What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Periods. Come when they feel like it. Make you feel awful for a week before they come. When they are here you feel worse because of the bleeding. Think you might get 3 weeks off before the cycle starts again but who knows?

Just piss off.
I feel your pain with this !
Mine started yesterday ! Happy new year! ...2nd day is always awful so been in pain most of the day today ☹
It genuinely makes me feel ill every month like im coming down with a bug as well as all the other lovely side effects of it !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel your pain with this !
Mine started yesterday ! Happy new year! ...2nd day is always awful so been in pain most of the day today ☹
It genuinely makes me feel ill every month like im coming down with a bug as well as all the other lovely side effects of it !
Same. I always feel like I'm coming down with a cold for a few days, plus generally feel awful. I really only feel good for about a week out of the month, then the whole thing starts again 🙄

Reactions: 9
Also do not want to go back to work, for me it's weds. I just don't feel ready for school runs and professional clothing and bloody excel spreadsheets 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Everyone in the house has a cold. Sneezing, coughing and spluttering in every room.

No Lemsip in the shops and only a few cold tablets about.

Christmas food languishing and having to be thrown out,

No sympathy from anyone as we're all in the same boat. It's just miserable.

Reactions: 8
People who work from home being extremely smug about it and rubbing it in everyone's faces with unbridled glee.

Why not spare a thought for people who simply cannot do this and count your blessings? People never choose the classy option anymore. It is ALWAYS smug bragging.

To be clear, if people want to WFH and can, good for them! I am annoyed purely at those who are showing off in a very ungracious way.

Reactions: 14
Just found my partner asleep on the sofa next to my sleeping new born, who was wedged at the back of the sofa. As if this wasn't bad enough he had also used his arm and a blanket to make a "tent" covering her head! I stayed impressively calm and took her back to her cot and now he's sulking because I had the audacity to question his parenting or as I call it, try and prevent my baby from suffocating.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
The tube this morning 😡
First day back at work - all the trains were full, all the platforms were rammed. Everyone fuming and angry. Honestly it was the worst situation I’ve seen commuting and there have been some bad times.
In the end I gave up.
I’m sure I won’t be the only one.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
crippling anixety. I don't know what's wrong with me but I feel like a teenager waking up for school this morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Bloody house insurance that make it near on impossible to make a claim. 1 hour spent on the phone bring passed from pillar to post listening to that god awful music for someone to say "oh you need to do it online". Why didn't the first 8 people I spoke to say that 🙄. First child free day and an hour of my life I won't get back.

I called my husband and told him and he said "oh well, at least you didn't have the children climbing all over you" and "At least it gave you something to do and not sit staring at a wall"
I had said previously I was going to spend the day sitting staring at a blank wall to recover mentally from the holidays, obviously I was joking 🙄 but I would have rather been staring at a wall than listening to that mind numbing music

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
The tube this morning 😡
First day back at work - all the trains were full, all the platforms were rammed. Everyone fuming and angry. Honestly it was the worst situation I’ve seen commuting and there have been some bad times.
In the end I gave up.
I’m sure I won’t be the only one.
My son said his train into work this morning was hugely crowded as it's a limited service - the first train from our station (which he was on) was at 7.30. They normally start at 5. And it's not even a strike day...

My rant is people who make their problem everyone else's problem.
My neighbours are lazy sods. They have a large family and generate lots of rubbish. They also have a large car and neither of them works over Christmas and have been at home throughout. The local refuse tip is 5 mins by car from our house and there are no restrictions on entry (other than it's closed on Xmas Day/ Boxing Day).
Any normal person would take their excess rubbish that didn't fit in the wheelie bin to the tip, no?
Not my neighbour - he was outside this morning putting his extra 10 bin bags in other people's bins (not mine though - as he learnt when he did that before and I put the bags back on his driveway).
Hopefully none of the neighbours have any extra rubbish to put out, as he's filled all their bins.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
My son said his train into work this morning was hugely crowded as it's a limited service - the first train from our station (which he was on) was at 7.30. They normally start at 5. And it's not even a strike day...

My rant is people who make their problem everyone else's problem.
My neighbours are lazy sods. They have a large family and generate lots of rubbish. They also have a large car and neither of them works over Christmas and have been at home throughout. The local refuse tip is 5 mins by car from our house and there are no restrictions on entry (other than it's closed on Xmas Day/ Boxing Day).
Any normal person would take their excess rubbish that didn't fit in the wheelie bin to the tip, no?
Not my neighbour - he was outside this morning putting his extra 10 bin bags in other people's bins (not mine though - as he learnt when he did that before and I put the bags back on his driveway).
Hopefully none of the neighbours have any extra rubbish to put out, as he's filled all their bins.
Omg if I was his neighbour I would be taking that rubbish right back out of my bin and dumping it all over his driveway lmao.

Reactions: 7
Bloody house insurance that make it near on impossible to make a claim. 1 hour spent on the phone bring passed from pillar to post listening to that god awful music for someone to say "oh you need to do it online". Why didn't the first 8 people I spoke to say that 🙄. First child free day and an hour of my life I won't get back.

I called my husband and told him and he said "oh well, at least you didn't have the children climbing all over you" and "At least it gave you something to do and not sit staring at a wall"
I had said previously I was going to spend the day sitting staring at a blank wall to recover mentally from the holidays, obviously I was joking 🙄 but I would have rather been staring at a wall than listening to that mind numbing music
Home insurance claims are the worst. I'm going through one at the moment which is a right pain.
Be prepared for them to tell you that your leak was a 'maintenance issue' so they're not liable :mad: .
My insurers use claims assessors to do everything who are worse than useless.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Having to listen to my ex talk to her friends on the phone in the loudest voice ever from her bedroom (we still share the house, she ended the relationship in November) about how she's met someone and has never felt like this before and she's in love. While I'm sat in my room in pieces struggling to hold my life together.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Sliced the top of my right thumb on the blade in a pill cutter, of all things 😫
I was washing it as it was previously used for cat medicine and I want to use it for some giant supplements I'm trying out. Thought it was all plastic and didn't see the metal blade inside it. Already been through 2 plasters.

On the other hand (lol) I only found it because me and my Mum were clearing out the kitchen cupboards, 3 big boxes of crockery/utensils etc in garage ready for donation*, plus a bag of rubbish is GONE.

* it's alright if the stuff junking up our garage is ours (I refer you to my rant the other day, in the little things that annoy you thread I think).

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Evri couriers. Also known as "we lose EVERY bleeping parcel"!!! They've lost my parcel, because they apparently can't find a huge Asda superstore (bastards are amazing at camouflage) in a retail park but they'll keep trying until Dean is able to successfully deliver it. duck off, Dean.

Reactions: 5
Why are the nastiest people your so called 'family'
Reminds me of this quote from the girl with the dragon tatoo:

"You will be investigating thieves, misers, bullies. The most detestable collection of people that you will ever meet - my family."

I have hated my extended family and cut contact with a lot of my cousins.

Just because they're family doesn't mean they get to treat you however they want- because they're family they should be nicer.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Reminds me of this quote from the girl with the dragon tatoo:

"You will be investigating thieves, misers, bullies. The most detestable collection of people that you will ever meet - my family."

I have hated my extended family and cut contact with a lot of my cousins.

Just because they're family doesn't mean they get to treat you however they want- because they're family they should be nicer.
I've just had the nastiest telephone call ever from a family member, I'm livid and ticking like a bomb ready to explode, I really hate them for making me feel like this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.