What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm fed up with friends turning up late to meet me!

I have one friend who is ALWAYS at least 30 mins late and her excuses are tit e.g. 'I realised my daughters bedroom was messy so needed to tidy it' - wtf! I told her I wasn't happy sitting on my own waiting and she said she'll be on time next time. Stupidly I believed her and the next time I phoned her when I arrived at the coffee shop, she hadn't finished doing her hair so hadnt left yet. I went and did my whole food shop before she arrived.

Another friend I was meeting with our kids at the park and she was 30 mins late which meant I had 30 mins of 'when are they coming' being asked by my kids. The same one was due to come to mine for a cuppa and was an hour late meaning she had about 10 mins at mine before I had to leave. This person asked to meet me this week but I said sorry I am busy. The real reason is that I cant be arsed with the rage I will feel when she is late.

I wouldn't mind if it was the odd occasion, but it's every single time!

Am I the only person who arrives on time? Is it normal these days to be late ? Are my standards too high? 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I have one friend who is ALWAYS at least 30 mins late and her excuses are tit e.g. 'I realised my daughters bedroom was messy so needed to tidy it' - wtf! I told her I wasn't happy sitting on my own waiting and she said she'll be on time next time. Stupidly I believed her and the next time I phoned her when I arrived at the coffee shop, she hadn't finished doing her hair so hadnt left yet. I went and did my whole food shop before she arrived.

Another friend I was meeting with our kids at the park and she was 30 mins late which meant I had 30 mins of 'when are they coming' being asked by my kids. The same one was due to come to mine for a cuppa and was an hour late meaning she had about 10 mins at mine before I had to leave. This person asked to meet me this week but I said sorry I am busy. The real reason is that I cant be arsed with the rage I will feel when she is late.

Am I the only person who arrives on time? Is it normal these days to be late ? Are my standards too high? 😩
I hate that too. Especially when you'd discussed a time before hand and they knew how much time they'd need to be ready and out. I think it's lazy and rude to be late continuously, shows lack of respect too. I hate the ones when they are still in the bath or like you said, doing their hair so that means they aren't in any rush.

Reactions: 10

I can’t stand people being late! I’m a very punctual person and I basically find it rude when people can’t turn up on time. I hate the feeling of being rushed so always prepare to set off with plenty of time! It’s not hard 😂

Reactions: 10

I used to know someone who would moan if I was 2 minutes late but didn't get my issue of him being 15 minutes late.(one of the reasons why we're not friends any more) He lived 5 minutes away so didn't have the issue of traffic.

Having to deal with such an incompetent housing association.

Reactions: 3

It shows a lack of respect to be honest and I’ve also been sat waiting like a lemon for a hour +.

If you do meet up with them just add an extra 30 mins to your arrival time.

Reactions: 4
People who keep a load of different drafts in the same folder, rather than archive the old ones and just keep the latest. It's even worse when they aren't label differently. I imagine these people keep a very messy house too! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My narc mother has done it again. She knows I had a work presentation scheduled for noon today, so called at 9:30 am to complain about her stomach ache and arthritis. What? Am I your doctor? My husband actually went over to her house, but she really only wants to see me. I got dragged over immediately after my meeting, but could tell she’s just whining. She wanted to curl her hair before we took her to the hospital emergency room. (We were never going to the ER. That’s just extra drama.) She has a regular doctor appointment tomorrow, but can’t ever wait for any discomfort to pass. She literally jugs Pepto Bismol from the bottle, drinks zero water, and is shocked that her dumbass way doesn’t work. My husband thinks I’m kind of awful, but I know that woman. She’s fine. She just forced a visit during my workday: she won. Yay for her. 🙄
A few years ago, I found out that her Plan was for me to nurse her in her final years. I said nope. Never wanted to be a nurse, will not be yours. She flipped out. I held firm. No freaking way.
Thank you for allowing me to rant!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I want to rant (but I'm actually too tired to do so) about elderly people who have literally spent all day emailing me about their issues. I'm not a nurse. I have a full time job. And I spend my evening reading about how life is so awful for them. They are so ungrateful. Some of us worked on the frontline during the pandemic and tbh are just grateful to be alive but not them. Fookin moaning the whole bluddy time! And I mean moaning about absolutely everything. Urgh. I didn't even see my daughter for months on end. But no, they are moaning because they couldn't play bingo in the social club for about a month. Do fook off.

My narc mother has done it again. She knows I had a work presentation scheduled for noon today, so called at 9:30 am to complain about her stomach ache and arthritis. What? Am I your doctor? My husband actually went over to her house, but she really only wants to see me. I got dragged over immediately after my meeting, but could tell she’s just whining. She wanted to curl her hair before we took her to the hospital emergency room. (We were never going to the ER. That’s just extra drama.) She has a regular doctor appointment tomorrow, but can’t ever wait for any discomfort to pass. She literally jugs Pepto Bismol from the bottle, drinks zero water, and is shocked that her dumbass way doesn’t work. My husband thinks I’m kind of awful, but I know that woman. She’s fine. She just forced a visit during my workday: she won. Yay for her. 🙄
A few years ago, I found out that her Plan was for me to nurse her in her final years. I said nope. Never wanted to be a nurse, will not be yours. She flipped out. I held firm. No freaking way.
Oh my god. I just read your post after posting mine. I'm in almost the same situation. I have discovered that I was adopted as the only girl in the family for exactly that purpose. I have FOUR of them trying it on. Huge hugs for you. You are not alone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Is there any way you can go no contact with her? I can relate so hard, all the way down to the "winning" that the Narcs always need to achieve. It's horrible and I'm so sorry she's like this.

