Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
Every time I check my email or social media there’s a person collecting money and it’s always for a good cause. I am saying that sincerely too. I am signing off soon and reading books again, it’s so much cheaper.

eta: good cause can be subjective but I think it’s a good one, I order delivery from time to time and it can be dangerous where I live. One man lost his life while doing his job in my neighborhood and his family opened up a very modest collection for his funeral. That’s hard to argue with. The second one that landed in my email is just as important too. It’s not a life changing donation but at the same time, all these things add up especially with the tipping culture over here. I think I spent close to fifty dollars this month just for existing in the current social climate. Something has to give.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Captainmouse

VIP Member
It’s a pain in the proverbial !
I can’t believe nobody picked it up, I kept asking why despite working the same hours every week I didn’t get the same pay. And how can a company issue you a p45 when you leave and not inform HMRC? Also. Do HMRC not look at p60's?

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Padlock the chain or install a movable/lockable bollard thing
Yes we haven't so far as we were going to move this year but we might have to look at a more permanent fix
---
That’s so bad!!! I hate even parking on the street outside someone’s house let alone using their driveway 😲 I’d put up a camera to see who it is / what car it is then ask locally
Yes it's getting to that point now I guess some people are just selfish
---
Please try and resolve it, we don't want to see you in the Daily Mail .... always a driveway story every few months. Praying you can resolve it hun x
I haven't qoy quite that far yet 🤣

So he wouldn't be sufficiently bothered about pissing on his own toothbrush? 🤣
Just extra reassurance that he won't and she doesn't come down often I do have a new electric one for her its just her old one that I put in that looks like its never been used so he thinks she's using that
---
I think it was this thread. I'm worried I've got it wrong now. I don't really understand it either. The toilet is right there. Use it!
---

Maybe not. I don't know. I'd hate to think someone was weeing in my sink. I drop stuff in it. Yes I rinse it after but ewwwww.
Yep that's why my tooth brush is in one of them travel cases now and I do wipe the sink over more often but he knows he's done wrong keeps asking why toothbrushes are in sink and I just say you know why you dirty bastard
---
I've got a rant about yesterday. In york there's outdoor vendors with a eating area which in my eyes you eat quickish for other people to be able to sit and eat. Well a family thought what a perfect place to sit take up two big tables steadily eat (i know they had been there at least 30minutes we looked round came back nephews wife had to wait half hour after her tablet to eat) and bring own caterpillar cake and celebrate someone birthday 😡🤬. I'm i wrong thinking its entitlement doing this 🤔

Last edited:

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Someone at work requesting something from me, sent it over and then they went silent for weeks. Came back to me last week and I’ve not replied yet, so they’re chasing. Oh, so now it’s important… Not to me. It wasn’t important when you left me hanging for two weeks. You can wait your turn and my week next week is already looking manic. So it’ll have to be the week after. ✌🏼
Ugh. Reminds me of a weapon I worked with, thankfully not on the same team. My team had to do a certification process for everyone in the company. And she was so snotty, emailing my manager 'is this what Chastity is referring to' kinda thing. Instead of replying to my emails like everyone else did.

She moved to another company. My manager was on maternity leave and bitch face needed proof of the certification from us. Suddenly the sweetness was off the charts in the emails I got from her. I was tempted to spin it out and pretend I didn't know what she was talking about. Ugh.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I’ve annoyed myself. I was at the GP last Friday. He emailed my prescription through to the pharmacy. I went about 4 hours later to pick up and it wasn’t ready. That annoyed me. Like why have a system if your not gonna use it. She told me to come back in 20 mins. I said I can’t wait I’ll come back tomorrow.
of course I forgot and by the time I get home from work everyday the pharmacy is closed. I was off today and bloody forgot.
So now I’m pissed off at my increasingly forgetful mind
I have mine delivered now. Less hassle, especially since they are economising getting you to request medication more frequently.
Just check with the chemist if they deliver.
If I don't get to the door in time when they knock they post it through my letterbox.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Are you good with B Vitamins and Magnesium? I didn't take my supplements for a few months (vegan) and I had the same issues - low energy, skin was bad, shitty broken sleep, nausea especially in the morning but also randomly during the day.
Been taking B vitamins but not magnesium recently, probably should get back on it!

