What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a scan today and needed dye so had a canula. It took longer to wait to have the canula removed than it did for the scan.
Really? I had one recently when I had an mri and it was the first thing they did. Removed it. I hate cannulas!

Reactions: 1
Really? I had one recently when I had an mri and it was the first thing they did. Removed it. I hate cannulas!
I had to wait for mine to be removed CT took 2 minutes and had to wait around 10 minutes.

People who leave things until the last minute despite being given a few weeks notice.

Reactions: 3
People who go up to a bus or train that's just leaving and knock on the doors expecting to be allowed to board

"Quiet coaches" on trains. They are just there to make self righteous people feel smug about not using a mobile; they don't actually help anyone. If you are ill, you shouldn't be on a packed train (for your own sake as much as anyone else's.) If you want to sleep, you can use earplugs. If you need to work, either you or your employer can upgrade to first class rather than being squashed into standard with no room. If you have young children with you, it's difficult to keep them quiet - so you should not be in the "quiet coach"

Reactions: 4
I'll rant on the unfairness of life. I learned today that the small daughter of my colleague passed away 😥 just two years old. He brought her over during a work trip six weeks ago.
(I don't know what happened).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Trying to book a call back from my GP.

Online form - when are you not avaiable?
Me: After 1pm Tuesday
GP surgery: I've booked you a call for 1pm Tuesday.

Booked another one and said no to after 12pm Friday. They've booked me one for 6.30pm Friday. I'm away. I don't want to be taking calls then.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I bought a ginger slice kit the other day (you just need to add eggs, butter, milk and crystalised ginger). It cost a fortune - almost $20 but the woman at the shop said it's one of the nicest she's ever tasted and well worth the money.

I made it tonight, following the instructions to the dot, and it was a major flop. There were two sachets in the box - one with white powder, and one with brown powder (both with the same texture). The instructions stated to mix the 'batter' with the eggs, butter and milk in a frying pan; as neither of the sachets were labeled (and there was nothing on the manufacturer's website to clarify which was which), I presumed that the 'batter' one was that with white powder, and the 'icing' was the one containing brown powder.

It turns out that the bag containing the brown powder was the 'batter', not the white ... which I only realised when it wouldn't turn into a crumbly mix ready to be baked ... instead I was left with a sticky, gooey mess. I tried to 'save' it by adding in the bag containing the brown powder, but that didn't work.

So, I may as well have just thrown $20 down the drain, plus another $20 for the eggs, butter and milk.

Instead of taking what was meant to be a delicious slice to book club tomorrow, I'm going to have to make cheese scones instead. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I'm really furious about all the money and effort wasted on making this slice. I've messaged the manufacturer to ask them to please take the time to label the sachets so nobody else gets caught out like this.

Trying to book a call back from my GP.

Online form - when are you not avaiable?
Me: After 1pm Tuesday
GP surgery: I've booked you a call for 1pm Tuesday.

Booked another one and said no to after 12pm Friday. They've booked me one for 6.30pm Friday. I'm away. I don't want to be taking calls then.
I shouldn't laugh, but isn't this infuriating? My practice is the same - you say what you don't want, and they'll give it to you!

Reactions: 1
Police called earlier. I've been having some harassment both sexually and intimidation, seems to have stopped now as they know I'll be straight on to the police. There are 2 of them.

They asked if I would be happy to go to court and I warily said "court...?" I hadn't even considered this as an option, as long as it stops that's all I want.

• Heart
My 23 year old daughter who thinks everything I do I need her permission for and I’m sick of it. If I’m at my friends I have the calls yelling where am I I say out I get the where too who with and all that stuff it’s my buisness not hers the person I did have to answer to died 4 years ago!
sorry but I’ve had enough😢

• Sad
  • Heart
My 23 year old daughter who thinks everything I do I need her permission for and I’m sick of it. If I’m at my friends I have the calls yelling where am I I say out I get the where too who with and all that stuff it’s my buisness not hers the person I did have to answer to died 4 years ago!
sorry but I’ve had enough😢
Don't let her bully you - you have your own life independent of her.

Do you think it might be anxiety based?

Don't let her bully you - you have your own life independent of her.