And I bet your husband had a pretty normal family. Peolle raised by normal parents will never get the bullshit a narc will rain down on you. They cannot imagine a parent purposely hurting their child. Good for them but it makes it super hard to make them understand that, no, I'm not being a dick by staying away from them, it's literally to protect my sanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is there any way you can go no contact with her? I can relate so hard, all the way down to the "winning" that the Narcs always need to achieve. It's horrible and I'm so sorry she's like this.

And I bet your husband had a pretty normal family. Peolle raised by normal parents will never get the bullshit a narc will rain down on you. They cannot imagine a parent purposely hurting their child. Good for them but it makes it super hard to make them understand that, no, I'm not being a dick by staying away from them, it's literally to protect my sanity.
Thank you for your very kind reply. I’m sorry for your struggle, too. 💜
I can’t go NC but instead just try to limit my time with her. She does insist upon a daily phone call (since covid lockdowns), during which I color a nice picture on my phone and make occasional comments. At 57 (me) and 87 (narc), nothing will get better or change.
Husband’s family was weird in their own way, abusive drunk dad who was very successful and patient angelic mom. Both gone for ten years now. He did some NC years with them, then reestablished contact in his 30s. He does not understand the narcissist.
His attitude toward his parents is very forgiving. I want to forgive and keep working on it, but it’s not like I get time off from the narc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My restless legs stopping me sleeping night after night.
Rude people at work who seem to look down on me as I’m just the cleaner. There’s only one of me and yet they can’t remember my name and leave notes for me as “the cleaner” 🤬
They seem to think that my role includes plumbing…sorting out blockages and reattaching toilet handles. Yeah, my £9/hr should cover that 🤯

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Posted daughters documents for a passport on Tuesday, they was meant to arrive Wednesday morning at the Corby passport office for it to still say in transit on the post office tracker 🙃. Partners and sons have arrived (different passport offices) so I’ve currently no idea if it’s lost which post office said it won’t be, that it’s at the Corby office and just not been signed for as it’s been sent in a bulk (what post office said to me yesterday) or there’s a slight delay in that area which is what they told my partner when he rang. Getting really fed up with it and partner is getting fed up of hearing me moan 🥲

Reactions: 1
Why the hell did Apple make the i-Mac charger so God damn heavy! I've had 5 new leads in the last two years and they all fray because of the weight. It also no longer runs unless on full charge or plugged in so I spend half my life trying to get the lead to 'ding' so I know it's charging. It's not even their hardware, but we still have to pay through the nose for new accessories. I hate Apple so much!

Reactions: 2
Why the hell did Apple make the i-Mac charger so God damn heavy! I've had 5 new leads in the last two years and they all fray because of the weight. It also no longer runs unless on full charge or plugged in so I spend half my life trying to get the lead to 'ding' so I know it's charging. It's not even their hardware, but we still have to pay through the nose for new accessories. I hate Apple so much!
Because it "looks pretty"

I'm so fed up of trying to make plans with mums with children the same age as mine. There are two ladies at work that have children the same age (give or take a couple of months) as my daughter, and they keep on saying "hey we should do x" but whenever I try and actually make plans, they blank me.. I think it's particularly annoying because in both cases, it's THEM that has suggested it, not me. Like if it was me pestering them saying "hey we should go and do this!" And they were too polite to say no, then I would kinda get it, but in both cases on two separate occasions they've come across all enthusiastic and making suggestions and then just blanked me :( I don't think I'm pushy- if they say "hey we could do this" I'll reply with something like "that sounds great! I could do x, y, z days, would any of those work for you?" But I'm really starting to feel like I'm doing something wrong, and it's really getting me down :(

I get things come up and circumstances change and such, but surely they could just say "oh sorry, I don't think I can now". It just seems really ignorant to completely ignore me, especially when it was their idea in the first place..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm so fed up of trying to make plans with mums with children the same age as mine. There are two ladies at work that have children the same age (give or take a couple of months) as my daughter, and they keep on saying "hey we should do x" but whenever I try and actually make plans, they blank me.. I think it's particularly annoying because in both cases, it's THEM that has suggested it, not me. Like if it was me pestering them saying "hey we should go and do this!" And they were too polite to say no, then I would kinda get it, but in both cases on two separate occasions they've come across all enthusiastic and making suggestions and then just blanked me :( I don't think I'm pushy- if they say "hey we could do this" I'll reply with something like "that sounds great! I could do x, y, z days, would any of those work for you?" But I'm really starting to feel like I'm doing something wrong, and it's really getting me down :(

I get things come up and circumstances change and such, but surely they could just say "oh sorry, I don't think I can now". It just seems really ignorant to completely ignore me, especially when it was their idea in the first place..
I swear people only say these as lip service. It's like when you leave a job and everyone does the 'keep in touch' crap. They never mean it!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.