What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please stop texting me about inane shite on my first weekend off in nearly a month.

I hate how texting culture requires you to be 'on call' 24/7.

Reactions: 8
I deliberately sought out this thread as I feel RAWR.

I take care of my mother. I do the cleaning, pay bills, get her food. I take care of her medical stuff and buy her birthday, mother's day, Xmas and Easter presents, frequently get her flowers.

My sibling does ZILCH.

Only this morning I was looking into some medical equipment and booking Sunday lunch for tomorrow.

I just had a phone call from her saying not to upset my sibling. The last contact I had with them was to ask what they wanted for their birthday, hardly death threats or abusive.

I am hopping mad and tempted to abandon Sunday lunch tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I deliberately sought out this thread as I feel RAWR.

I take care of my mother. I do the cleaning, pay bills, get her food. I take care of her medical stuff and buy her birthday, mother's day, Xmas and Easter presents, frequently get her flowers.

My sibling does ZILCH.

Only this morning I was looking into some medical equipment and booking Sunday lunch for tomorrow.

I just had a phone call from her saying not to upset my sibling. The last contact I had with them was to ask what they wanted for their birthday, hardly death threats or abusive.

I am hopping mad and tempted to abandon Sunday lunch tomorrow.
In every family there are siblings who do and siblings who don’t and for some reason I can’t work out the siblings who don’t are always treated better than the ones who are actually doing any nurturing and looking after. It’s galling.

Reactions: 21
In every family there are siblings who do and siblings who don’t and for some reason I can’t work out the siblings who don’t are always treated better than the ones who are actually doing any nurturing and looking after. It’s galling.
I see this happen a lot. More often than not I see sons being lauded as wonderful Princes who don't help out, and daughters who do errands being taken for granted. Not a complete generalisation but from what I have witnessed in my extended family and friendship circle. I don't understand it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sympathies to those of you with covid. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm recovering from a chest infection and I can't believe how it absolutely knocked me for six. I just want it to be over and done with now. And from constant nose blowing, I now have lovely cold sores - FML. 😡

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This is so true. I do so much for my mum and my sibling does duck all. Yet they’re the favourite!

I see this happen a lot. More often than not I see sons being lauded as wonderful Princes who don't help out, and daughters who do errands being taken for granted. Not a complete generalisation but from what I have witnessed in my extended family and friendship circle. I don't understand it.
This is my family, although I have one sister who is a lazy cow too. My other sister and I always in the kitchen making sure lunch or dinner is sorted and my brother sitting on his humungous we’re doing absolutely zero and no one bats an eyelid!

Reactions: 7
I went on my first big solo trip last year and all during the weekend just gone I kept thinking why I am putting myself through this and why didnt I go on my own as I loved the solo trip!

My issue is my two best friends normally went on holidays with me and we were all so similar and just got on so well and rarely if ever had any issues on holidays for years but they cant travel as much now for different reasons.
I fully concur with this. I really like my own company anyway but until about 10 years ago had never really travelled alone. I also can't stand irritating behaviour from friends on holiday (which is as much a me thing as a them thing) and honestly - solo travel is now my preference. It's brilliant.

Reactions: 7
This is so true. I do so much for my mum and my sibling does duck all. Yet they’re the favourite!
Likewise! My Mum genuinely enjoys their company but gets bored/irritated by me. Yet I’m the one she calls if she needs something done. Without fail.
And on the rare occasion my sibling is asked to help, they’re busy. Every time,
Don’t get me wrong; I love them both, but I definitely feel like the underdog!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Apologies if this is very low key but would like to rant about idiots that buy huge cars and clearly can't drive them. In the space of a 20 minute drive I was nearly hit by a huge Range Rover turning from a side road into my path. Then less than 5 minutes later saw two of these cars having a stand off at a round about. In fairness, only of the big cars was at fault and nearly caused a very nasty accident pulling into the flow of traffic.

I don't particularly enjoy driving but my anxiety around it isn't helped by people that clearly shouldn't be on the road. It was definitely an older gent behind the wheel in the later instance as they stopped close to my car (I was waiting to cross the roundabout).

Sorry my partner is out but I needed to vent somewhere!

Reactions: 10
Apologies if this is very low key but would like to rant about idiots that buy huge cars and clearly can't drive them. In the space of a 20 minute drive I was nearly hit by a huge Range Rover turning from a side road into my path. Then less than 5 minutes later saw two of these cars having a stand off at a round about. In fairness, only of the big cars was at fault and nearly caused a very nasty accident pulling into the flow of traffic.