Do you think it might be anxiety based?
Hi No I don’t think it is whatever it is she’s going through I just wish she’d stop with her attitude and try to talk to me so if she needs help I can help her with that but it’s getting kicked back in my face so I’m now close to either a breakdown or kicking her out (which I wholeheartedly do not want to do). It’s okay for her to live a life of Reilly but not me

• Heart
  • Sad
There's the whole internet out there but I am So. bleeping. BORED.

I have tons of books but they don't interest me, lots of ideas about projects I want to do where I just don't have the energy to get started.

YouTube bores me to death. Rewatching Time Team but even that is boring.

What the duck is wrong with me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I sold something on ebay and it went missing in the post so ebay sent a refund to the buyer. Apparently ebay can't get the money off me so have suspended my account. When I click on the thing to pay it , it says I don't have any outstanding fees. I've already made sure my details are up to date and ticked that they can use those details to collect fees from . Not sure what else I can do , it seems like the problem is at ebay's side

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I just asked the bloke in the off licence for 20 silk cut purple, so he says: I haven't seen them in years!
Er, ok. Except they do exist. I said: well, I bought some recently.
'no, they haven't been around for years'!
I went across the road to spar and like magic, 20 silk cut purple appeared.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Google sat nav that loses GPS in cities 😣
Thought it should work better in cities?!

I sold something on ebay and it went missing in the post so ebay sent a refund to the buyer. Apparently ebay can't get the money off me so have suspended my account. When I click on the thing to pay it , it says I don't have any outstanding fees. I've already made sure my details are up to date and ticked that they can use those details to collect fees from . Not sure what else I can do , it seems like the problem is at ebay's side
They deleted my account with close to £700 in it and there was nothing I could do 😪

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Hi No I don’t think it is whatever it is she’s going through I just wish she’d stop with her attitude and try to talk to me so if she needs help I can help her with that but it’s getting kicked back in my face so I’m now close to either a breakdown or kicking her out (which I wholeheartedly do not want to do). It’s okay for her to live a life of Reilly but not me
Sounds like you need to tell her you're switching your phone off when you go out. It's exhausting struggling to set boundaries.

Carpark thieves! My client has three parks - all labeled as 'reserved' and nearly every time I visit his office they're taken up by people not connected to his business. There is literally nowhere else to park, so I spent a good 45 minutes today visiting all the surrounding businesses and cafes to try and find out who at least one of them belonged to get them to move. Of course they were annoyed but too bad!

Reactions: 3
Sorry this was a longer rant than I thought

My daughter!
Her and her ex-partner ( amicable split) were living in the same home but now they have both got their own places. He has them ( three children) Sunday night till Wednesday night she has them Wednesday night till Sunday night. Last year me and her youngest planned a double sleepover with random treats and outings for her BD.. The time never seemed right and a year passed and she had another birthday but none of us (least of all the birthday girl) forgot the owed double sleepover treat weekend . So its been just over a year in the happening., Finally got a time/ day we were all happy with. Friday morning till Sunday and on Sunday the older two would come for the day as mum wanted to go out.

Then mum said I'm not sure I'm happy with the double sleepover as will miss her as don't see them as much as I used to .. I was a bit miffed ( as I noticed she didn't cancel me having the three of them on the Sunday) but anyway I said OK what about from Friday night then.. so yes that was OK

Cue this morning (Friday) can you pick her up this morning and also pick the older two from their friends and drop them off as they had a sleepover. WTAF? I said no, as I have loads to do this morning as thought I had another whole day.. So now I'm picking her up at 1pm as she wants to take the dog to a new doggy day care.. but feeling really resentful as normally would have taken her somewhere, then did my shopping where she gets to choose all her meals and treats have lunch out lunch etc

Because I thought I would not be going shopping I did it online and so got less for my £ and its things I hope she fancies not her own choices

I feel really pissed off.. as the only things planned for her treat is the village fete tomorrow afternoon ok its a very good fete it even has a air display and fair rides etc but .. ARGHHHH

(Sorry daughter if you ever read here but just arghhhhhh)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Did you start a new account?
No. I try not think about it as it makes me so angry. They asked me for the required I. D, I uploaded it, reassured me the account wouldn't be closed but closed it :mad:
I would probably have proof of the account through PayPal but have never looked into court action.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.