What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My rant.. My work colleague has called in sick with covid for the fourth time since January! Yes she claims to have had covid 4 times since January! She will now have a week off and it really leaves me up the creek taking on her workload as well.
Is it possible to catch covid 4 times in 6 months? Or is she having me on! She is triple jabbed.. Young and healthy.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
My rant.. My work colleague has called in sick with covid for the fourth time since January! Yes she claims to have had covid 4 times since January! She will now have a week off and it really leaves me up the creek taking on her workload as well.
Is it possible to catch covid 4 times in 6 months? Or is she having me on! She is triple jabbed.. Young and healthy.
She can't be far off a meeting with HR if she's been off that much.

Reactions: 3
Does she have children?

Housemate has a friend around. He walked into my bedroom by mistake, cue me screaming my head off at a strange man coming in. Then strange man locked himself into the bathroom and wouldn't come out for a while, I thought he'd passed out. I bumped into him just now and asked if he was ok and he said he was fucked. I think they've been doing drugs...!

Can't wait until my flat is ready, 1-2 months to go

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I have had Covid all week and it's unpleasant and boring. I'm only getting 3-4 full on coughing fits a day, but coughing until you can't catch your breath and then start to vomit is no fun, then you're kind of just waiting for it to happen again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I have had Covid all week and it's unpleasant and boring. I'm only getting 3-4 full on coughing fits a day, but coughing until you can't catch your breath and then start to vomit is no fun, then you're kind of just waiting for it to happen again.
Can you keep liquids/food down? Hope someone is looking after you x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People who dont know how to drive on a roundabout. .
I drive for a living and it is unbelievable the amount of people who just sit there with a gormless look on their face as if thinking ( Now what?) 🤔
Seriously, the amount of time wasted, and then typically, we ALL start to move at the same time!!

Agghhhhhh 👊
A roundabout near me I’ve seen three people drive the WRONG WAY round recently, I use it daily and I’ve wondered wtf is going through their head.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Can you keep liquids/food down? Hope someone is looking after you x
Thank you x I don't have much of an appetite but I've been living on ice pops and ice cream. My husband has been a star but he has chronic asthma and I really don't want him catching it as well.

I'm ranting about our neighbours....... they've got a new wood pizza oven in the garden and the bleeping thing absolutely stinks when they start it up. I'd just got home after a really tough day, opened all the doors and windows and hung a full line of washing out when they lit it NEXT TO THE FENCE :mad::mad: I just can't get the smell out of the house now, I could cry.

And they had a pile of pizza boxes on the table so they're cooking shop bought crap in it!!! Just why................

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm ranting about our neighbours....... they've got a new wood pizza oven in the garden and the bleeping thing absolutely stinks when they start it up. I'd just got home after a really tough day, opened all the doors and windows and hung a full line of washing out when they lit it NEXT TO THE FENCE :mad::mad: I just can't get the smell out of the house now, I could cry.

And they had a pile of pizza boxes on the table so they're cooking shop bought crap in it!!! Just why................
Im just about to buy 1 for hubby for his birthday. . Ive gone for the duel fuel version but as I'm not a fan of my snobby neighbours I actually can't wait to ruin her evenings!!

Sorry for your tit night though.

Reactions: 1
Outside lane hoggers giving me rage today! How can people still not understand the rules of a roundabout? Just get off the road!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Outside lane hoggers giving me rage today! How can people still not understand the rules of a roundabout? Just get off the road!
I drive for a living. .
I see it regularly, its "usually" old people or new drivers . .

I followed someone today who gave way to everyone who came their way, regardless of right of way etc . .
Like, zzzzzzz.
By the end of my 8 hr day, I'd had enough, had people throwing their arms up at me and just being total knobs,
Mate, read the road . .
Im bored sick of cocks like you . .

• Heart
There are a lot of driving rants!

I posted earlier about housemate's friend walking into my bedroom earlier then passing out in the bathroom. Apparently it was too much coke, he's gone now, hopefully to sleep it off.