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
According to HMRC at one time I had six jobs! They had issued p45’s to me, but not informed HMRC. I offered to send my copies, but that wouldn’t do. I had to call all these companies and try to get them to submit to HMRC
It’s a pain in the proverbial !

Black.bird

VIP Member
The Daily Mail.

They are obviously having some monetary issues as they're laying off staff but the last couple of days every time you go on to their website they want you to turn the ad blocker off. They've never done that before. Fair enough but the website is literally unusable without one because of the ads are mental!!

Tried on the app on my phone and they're asking you to turn on tracker so they can see what other websites you use!! FUCK OFF with that one. I'd rather they had a pay wall.

I'll have to learn to live without the side bar of shame.
Are they really?

I've noticed that lately they've started republishing articles that first appeared months ago.

I usually head straight to the Australian tab but am finding it increasingly annoying that most of the articles seem to be planted by PR folks.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
No, it's a grant that doesn't need to be paid back. Not sure if it's just a thing here in Wales? It's called the Discretionary Assistance Fund. It's definitely a flawed system, they don't ask many details. Don't need to provide any proof of any incomes or lack of funds. So definitely far too easy for people to take the piss but surely anyone with a functioning moral compass wouldn't feel right doing it.. 🤷‍♀️🙄
that seems a little concerning, what if they end up checking?:oops::oops: Would you get done for fraud?!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
After getting home from Aldi I have a new one… when you’ve bagged up your shopping and just about to pay and the absolute doorknob behind you comes and stands next to you. This isn’t the first time it’s happened and I’ve started asking these imbeciles if they’re paying for my shopping, I just got a blank stare back but wtf where is the decorum, granted I usually pay contactless but why the f*ck are you within range of seeing what my PIN is if I was using my card. It’s not your turn until I have paid, moved out the way and your shopping is being scanned you utter bellends. Space invaders absolutely enrage me, bring back social distancing!
I posted the exact same thing in the little things that annoy you thread!

• Heart

Slaybutter

VIP Member
I do and it drives me up the wall because when I work from home, I miss those deliveries because I’m still asleep at this hour. The last thing I want to do is run to the complex gate in the cold.

7.30am is unreasonable - most businesses don’t open until 8.30am.
That’s terribly annoying. What happens if you don’t go meet them??

Oh I must’ve missed that. His behaviour baffles me
I think it was this thread. I'm worried I've got it wrong now. I don't really understand it either. The toilet is right there. Use it!
---
So he wouldn't be sufficiently bothered about pissing on his own toothbrush? 🤣
Maybe not. I don't know. I'd hate to think someone was weeing in my sink. I drop stuff in it. Yes I rinse it after but ewwwww.

I was in the supermarket earlier and there was a woman in front of me in the queue telling everyone that would listen about what she was getting her son for his birthday. It felt like she was just showing off and it really annoyed me because there would have been people around her that will be struggling at the moment with the cost of living. She was so loud and had to tell us "He's getting a PS5, 10 games for it, a new Iphone 14, a new macbook, he then said he wanted a cat so we've bought him one as well.

Then when she was paying for her shopping she said again, very loudly "Oh yes I am paying over 100 pounds, so I'll have to put my card in won't I because it is OVER 100 POUNDS I AM SPENDING TODAY HERE IN THIS SHOP ALONE"

I really just wanted to tell her to shut up and stop boasting.
Maybe she's just had a big windfall and it's desperate for someone to ask about it so she can brag.

flutternutter

VIP Member
May sound a bit crazy but I booked our holiday in May around my period (it gets so heavy I can't leave the house as just leaks everywhere) usually start on 3rd of the month with a 2 day leeway each way.
Holiday is booked for 11th. I've just started my period 11 days late so come May ill be on, on holiday. On the 5 hour flight too 😭.
Our first family holiday and our first holiday in 9 years.

It usually only lasts 4 days but stillll
Period delay medication. Which reminds me i need to order mine 🤣

• Haha