What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly kids say some tit stuff and they’ve no idea how much it hurts
I’d be firm with husband and make it clear it’s never happening
I would never dream of saying that stuff to my son, who are these parents that have their life then think their children can sacrifice whatever free time they now might have to care for them 🙄
Tell them to sod off
Agree with the kids not realising their words can hurt a few years ago my eldest step put a meme on her mother's Facebook page on fathers day saying
"Wishing you happy father's day because he's a twit"
I was raging needless to say it upset him 😤

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Oh while I'm remembering stuff the witch MIL said.... I have just had a huge full length mirror put up in the hallway. When she was leaving she looked at herself in it then at me square in the eye and said if this doesn't give you the incentive to lose weight, then nothing will.
Why do MILs exist. Honestly. How does she think this behaviour will make me go "oh yes, let's move to Ireland with you and let you live with us" absolutely delusional.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh while I'm remembering stuff the witch MIL said.... I have just had a huge full length mirror put up in the hallway. When she was leaving she looked at herself in it then at me square in the eye and said if this doesn't give you the incentive to lose weight, then nothing will.
Why do MILs exist. Honestly. How does she think this behaviour will make me go "oh yes, let's move to Ireland with you and let you live with us" absolutely delusional.
Do you feel incentivised 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do you feel incentivised 🤔
Absolutely not. Shoved a double stacked bacon Cheeseburger with beer battered chunky chips down my fat non Ireland living gob.
I know I'm not skinny, but I'm not ginormous either. I'm a 14 and 5ft 9. Even if I was a size 30, she should keep her evil comments to herself.
How do I kill her off? Asking for a friend of course 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It’s not so much MIL just hateful people I bloody love my daughter in law

Absolutely not. Shoved a double stacked bacon Cheeseburger with beer battered chunky chips down my fat non Ireland living gob.
I know I'm not skinny, but I'm not ginormous either. I'm a 14 and 5ft 9. Even if I was a size 30, she should keep her evil comments to herself.
How do I kill her off? Asking for a friend of course 👀
Salt....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s not so much MIL just hateful people I bloody love my daughter in law
this is irrelevant and I’m sure you are lovely
but it’s cracked me up that you’ve written about hateful people with the username “behelzabob”😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was making a delivery in Reading today, went to reception, I was told I had to phone
the person I was delivering too. Okay so I tried that and failed, so I phoned my base,
they called back telling me to deliver the package to the loading bay around the back
of the building. I mentioned that to the receptionist who told me I couldn't deliver food
to the loading bay.

I then mentioned to this idiot woman that I had two laptops to deliver, she thought I
was a food delivery person which was quite insulting. After learning that I was not a
food delivery man I was allowed to head for the loading bay.

So a delivery that should have taken less than a minute took 10 minutes.

Oh and another little rant, I was parked up in a motorcycle parking bay having a smoke,
this twit in a BMW blasted his horns at me, he wanted to park. I told him it was a motor
cycle parking bay. The twit moved forward and pulled up in front of me, after I finished
my smoke I headed off, I noticed in the mirror he reversed into the bay.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Being the newbie. I hate being the newest person at work! The team are lovely and welcoming, but I think before me the newest person joined about 18 months ago. They’ve all been there ages, or they worked together before and the manager brought them all with her when she started. It’s so hard. I’m part time so only there a couple of days a week which means I miss a lot anyway, and when I am there I make a real effort to be friendly and chatty and ask questions about people etc. And everyone’s been nice to me. But they’re long established friends, close out of work, all in touch with each other etc and it’s just hard to know how to fit into that. I’m def staying for at least another year so I want to feel like I have work friends there, but it’s draining trying to integrate yourself!

Reactions: 8
My sister in law is so bleeping lazy. MIL not long out of hospital, can’t do things for herself just yet and still she lies in bed all day doing nothing! Drives me crazy. I popped in this morning before work to put a load of washing in, asked if she could do the dishes at some point today. Her response was that it wasn’t her job. So whose bleeping job is it?! Arghhh.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
It's getting increasingly difficult to find anything old in charity shops. The whole point of going on the first place is because I like vintage things.