Housemate will not leave me alone. I was relaxing downstairs trying to watch dangerous liaisons but he kept insisting on a 'talk' and trying to encourage me to go to his bedroom if I wanted anything.

It's making me quite miserable as I'm being pestered. He can't accept I don't want to talk I just want peace and quiet. He's all up in your face, sexual innuendo.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It could be possible ... I do know someone who has had it three times, despite being triple jabbed. They've also had a really bad strain of 'flu which saw them admitted to hospital with pneumonia. A bit of a worry as they're only in their mid-20s, healthy and active.

Reactions: 5
My neighbour coughing.

I spent a couple of hours in the garden Thursday and they were coughing every couple of minutes, a really short dry cough.

Spent another hour in the garden yesterday and same thing.

Went out yesterday evening to talk through the work I'm doing with my husband - still coughing.

Opened the door to let the dog out just now - coughing.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Go inside. Stop coughing.

I think this is dubious.
4 times, yes. 4 times in 6 months, nope.

So apparently my husband was condescending to her, he kept her waiting when she had other dogs in the van and that she wouldn't have taken him if he'd just eaten as it could cause stomach issues. FML 🤦‍♀️

His response is that she said afternoon, just after 12 isn't afternoon so he wasn't prepared, that he wasn't condescending (which I'd agree with, he isn't usually) and he didn't realise about the food.

Can really do without a stroppy dog walker who goes in a huff rather than actually speaks to the owner. Husband said dog was all harnessed up and sat looking out the window for ages 😔
Totally agree with the dog walker not taking dog out after eating. What breed is he?

Last edited:
My neighbour and I share a fence that is overgrown with ivy. I wanted to remove the ivy when I bought the house, she didn't and insisted there was an agreement with the previous owner.

Ok sure. Not happy about that but I won't be starting a fight with her over bloody ivy.

Now, she's retired but I work 40+ hrs a week, need to do renovations and I also have a dog. So my time is blooy well spent already, in addition to household etc.

Today I went outside to look at the garden and what do I see? She's cut the ivy on top. On my side it looks ugly as duck, and she left all the bleeping cuttings lying on my side of the fence. Suffocating the oregano plants, in all my flower beds too. Bloody passive agressiveness is getting on my last nerve!!!

Cut it, whatever, you cow, but then clean the duck up! Now I've spent the whole morning gardening which I did NOT want to do in 30 °C heat to get it somewhat nice again.

She's also weeding my walkway every month, saying "I kNoW yOu DoNt CaRe". No you stupid old git, I just don't have the bleeping TIME!!!!!

She also keeps on "joking" about me being single at 33. Ha ha. Funny how I would love to have a family but it's just not happening, so hilarious.
The agreement with the previous owner ended when they sold and left.

We had next doors ivy growing all over our house in the garden from their side . Whilst it might look nice it ruins the bricks. It had even climbed into the kitchen vent.

Get rid of it. We only got a payment from them when he wanted to sell.

Leaving the cuttings is beyond rude.

Yes it’s possible. the people who i know who have had covid twice/ thrice have all been triple jabbed. The vaccines don’t stop you getting them.

Last edited:
My neighbour coughing.

I spent a couple of hours in the garden Thursday and they were coughing every couple of minutes, a really short dry cough.

Went out yesterday evening to talk through the work I'm doing with my husband - still coughing.

I think this is dubious.

Totally agree with the dog walker not taking dog out after eating. What breed is he?
That would drive me insane . .
I cannot bare the sound of someone coughing 😖

• Haha
I hate hot weather. I hate hay fever and feeling sweaty and the sun blinding me. I hate the pressure of doing things or going anywhere because ‘nice’ just to be uncomfortable. I hate anything over 16 degrees.

I’m not a miserable cow I promise. I just prefer Autumn 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My neighbour coughing.

I think this is dubious.

I had no issue with her not taking him after eating but she came much earlier than expected and then buggered off without telling my husband she was leaving. She's also ignored my message and didn't pick him up for a walk I had booked for the following day so seriously unimpressed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.