What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My beautiful 8 year old cat literally dropped dead a few days ago out of nowhere (wasn't ill that we knew of and not hit by a car) I should be sad but I just feel angry.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
The Grand National is disgrace. A horse died yesterday, I just looked and 55 horses have died at the National event since 2000, absolutely awful. Poor horses 😪.

Horse racing should go the same way as cock-fighting, bear-baiting and fox-hunting - it's cruel and should be banned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
The Grand National is disgrace. A horse died yesterday, I just looked and 55 horses have died at the National event since 2000, absolutely awful. Poor horses 😪.

Horse racing should go the same way as cock-fighting, bear-baiting and fox-hunting - it's cruel and should be banned.
It should be banned. It’s so cruel. At the Cheltenham festival, 4 horses died, 73 since 2000. And according to some of my relatives who live there, some race goers behaved appallingly - urinating in parks, walking in the middle of the road and one of their neighbours had their milk delivery stolen from their doorstep on Gold Cup evening.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Going into a restaurant and walking straight out and having to find somewhere else, because the music is too loud.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My neighbour lied about me breaking covid rules. Result... two police at my door.

My friend swore in my garden, next door reported it to the police result... police interviewed my friend three time

Next door keeps cutting my plants ( they are not overhanging) I finally contact the police.... Result.. Their hands are tied, it's up to housing to sort .. WTAF? since when is it up to housing to sort a criminal offence? They didn't even knock at her door.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
My husband has set an alarm for 5:45am tomorrow to get up to watch the grand prix.

An alarm. On Sunday. At 5:45am

Surely grounds for divorce?? Unless you're going on holiday

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
My beautiful 8 year old cat literally dropped dead a few days ago out of nowhere (wasn't ill that we knew of and not hit by a car) I should be sad but I just feel angry.
I am so, so, so, sorry to hear that.

It happened to me recently too (with my dog) and I just feel ripped off! I'm angry, but I don't know who to be angry at. It's just so unfair!

Sending you much love.

My rant is that my neighbour is adamant that my hen is hers! My hen escaped over the fence and managed to ditch her ankle tag in the process, so I can't really prove that she's mine. When I call her (she's very tame) she comes, and I have photos of her but ... well, she does look like every other brown shaver! I've asked her to please let her back as her sisters miss her but she's not budging. She's a lovely lady, but because she lost one a couple of days prior, she's adamant she's hers, returned.
Just a wee update - she's back! She escaped the neighbour's property and found her way back to me! :LOL: She's such a clever wee hen. Her ankle tag is well and truly secured on now!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My husband has set an alarm for 5:45am tomorrow to get up to watch the grand prix.

An alarm. On Sunday. At 5:45am

Surely grounds for divorce?? Unless you're going on holiday
And he can't record it because? If there's sport at some ridiculous time, I'll record it.

Reactions: 4
People who drip-feed you a problem...

Someone posted about a problem on FB I replied to that post, and they got shirty with me because "this and that" was also happening All things I had no idea about because it was not in the post. "How dare I say that or this when this is happening."

Sorry if you cannot put together a post with all the info in, then I can only reply to the info I actually have.

And he can't record it because? If there's sport at some ridiculous time, I'll record it.
He likes to watch it live as he follows the live timings on his ipad at the same time 😑😑

Thankfully I managed to get back to sleep for a couple of hours

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The builders have been in all week and I’ve had enough of having a houseful.
Ditto .. i ive got a plasterer coming tomorrow. He reckons 3 full days ... yeah righto .. I know nothing about plastering but have had them in before and this work is extensive , it'll take more than 3 full days . I'm anticipating the week .. I might offer myself to work because my kitchen will be well out of bounds

Grand national AKA animal cruelty festival. Stupid women dressing up to be papped as 'best dressed', get a life ffs. You look like a bridesmaid/ugly wedding guest tbh. Hate people so much! 😡 Except ones who are in support of animal rights of course. This really should be banned, you wouldn't ride or treat a horse so badly like that if you went horse riding would you.

Also, Nicola peltz or Brooklyn Beckham. Reading their names make me scream internally. Truly do not give a tit what they do or if they are getting married. Why is this being treated like a royal wedding? Wish the media wouldn't make a massive song and dance about the Beckham's or celebrity off spring it's just incredibly boring and shoved down our throats..sorry, long detailed rant. I'm also on my period so I'm extra ranty.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
All I want is a cigarette but I can't. I've made it to 9 weeks without them but I am mentally falling apart. Like suicidal thoughts / being tempted to cut myself after not having done that in 15 years type of mentally falling apart. Why is it a choice between fags and depression? bleeping ludacris, I'm a 33 year old woman why still can't get her tit together. Life is passing me by while I loathe myself more and more evry day.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
All I want is a cigarette but I can't. I've made it to 9 weeks without them but I am mentally falling apart. Like suicidal thoughts / being tempted to cut myself after not having done that in 15 years type of mentally falling apart. Why is it a choice between fags and depression? bleeping ludacris, I'm a 33 year old woman why still can't get her tit together. Life is passing me by while I loathe myself more and more evry day.
I hope you’re okay?! Smoking is very hard to give up. I quit cigarettes a good few years ago but have replaced it with vaping. Vaping is an option if it makes you feel this bad. If you’ve been having suicidal thoughts please see your doctor today xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope you’re okay?! Smoking is very hard to give up. I quit cigarettes a good few years ago but have replaced it with vaping. Vaping is an option if it makes you feel this bad. If you’ve been having suicidal thoughts please see your doctor today xx
Thanks for the advice! I have actually switched between vaping and cigarettes for some time before quitting everything together. Vaping really made my lungs hurt in the long run.

Today is loads better (a good night's sleep does wonders for my sanity). I'll be talking to my therapist this week too so things will be better soon I'm sure. It was really helpful to just get it off my chest too, so thanks for listening! Nobody in my immediate vicinity seems to get how much it's hit me mentally, it's "just" cigarettes after all and I should be proud of myself, yada yada, while I just feel like tit.

• Heart
Thanks for the advice! I have actually switched between vaping and cigarettes for some time before quitting everything together. Vaping really made my lungs hurt in the long run.

Today is loads better (a good night's sleep does wonders for my sanity). I'll be talking to my therapist this week too so things will be better soon I'm sure. It was really helpful to just get it off my chest too, so thanks for listening! Nobody in my immediate vicinity seems to get how much it's hit me mentally, it's "just" cigarettes after all and I should be proud of myself, yada yada, while I just feel like tit.
Yes sleep definitely does work wonders. I’m glad you’re feeling more positive. I don’t think none smokers understand just how hard it is to give up and the effect it has. It’s an addiction! Some people just blame us for starting smoking in the first place but I’m sure most smokers would admit they wish they’d never started and a lecture isn’t what’s needed when someone wants to quit. It’s support that’s needed. I hope you’re okay x

• Heart
Water bottles that are not recyclable. I took a bag of Amazon Fresh water bottles and a Starbucks Ethos water bottle to be recycled today and the machine wouldn’t accept them. Wtf 😑

Reactions: 1
2 weeks after my oral surgery and I still can’t bloody eat anything. I’m living on baby food fruit purée jars and protein shakes. It feels like somebody burnt half my face off 😔 . I can’t speak properly as I’ve got this stupid lisp now and I’m just thoroughly pissed off 😤

• Sad
  • Heart
Nailing myself in my 30s to a career path I wanted in my 20s but have completely lost interest in/outgrown, and not seeing a way out.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.