I don't particularly enjoy driving but my anxiety around it isn't helped by people that clearly shouldn't be on the road. It was definitely an older gent behind the wheel in the later instance as they stopped close to my car (I was waiting to cross the roundabout).

Sorry my partner is out but I needed to vent somewhere!
That's one pf my biggest wind ups too.

One of my most used sentences when shouting at other drivers is 'get a car you can drive'.

Reactions: 6
The demonisation of some animals. In particular squirrels. Red squirrels good, grey squirrels bad :rolleyes:
Ofc we we wouldn't want reds wiped out by greys but being ok with culling greys and seeing it as the only option makes you a hypocrite.
Also squirrel proof bird feeders??? :unsure: are british gardens swarming with squirrels?? So many that you can't spare a little extra bird food once in a while? 🤨
I love squirrels

Reactions: 2
I fully concur with this. I really like my own company anyway but until about 10 years ago had never really travelled alone. I also can't stand irritating behaviour from friends on holiday (which is as much a me thing as a them thing) and honestly - solo travel is now my preference. It's brilliant.
Solo travel is completely under rated. I'm going to visit family in South East Asia this Summer and am hopefully going to two other countries immeadiately afterwards on my own as I enjoyed the solo trip so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Solo travel is completely under rated. I'm going to visit family in South East Asia this Summer and am hopefully going to two other countries immeadiately afterwards on my own as I enjoyed the solo trip so much.
Have an amazing time!

Reactions: 4
I went to a large department store over here (likes of Selfridges) and the security guard kept following me around as I was looking at Sandro, Maje, Reiss clothes. He made it very clear he was looking at me and was even speaking about me in his talkie. When I left he said “she’s just shopping”.

I was only me and another lady (of minority) on that side of the floor. There’s never any security guard on that part of the floor because it’s not really the “luxury” area.

I was shocked. First time I’ve seen this in more than a decade of me living in Dublin. I work my behind off to be able to provide myself with a comfortable living and while I can afford to buy certain items in this shop, I normally don’t buy any but thought I could treat myself this once. I ended up not buying anything because I won’t support a shop which allows this type of behavior.

He should be worried about those who walk in with fake Chanel bags etc, not me. I was dressed clean and put together with high quality items but no logos. Definitely not thief material.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
I went to a large department store over here (likes of Selfridges) and the security guard kept following me around as I was looking at Sandro, Maje, Reiss clothes. He made it very clear he was looking at me and was even speaking about me in his talkie. When I left he said “she’s just shopping”.

I was only me and another lady (of minority) on that side of the floor. There’s never any security guard on that part of the floor because it’s not really the “luxury” area.

I was shocked. First time I’ve seen this in more than a decade of me living in Dublin. I work my behind off to be able to provide myself with a comfortable living and while I can afford to buy certain items in this shop, I normally don’t buy any but thought I could treat myself this once. I ended up not buying anything because I won’t support a shop which allows this type of behavior.

He should be worried about those who walk in with fake Chanel bags etc, not me. I was dressed clean and put together with high quality items but no logos. Definitely not thief material.

Absolutely ridiculous.
I’ve had the same in John Lewis. Really annoying. Sorry this happened

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This was me. Then she died. Then I went with my friends to an appointment booked 2 years previously to see a psychic and guess who turned up 😄 Apologising, saying now she could see what had really been going on I was now favourite child. 🤣😂🤣

• Haha
This was me. Then she died. Then I went with my friends to an appointment booked 2 years previously to see a psychic and guess who turned up 😄 Apologising, saying now she could see what had really been going on I was now favourite child. 🤣😂🤣
No?! You’re kidding? This would happen to me I swear to god 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Since when was it ok to blow your nose where people are eating? It's gross

• Sick
I’ve had the same in John Lewis. Really annoying. Sorry this happened
I had this in Dorothy Perkins. All because I had a Muse hoodie on. Obv thought I was bad news. She stuck to me like glue, I heard her in her Walkie talkie tell her mate. After about 20 mins I actually told them very loudly I was there to buy my daughter a coat. I had money and I was going elsewhere. She skulked off. I had the last laugh though as while she was following me, a group of teens stole a heap of jewellery and ran out the store 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.