What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you not think sometimes ppl do it to wake ppl up on purpose coz they are bitter? 😂 like dpd sometimes comes at absolutely unholy times but im an early riser so it doesnt wake me up but he knock knocks on the knocker, knock knocks on the glass and presses the ring doorbell.
Same with the binmen. Ours is about 7am and they are always making a right old racket!
I have super sensitive ears especially early on so it drives me up the wall. I just want to shout I AM AWAKE!!!
Yeah I think your right they're iceland delivery driver is the worst he throws the baskets around like nobody's buisness makes a right old row and it sounds like a nuclear bombs gone off when the bin men come

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Our bin men reverse into the lane which means you get a lovely “beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep beeeeeep” at the ass crack of dawn
Mind always have a right old witch at 7am and I get the *beep beep vehicle reversing* as well. But I can't complain, they have a hard/important job

Reactions: 2
Yeah I think your right they're iceland delivery driver is the worst he throws the baskets around like nobody's buisness makes a right old row and it sounds like a nuclear bombs gone off when the bin men come
Up at 4am with the heat. Bin day... half tempted to go sit in the front garden for when they DO come and casually say morning... 😂

Reactions: 4
It’s driving me crazy before lockdown of a morning I would always see this woman I would say 50/60s walking her husky on the field by mine everyday. Since covid I’ve not seen her so my minds just going to the worse, we use to have 10/20 mins chats never found out her name

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Going to rant about my childs time keeping skills, sorry its a long one I need to get it out.

I woke her up at 7, she then refused to get out of bed so I had to start nagging after the 4th time of asking, which then the attitude started "ugh alright!" Like I'm inconveniencing her 😒

Its half past at this point and she's only just getting dressed she then takes another half an hour to put school uniform on comes down just after 8 and I have to say at her about how in September she will have secondary school so can't be late, she then takes 40 minutes brushing her hair moaning about wanting breakfast and stuff and trying to find the shoes and school stuff she dumped yesterday somewhere when she came home.

She then said something she was wearing was too small so I was like why put it on then? Then she had to go up and change, then she needed a tissue, then she hadn't put sun cream on her face and so on. It gets to 8.50 the school gates close at 8.55 so if she gets there on time it will be a miracle.

I'm tired of being the nagging parent, but honestly this situation infuriates me. And what annoys me is her dad (my ex) is like oh I'd love to be able to take her to school everyday, that's because he only sees weekend version who at his sleeps until lunch time and doesn't have to do anything as she sits around his all day.

She has autism and a developmental disorder, I know it's harder for her than it is other kids, she's very laid back and likes to take her time. But she doesn't have time for that and if she can't get up at 7am there's no chance il be able to get her up earlier.

For the record I do love my child I just wish she wasn't so laid back 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My other half and his need to have the last word in EVERYTHING

every petty argument we have he just keeps on and on about it. I’ll say something like “ok then” just as a way of stopping the pathetic bickering (isn’t this heat great) and he will STILL carry on. JUST SHUT UP MAN 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

every petty argument we have he just keeps on and on about it. I’ll say something like “ok then” just as a way of stopping the pathetic bickering (isn’t this heat great) and he will STILL carry on. JUST SHUT UP MAN 😂😂
He sounds awful

Typical, infuriating man 🤣🤣. I feel your pain. Sadly, it's illegal to maim them, so I wait until he falls asleep on the couch after dinner and I "accidently" have the loudest sneezing fit next to him 😂😂❤ xx

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Sounds like my partner. He HAS to have the last word even if it doesn't add anything to the conversation. I'll say something like "ok, whatever. Agree to disagree" and he'll still have to pipe up with "yeah whatever but I'm right" 😂 😂

• Haha

Sounds like mine. He HAS to disagree with me. If i said we really should stop polluting the waters he would disagree the same if i said we should euthanise criminals it literally doesnt matter he will disagree.
Drives me absolutely insane and if i ever dare to address it... you guessed it... HE DISAGREES. I told him the other day hes turning into his dad who he constantly calls a miserable git for arguing the toss with him!

