What Foundation/Base Product Do You Use?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My skin flakes and peels something terrible even with all of the care and hydration I put into it, so I tend to prioritise my skincare as my base. The only foundation I stand by is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. It's buildable, doesn't cake or look noticeable on the skin, and it gives a natural glow.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Seems like alot of us like a bit of double wear!!
I really want to try Charlotte tilbury too, or urban decay.
I was the same, tried CT and it was atrocious. Same with laura mercier. Just slid off my face!!

Reactions: 3
I've tried loads. Mac studio fix, bobbi brown, nars sheer flow, illamasqua face base, clinique stay in place. Always go back to estee lauder double wear, I just find it's the best I have found but I'm not sure its my perfect one to be honest.

What does everyone use? X
So I was a huge double wear fan until they stopped doing my shade.. I’m very fair.
So then switched to Charlotte tilbury...

Someone then told me about make up revolution.. I tried it and omg it’s AMAZING! And normally on offer in Superdrug (sold out atm) honestly can’t believe how great it is for the price! I really recommend it to you all who love double wear/CT as it’s so similar yet cheap!

Attachments

Reactions: 4
So I was a huge double wear fan until they stopped doing my shade.. I’m very fair.

Someone then told me about make up revolution.. I tried it and omg it’s AMAZING! And normally on offer in Superdrug (sold out atm) honestly can’t believe how great it is for the price! I really recommend it to you all who love double wear/CT as it’s so similar yet cheap!
I ordered 2 of these last weekend when Superdrug had BOGOF. Arrived yesterday, excited to give them a go.

Reactions: 3
No7 Serum foundation. It’s £18 which I don’t think is bad, not too thick but good coverage and doesn’t go shiny.

Ok I an a ELDW girl but during the summer I need a lighter foundation as my pasty white skin actually gets a bit of colour. So I will try this. Alot have spoken about this brand. So thank you all

Reactions: 1
YSL's touche eclat foundation, and the blur primer for me. I was a Bobbi Brown gal for a while, but I've just come back to YSL and remembered why it was my first proper foundation!
I loved the Laura Mercier primer, but now they've changed the formula I'm wary :(

I use Too Faced ‘Born this way’ foundation. I suffer from terrible psoriasis on my face and hairline. This is the only foundation in years that hasn’t made my psoriasis flaky.

Rimmel lasting radiance for normal. Or double wear max coverage on bad skin days, my undereyes are really dark and I use the double wear as a concealer too

In the past I have flitted between double wear and mac studio fix.

I now wear L’Oréal Infalliable and absolutely adore it, I’ll never go back to high end. They do a matte one and a fresh wear one. It’s coverage is really good but doesn’t feel like a mask which double wear tends to do. I wear the fresh wear one and for the coverage it’s really dewy. Spray with Urban Decay All Nighter and it lasts the whole day. I’ve worn it on day drinks and stayed out until 3am and it’s stayed on.

the only thing Id say is the shade range isn’t as good as the high end products, so I buy 2 and mix to get my best shade, but I’m very pale. I usually buy when Superdrug do 2 for £12.

Someone bought me the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder glow last year for Christmas, and I love it under make up. My skin is quite dry so I find most primers don’t work for me the way they do for oilier skin. I tend to just moisturise loads and let it dry. So if anyone can recommend a good primer for dry skin hit me up.
I use NYX Pro foundation mixer to lighten my foundation as Im in between shades with Mac.

Ok I an a ELDW girl but during the summer I need a lighter foundation as my pasty white skin actually gets a bit of colour. So I will try this. Alot have spoken about this brand. So thank you all
I popped into Superdrug to pick this up (Revolution) but I noticed that it has hyaluronic acid in it. I don't think that's very good for sensitive skin, is it?

I've worn Double Wear in the past but it's too dry for my skin now. Used to love Lancome Teint Idole but I tried No7 Hydraluminous after Sali Hughes recommended it in a column and loads in the comments section said it was fab. I absolutely love it, the colour, Calico is perfect for me and it feels so nice to wear, so lightweight but good coverage. A really good value product, too.

Oooh glad I found this thread as I’ve been on the hunt for a new foundation- in lockdown I’ve stuck to a cheap and cheerful Rimmel.
I’ve tried double wear and probably got a shade darker than needed! ( boots have an offer currently for £34 and a free gift set worth around £80) most shades out of stock when I checked though! 🙄
found Mac was too thick for me. I have a fairly dry face.
I saw Helen Flannigan use Nars on a video so think I’ll give that a go.
I use revolution concealer and have a highlighter set so I’m tempted to give that foundation a go before Nars.

I’ve heard the Revolution conceal and define concealer is also absolutely brilliant (some say even better than shape tape!)

Revolution foundation stick in F1 but used as concealer basically, the only one I've found that suits my skin tone.