I should go back to it lol

Reactions: 2

Sw4

VIP Member
ELDW is great but sometimes it's a bit too much coverage and also it used to make me break out in tiny spots everywhere (could barely see them unless in stark light) and made my skin feel drier. I now use Double Wear Light which is good enough but I don't think it's the best holy grail type thing. I feel cheap foundations just slide off me but I can't afford to keep trying expensive ones. I do want to try Luminous Silk next though as I've heard amazing things about it.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I use Rommel 24h breathable. I don’t like anything too thick and much prefer to look natural. Shame is discontinued and I have to get it off eBay now 😔

• Haha

Lollypad

VIP Member
YSL's touche eclat foundation, and the blur primer for me. I was a Bobbi Brown gal for a while, but I've just come back to YSL and remembered why it was my first proper foundation!
I loved the Laura Mercier primer, but now they've changed the formula I'm wary :(

laughing

VIP Member
Hi. To be fair it was £10 and I am impressed. I think I got slightly the wrong shade, lighter than darker but no assistant to help me!
It goes on lovely and stays on.
No reaction to my sensitive skin.
But EL did not upset my skin either which is why I stayed with it for so long.
Working from home now, I don't need to spend £34 on EL, when Rimmel also does the trick.
May even use it on a night out, when we are allowed out again!

Oldbutnew

Oooh glad I found this thread as I’ve been on the hunt for a new foundation- in lockdown I’ve stuck to a cheap and cheerful Rimmel.
I’ve tried double wear and probably got a shade darker than needed! ( boots have an offer currently for £34 and a free gift set worth around £80) most shades out of stock when I checked though! 🙄
found Mac was too thick for me. I have a fairly dry face.
I saw Helen Flannigan use Nars on a video so think I’ll give that a go.
I use revolution concealer and have a highlighter set so I’m tempted to give that foundation a go before Nars.

hrh89

VIP Member
I use Max Factor False Lash Effect and wouldn't change. I have long lashes that take a nice amount of mascara without looking clumpy to spidery, but the curl doesn't hold with anything else. It's £5 on Amazon and doesn't go dry, but I do place it between my thighs as I do the rest of my make up so maybe the heat helps?

Oh which YSL - the touche eclat one? I've heard good things about that.
Max factor false lash is my holy grail too! I use the waterproof one because my eyelashes are straight and I curl them. The regular forumla doesn’t hold the curl but the waterproof does! I get mine off ebay for like £4. Will never buy different

Also if anyone’s after a good full coverage powder, L’Oréal Infallible is the best!

37BBL

VIP Member
I've tried loads. Mac studio fix, bobbi brown, nars sheer flow, illamasqua face base, clinique stay in place. Always go back to estee lauder double wear, I just find it's the best I have found but I'm not sure its my perfect one to be honest.

What does everyone use? X

37BBL

VIP Member
I really wasn’t impressed with Double Wear. It didn’t do anything amazing for me to warrant that price. My holy grail is good old Revlon colorstay. Can’t beat it.
I used to use that when I was younger, I think the formula changed or my skin type did as I tried it afew months ago and didn't get on with it 😌

gukkies

My skin flakes and peels something terrible even with all of the care and hydration I put into it, so I tend to prioritise my skincare as my base. The only foundation I stand by is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. It's buildable, doesn't cake or look noticeable on the skin, and it gives a natural glow.

• Heart