My rant today (not to do with tattle so dont be rereading any replies to me) on facebook. Someone has posted on a group. I have commented, just a reply to the thread, not replying at anyone and some (thick stupid old) bloke has taken my comment as a go at him, sent 3 paragraphs basically calling me a dick. I was replying about the person the OP was talking about who everyone hates!!!! And hes took it as im speaking to him! 😂 ive gone back obviously and pointed out his errors but im literally raging about it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just heard from a friend, started with an ear infection last Saturday, rang his GP surgery Monday but no appointments until Wednesday & advised him to go to walk in clinic. 3 hours wait in clinic to be told bad infection, you need antibiotics, go & see your GP for prescription! They can't do them 😳 Explained no appointments so they said he best go to A&E. 6 hours wait & he finally gets one.

I mean, WTAF!? Why didn't GP surgery know walk in clinic can't do prescriptions? What do they do then? I got an emergency prescription ok from a weekend clinic, but that was 7 years ago.

The system is just broken...😖

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sounds like mine. He HAS to disagree with me. If i said we really should stop polluting the waters he would disagree the same if i said we should euthanise criminals it literally doesnt matter he will disagree.
Drives me absolutely insane and if i ever dare to address it... you guessed it... HE DISAGREES. I told him the other day hes turning into his dad who he constantly calls a miserable git for arguing the toss with him!

My rant today (not to do with tattle so dont be rereading any replies to me) on facebook. Someone has posted on a group. I have commented, just a reply to the thread, not replying at anyone and some (thick stupid old) bloke has taken my comment as a go at him, sent 3 paragraphs basically calling me a dick. I was replying about the person the OP was talking about who everyone hates!!!! And hes took it as im speaking to him! 😂 ive gone back obviously and pointed out his errors but im literally raging about it!!
I swear to god if I was murdered my husband would somehow explain to the police it was my fault
I don’t know what it is with some of them but like you say they have to take the opposite view NO MATTER WHAT IT IS 🤨
I always pull him up about it along the lines of
“ would it bleeping kill you to just say oh god yeah that’s awful”

He’s had conversations at work were all the men apparently moan that their partners want someone just to agree with them ….. well yes I bloody well do although I might faint if it ever happens

Reactions: 8
I swear to god if I was murdered my husband would somehow explain to the police it was my fault
I don’t know what it is with some of them but like you say they have to take the opposite view NO MATTER WHAT IT IS 🤨
I always pull him up about it along the lines of
“ would it bleeping kill you to just say oh god yeah that’s awful”

He’s had conversations at work were all the men apparently moan that their partners want someone just to agree with them ….. well yes I bloody well do although I might faint if it ever happens
Uhhh he always feels sorry for ppl i slag off too! So i agree with the murder thing. He would probably think i caused it!
---
Just heard from a friend, started with an ear infection last Saturday, rang his GP surgery Monday but no appointments until Wednesday & advised him to go to walk in clinic. 3 hours wait in clinic to be told bad infection, you need antibiotics, go & see your GP for prescription! They can't do them 😳 Explained no appointments so they said he best go to A&E. 6 hours wait & he finally gets one.

I mean, WTAF!? Why didn't GP surgery know walk in clinic can't do prescriptions? What do they do then? I got an emergency prescription ok from a weekend clinic, but that was 7 years ago.

The system is just broken...😖
Whats even the point in a walk in centre if they cant do prescriptions? Our GP's receptionists have started vetting our msgs to the gp to triage them. I was having an allergic reaction, not imminently life threatening but its on my notes ive had them before and get a certain antibiotic and steroid. So i msged saying, this has happened again, I'm out of the country until the weekend, as I've already had it can i get the pills sent to pharmacy even if its just until a monday GP appointment?
Receptionist said to go to the pharmacy in spain for advice... 🙄 i just feel like common sense has gone. Shes clearly not read my notes and thinks just because i wasnt ill right at that second, i was pre-empting being quite poorly and having to go to hospital on the saturday and wanted to save them money and time!

So yep... had to go sit in our walk in for 6 hours for a prescription which when i showed them on my nhs app what i had before they said oh yea and wrote those 2 down... 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sad
Going to rant about my childs time keeping skills, sorry its a long one I need to get it out.

