What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Being on holiday from work and getting woken up at 6.30am by next doors bloody occado delivery
They both drive and are in and out the house 50 millions times a day go to the bloody shop you lazy gits

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Been at my current job a year and a half, there's been no progress meetings or appraisals the entire time (small company, no real HR department) so I haven't had a raise the whole time.
Finally mustered up the courage to ask for a pay rise and got "I'll think about it" and it's proper deflated me. I like this job, it's so convenient for me and honestly if the pay was like £3-4k more I'd be happy. I've had plenty of praise from our customers, the boss has even come to me to say directors of other companies are praising me so, not to toot my own horn, I feel like I've proven I "deserve" a raise. I'm basically on minimum wage

But now I'm seriously considering finding another job which I hoped I wouldn't have to! 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Following on from paying over the odds for a stay cation
We love Scotland and go every year for about 4 or 5 days
But bloody hell the prices have gone ridiculous it’s gone from a fairly reasonable £50 to £80 to now
£145 or more a night just to sleep on some old mattress and eat bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast 🤔 factor in petrol and eating out if you are staying in a B&B and it starts adding up
We stayed at a very nice one that had a restaurant
( Isle of Skye) we had an evening meal. I went to pay in the morning and he said £108.00 I thought that was the price for the stay but he said “oh no we have already taken that the £108.00 is for last nights meal “ 😳
So now we are thinking days out, returning to sleep in our own bed 😀

• Wow
So partly my fault but someone told me to go duck my self today 🤣

I was waiting to cross the road with my baby in her pram and a van pulled up slowly in the middle of the highstreet then started to turn into the road that I was crossing. It’s a massive pet peeve of mine but he wasn’t indicating, so I said “indicate then?” And he said “sorry, love?” I said “you weren’t indicating so no one knows you were turning left” (I got the direction of travel wrong) and he said “I was turning right, I’m turning round!” Turns out he was going back the way he came . So I said “that doesn’t make it any better!” And he said “go duck yourself!” And drove off… so I said “you too!” Then I could see him going exactly the same route as I was going to be walking and had to worry that he was going to pull up for further confrontation 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I think it’s the heat making me a bit nuts and mouthy, but he really should have indicated, it’s annoying.

Reactions: 9
...just had to call time on a relationship that I've invested a lot in due to my apparent 'lack of compromise'...fuckin done pandering to the condescending twit...onwards and upwards I go...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
So partly my fault but someone told me to go duck my self today 🤣

I was waiting to cross the road with my baby in her pram and a van pulled up slowly in the middle of the highstreet then started to turn into the road that I was crossing. It’s a massive pet peeve of mine but he wasn’t indicating, so I said “indicate then?” And he said “sorry, love?” I said “you weren’t indicating so no one knows you were turning left” (I got the direction of travel wrong) and he said “I was turning right, I’m turning round!” Turns out he was going back the way he came . So I said “that doesn’t make it any better!” And he said “go duck yourself!” And drove off… so I said “you too!” Then I could see him going exactly the same route as I was going to be walking and had to worry that he was going to pull up for further confrontation 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I think it’s the heat making me a bit nuts and mouthy, but he really should have indicated, it’s annoying.
People are arseholes these days, somebody once told me they hoped I got covid because apparently I went the wrong way round outside in the car park

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Screenshot_20230615-133622_Facebook.jpg
Why people have to post crap like this on Facebook all the time, presumably she's right next to, just tell her that. Why should we care?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Bloody telecoms people. I’d had a rough night. Heat, menopause etc. I know our alarm goes off at 6.30/7am but I woke up with a start at half 5. Van doors slamming and sliding, blokes yelling, barriers being dragged about. At half bleeping 5. I’m now wide awake, the poor family across from us with a young baby are also now up. He’s glaring thru his blinds. I get folk have a job to do but half 5?? Behave

• Wow
Reactions: 8
View attachment 2241891Why people have to post crap like this on Facebook all the time, presumably she's right next to, just tell her that. Why should we care?
I always think he’s left his FB logged in and she’s written that herself. Welll that’s the sort of thing I do anyway. I’ve changed Mr Lolz whatsapp status to similar. He’s yet to jotice 5 years later 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ahhhh man…. I posted on my old fitness instagram that I’d lost 7lbs since baby was 3 weeks old (she’s 15 weeks) and someone has just messaged me saying “enjoy your baby”

THESE TWO ACTIVITIES ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

such a stupid unhelpful comment and she’s a midwife. I’ve just messaged her back and said “who said I’m not?”

duck OFF

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Being on holiday from work and getting woken up at 6.30am by next doors bloody occado delivery
They both drive and are in and out the house 50 millions times a day go to the bloody shop you lazy gits
I wouldnt get a 6:30am delivery but i get my food delivered. I loathe the supermarkets. Covid gave me an alternative and i stick with it 😂

Went full on indulgence on my weekend away so now I’m on a bit of a detox cause I felt like tit.
Problem is i’m majorly craving tit food now and there’s nothing in the house 😂🙃

Reactions: 4
Ahhhh man…. I posted on my old fitness instagram that I’d lost 7lbs since baby was 3 weeks old (she’s 15 weeks) and someone has just messaged me saying “enjoy your baby”

THESE TWO ACTIVITIES ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

such a stupid unhelpful comment and she’s a midwife. I’ve just messaged her back and said “who said I’m not?”

duck OFF
Sorry I might be stupid but why did that upset you? I didn’t read it as being negative. I read it as maybe being congratulated on the baby?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry I might be stupid but why did that upset you? I didn’t read it as being negative. I read it as maybe being congratulated on the baby?
It’s a way of telling someone to focus on their baby instead of worrying about anything else. She has no idea how I am coping with my baby so wasn’t a very clever thing to say, I could be really struggling to cope with bonding or just in general and her saying that doesn’t help at all.

Reactions: 4
I wouldnt get a 6:30am delivery but i get my food delivered. I loathe the supermarkets. Covid gave me an alternative and i stick with it 😂
Im not bashing anyone for getting home delivery I do myself sometimes 🤣 it was just the fact that there is a shop 2 minutes down the road and the delivery driver was so bloody noisey waking everyone up at 6.30 🙄 it's bad enough when they're bloody milk man comes clanking bottles at 3.00 am

Im not bashing anyone for getting home delivery I do myself sometimes 🤣 it was just the fact that there is a shop 2 minutes down the road and the delivery driver was so bloody noisey waking everyone up at 6.30 🙄 it's bad enough when they're bloody milk man comes clanking bottles at 3.00 am
Do you not think sometimes ppl do it to wake ppl up on purpose coz they are bitter? 😂 like dpd sometimes comes at absolutely unholy times but im an early riser so it doesnt wake me up but he knock knocks on the knocker, knock knocks on the glass and presses the ring doorbell.
Same with the binmen. Ours is about 7am and they are always making a right old racket!
I have super sensitive ears especially early on so it drives me up the wall. I just want to shout I AM AWAKE!!!

Reactions: 1
Do you not think sometimes ppl do it to wake ppl up on purpose coz they are bitter? 😂 like dpd sometimes comes at absolutely unholy times but im an early riser so it doesnt wake me up but he knock knocks on the knocker, knock knocks on the glass and presses the ring doorbell.
Same with the binmen. Ours is about 7am and they are always making a right old racket!
I have super sensitive ears especially early on so it drives me up the wall. I just want to shout I AM AWAKE!!!
Our bin men reverse into the lane which means you get a lovely “beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep beeeeeep” at the ass crack of dawn

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.