Reactions: 10
So its gone 10pm and theres some scum sorry teenagers smoking weed and kicking a ball against my fence. This is britain 2023. Where you cant do anything and these kids know it. If i shout, they will keep coming back, if i call the police no one will come and if i go round and tell them to sod off i will probably get stabbed.
What an absolutely depressing sign of the times.

So i need a product i can put on the fence which will put them off without being illegal...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I lost my job today completely out of the blue. I’ve been accused of something I haven’t done and I’m just absolutely fuming. Worst of all I’ve been off for the past two days and they waited until I turned up today for work to tell me. Could they not have just phoned me in advance rather than have me drive all the way in ?!?!?

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I lost my job today completely out of the blue. I’ve been accused of something I haven’t done and I’m just absolutely fuming. Worst of all I’ve been off for the past two days and they waited until I turned up today for work to tell me. Could they not have just phoned me in advance rather than have me drive all the way in ?!?!?
That sucks. Unfortunately they have to wait for you to come back to work.

Can you prove it weren't you?

Thank goodness that there's a general thread for ranting. Watching something on another social media site (Not actively - it has just popped up in my feed periodically over the past couple of years). Someone who is very 'clever' at using people/ aka basically scamming people on an ongoing and frequent basis. Can't say anything at all because they are disabled, transgender, and autistic so would get absolutely slammed for suggesting it (Don't slam me on here lol). I have no doubt that they have some challenges in life and do need some support, but the level at which they manipulate people to be able to use them for goods and money is just totally wrong. There I said it. Don't hate on me for being awful about people who are disabled, transgender or autistic. I'm just saying that none of those issues give you a get out of jail free card to use other people.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
i can’t stop thinking about the pillock on a bicycle who punched my wing mirror the other day!

I live in the arse end of nowhere, it’s known as a local beauty spot and since the lockdowns we get a frustrating amount of entitled knobs coming out this way, lots of dogs off lead worrying the sheep, BMWs abandoned on blind corners and the like.

The road to my property is a long, wavy dirt track used primarily by local farmers…. At this point I’ll mention that I drive a car with four wheel drive, it’s a large vehicle but a necessity living here to have traction in winter. The other day I encountered an older male jogger who was moving at a snails pace, smack in the middle of the road and headed in the same direction as myself. I slowed down to match his speed, 1st gear on the bite point, and waited to overtake as we were headed towards a sharp bend. Suddenly a cyclist comes hurtling around the corner, also smack in the centre of the road and headed straight towards us. He’s doing some speed and at the last second swerved to avoid the jogger and cycled past my car on my right. There was room for him to pass us both, I was as far left as the road would allow and yet when doing so he wordlessly punched my wing mirror hard, causing the casing to come off! I was shocked and angry, I hadn’t been speeding, I was vigilant and took every care possible to ensure safety for all given the situation, but we’re on a road the width of a tractor with tall hedges on either side, I’m not in a position where I can give him a wide berth like you would on a normal road and he was going at a far faster speed than we were!

Part of me wishes I’d turned around and pursued him to discuss it but I doubt it would have been a calm exchange 😂 I’m just so annoyed about it as I live here and drive this road every damn day, I know every curve and it’s frustrated me beyond belief that the entitled clown thinks he knows better! I’m sick of them all in general but this in particular has left me grumbling and replaying it in my mind for days. If you’re that cyclist and you happen to read this, I hope you step on a Lego.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
How long were you working there for? Did they go through a formal process, investigation, statements, etc? I got fired from a warehouse job once. I hated the place and decided one day to just not turn up, no notice, no contact, no nothing, and they still went through a formal process that took about three weeks to officially fire me and I had only been there a couple of months. If you've been there over two years I'd be straight off to a tribunal.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.