I woke her up at 7, she then refused to get out of bed so I had to start nagging after the 4th time of asking, which then the attitude started "ugh alright!" Like I'm inconveniencing her 😒

Its half past at this point and she's only just getting dressed she then takes another half an hour to put school uniform on comes down just after 8 and I have to say at her about how in September she will have secondary school so can't be late, she then takes 40 minutes brushing her hair moaning about wanting breakfast and stuff and trying to find the shoes and school stuff she dumped yesterday somewhere when she came home.

She then said something she was wearing was too small so I was like why put it on then? Then she had to go up and change, then she needed a tissue, then she hadn't put sun cream on her face and so on. It gets to 8.50 the school gates close at 8.55 so if she gets there on time it will be a miracle.

I'm tired of being the nagging parent, but honestly this situation infuriates me. And what annoys me is her dad (my ex) is like oh I'd love to be able to take her to school everyday, that's because he only sees weekend version who at his sleeps until lunch time and doesn't have to do anything as she sits around his all day.

She has autism and a developmental disorder, I know it's harder for her than it is other kids, she's very laid back and likes to take her time. But she doesn't have time for that and if she can't get up at 7am there's no chance il be able to get her up earlier.

For the record I do love my child I just wish she wasn't so laid back 😂
Perhaps having the morning laid out visually with pictures and times underneath will help, so she can see what needs to be done next and by the time.

We had our house valuation back yesterday. It's more than we had ever dreamed of. We're talking 400k in equity. We love our house and have spent 5 years renovationg it and have absolutely no plans to move. My husband told his mum and she has been non stop sending us houses in Northern Ireland that "we should buy" and she'll move into the annexe. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful massive 7 bedroom houses with loads of land, but I've never even visited Ireland, let alone want to live there, with her!! She's relocating back to Ireland anyway.
Husband has been looking at the houses and I can see he's being turned. I've told him there is absolutely no way I am moving there and he will be moving by himself as a single man.
MIL came round and she bought it up. I said I'm not moving to Ireland. She said "me and *my husband* will convince you" I said well he can go over by himself because I'm not going. Why would I move to a place I've never even visited?
She just said oh.
Then she said to my 15 year old, you'd move with me wouldn't you, and he laughed said yeah, alright..
I said off you go then, I'll have you packed up in a couple of hours.
Then when she said wouldn't you miss mum and dad, he looked at me , laughed and said mmm, not really and laughed again.
I said you better get yourself packed then.
MIL could see I was pissed off and upset and left sharpish.
Been sat in the garden crying for half an hour.
I know it's because I'm due on so extra emotional, I'm never usually a Crier but it really upset me.
I know he wouldn't have meant to upset me but it really did. Thought I was a decent parent and now feel really tit

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
We had our house valuation back yesterday. It's more than we had ever dreamed of. We're talking 400k in equity. We love our house and have spent 5 years renovationg it and have absolutely no plans to move. My husband told his mum and she has been non stop sending us houses in Northern Ireland that "we should buy" and she'll move into the annexe. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful massive 7 bedroom houses with loads of land, but I've never even visited Ireland, let alone want to live there, with her!! She's relocating back to Ireland anyway.
Husband has been looking at the houses and I can see he's being turned. I've told him there is absolutely no way I am moving there and he will be moving by himself as a single man.
MIL came round and she bought it up. I said I'm not moving to Ireland. She said "me and *my husband* will convince you" I said well he can go over by himself because I'm not going. Why would I move to a place I've never even visited?
She just said oh.
Then she said to my 15 year old, you'd move with me wouldn't you, and he laughed said yeah, alright..
Then when she said wouldn't you miss mum and dad, he looked at me , laughed and said mmm, not really and laughed again.
I know it's because I'm due on so extra emotional, I'm never usually a Crier but it really upset me.
I know he wouldn't have meant to upset me but it really did. Thought I was a decent parent and now feel really tit
bleeping mother in laws 😡 I'm so sorry you're feeling so crap now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She just said oh.
What an absolute dick! How does she not realise 🙄 also your husband shouldn't be ganging up

She just said oh.
Honestly kids say some tit stuff and they’ve no idea how much it hurts
I’d be firm with husband and make it clear it’s never happening
I would never dream of saying that stuff to my son, who are these parents that have their life then think their children can sacrifice whatever free time they now might have to care for them 🙄
Tell them to sod off

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She just said oh.
He's 15. He probably thought he was being funny. I wouldn't take it to heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.