What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do nothing. Caveat emptor, which basically means buyer beware.
You've not been dishonest about the car. You're not a garage. If he wanted to check it out mechanically before buying, he should have paid a mechanic to give it the once over.
The risk of buying a 2nd hand car, especially one of that age, is that there may we'll be something about to go wrong. It's a lottery. But that's the buyers risk. You have nothing to feel bad about, and under no circumstances offer him any money back!
Thank you, I appreciate that! It's the first time I've ever sold a car and just wasn't expecting it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you, I appreciate that! It's the first time I've ever sold a car and just wasn't expecting it at all.
Exactly as @Lalla posted.
That's the risk a buyer takes in a private sale. There are no guarantees, end of.
Don't entertain their complaints.

Reactions: 3
Update - 2hrs and 50 minutes later... No food, restaurant closed and a totally thrilling Friday night.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
apparently Tesco have cancelled all deliveries for the rest of the day! Seen it on the news
Yeh I have seen that too

Very annoying. The store was packed lots of home shopping pickers putting orders back on the shelves!!! I would have happy collected mine 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I live in a council house that's classed as a miscellaneous property because its the only council house on a street that every property is owned... I work, keep my house tidy, pay my rent but my neighbours still resent me. The snobbery is horrendous. Dirty looks, sarcastic comments, bins kicked over etc..
Thanks for letting me rant

I think they are just arseholes I have a small SH bungalow and I'm surrounded by millionaires and very old money, been here since 2011 and never had any problems with them. in fact during covid they were leaving me little treats on my step (CEV and disabled) and getting bits for me from the shops. It could not have been easy for them having a small block of SH bungalows built here on the fields that were their view before fields one way village green the other but they have never made us suffer for that.

arseholes IMO @MycatElvis so duck em

Reactions: 6
Had my garden all done few months ago new turf etc. Hose pipe ban on the way so my lovely new grass probs die....waste of money BUT...i wonder if all the m.p.'s, hob nobs all those living within beautiful grounds will allow their gardens to die due to the ban or will it be one rule for us minions again and one for them?

Reactions: 6
Had my garden all done few months ago new turf etc. Hose pipe ban on the way so my lovely new grass probs die....waste of money BUT...i wonder if all the m.p.'s, hob nobs all those living within beautiful grounds will allow their gardens to die due to the ban or will it be one rule for us minions again and one for them?
Exactly. Nothing they do ever affects the rich and famous trouble is people excuse it with a "oh well what can you do"

Just seen on tiktok a mother saying she’s “so glad” she doesn’t have to send her child to nursery and then went on to share lots of headlines about deaths in UK nurseries. What a privileged life she lives. Does that mean I don’t care about my child because I send her to nursery so I can work full time?! Also what a horrible way to scaremonger mums who may also have no choice, not all nurseries are bad! My daughter has been going since she was 9 months old (she is 3 in 5 weeks) and is thriving!! My god. It’s really rattled my cage this morning!

Reactions: 9
Just seen on tiktok a mother saying she’s “so glad” she doesn’t have to send her child to nursery and then went on to share lots of headlines about deaths in UK nurseries. What a privileged life she lives. Does that mean I don’t care about my child because I send her to nursery so I can work full time?! Also what a horrible way to scaremonger mums who may also have no choice, not all nurseries are bad! My daughter has been going since she was 9 months old (she is 3 in 5 weeks) and is thriving!! My god. It’s really rattled my cage this morning!
WTF! Nursery is really good for children. I am extremely lucky as both mine and my partners moms are retired and happy to do childcare which will save us some $$ but my baby will absolutely be going to nursery part time

Just carry on watering it. Fill buckets from the tap inside and if anyone asks just say it’s waste water from bath/shower.

She sounds like a crack pot. Just ignore it.

People revving up their engines and accelerating like they're on a damned racing cycle. It's an effing street you're on buddy, not some formula 1 track, people live here.
I actually wrote to the noise protection department of my city to explain the situation and whether there's anything they could possibly do about it. Can't even leave the windows open some nights without earplugs in as some twit thinks it's a great time to test how loud their car can get.

Reactions: 8
Currently in a and e after a fight with the pavement (my face lost) feeling annoyed with myself as I look a head and is my mates birthday.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
2 day hangover from 3 glasses of wine on Friday night. I don't have the patience for it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
People overfishing for likes on social media. Ok hun we get you went to 10 different countries this year unlike most of us 🤦🏻‍♀️😂.

People overfishing for likes on social media. Ok hun we get you went to 10 different countries this year unlike most of us 🤦🏻‍♀️😂.
I also think this thign of "I have visited ____ number of countries" is stupid, you could spend a whole lifetime visiting one country to know it well, this tick box thing of needing to visit as many as possible is pointless imo

If you know me, you know I think working is very overrated.

You're basically trading each hour of your life for whatever your employer has decided each hour of your life is worth to pay you to show up.

Coming out of the Job Centre the other day some portly bald guy tried looking down his nose at me, a simple “don’t forget to set your alarm clock for Monday morning” put him right back in his place. He sulked off frustrated and impotent.

Hilarious knowing that a % of his pay is taken each month to support me and people like me, and there’s nothing he can do about it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.